PDA

View Full Version : Think NFL looking at selling games online?

Dont drink the water
04-11-2006, 07:50 AM
They know they have a market for ganes outside of home market and despite some very vocal advocates, not every one is going to get DirectTV. ABC now is selling CURRENT season online.

From email:
ABC will offer four prime-time shows including "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" on its Web site for free for two months beginning in May as it continues to expand the ways consumers can watch TV online.

The shows will include advertising that cannot be skipped over during viewing. ABC, which is owned by The Walt Disney Co., already offers ad-free episodes for $1.99 each on Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL)'s iTunes store.

The experiment comes as networks try to reach viewers who watch less TV in prime-time and are embracing technology that lets them watch shows on computers and portable devices, such as an iPod.

I think this model would do well for games. Make games available Tuesday thru Friday night so fans could watch games they missed on weekends.

ryjam282
04-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Not a bad idea at all. Glad I have my tivo now though so I can watch them whenever I feel like it.

BAM
04-11-2006, 03:48 PM
I would be all over it if it did happen. I'll probably never leave from Comcast, especially to DirecTV.

Pride
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Cant skip over commercials? Does that mean there is no forward/rewind button?

If so, this will never fly. People want the ability to pause, rewind, FF just like Tivo!

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
If the NFL tries selling games online then it is just obvious they do not care about the Bills or their fans. They are obviously setting this up so we can listen to games once the team moves.

I hope Hillary can help. She has always come through for us in the past. WHITE HOUSE, '08!!!!

LtBillsFan66
04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
If the NFL tries selling games online then it is just obvious they do not care about the Bills or their fans. They are obviously setting this up so we can listen to games once the team moves.

I hope Hillary can help. She has always come through for us in the past. WHITE HOUSE, '08!!!!
:rofl: