PDA

View Full Version : Grade the Peerless Price Signing

Meathead
04-11-2006, 08:33 AM
and please no bathroom fixtures

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I am the lone 'A' for the voting I guess. I love the signing. We needed a veteran with experience and a guy that can be a legit threat at #2. Price is exactly that.

FlyingDutchman
04-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I like the pick up, however I dont like the fact that we have 20 million spent between Price and Royal...

Meathead
04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
its so hard to tell. on one hand price was terrific when here and could be dynamite as a number two. otoh he really really struggled the last couple seasons and may have a vision problem

guess we'll see but its really a no lose for the bills so for now it looks smart

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I like the pick up, however I dont like the fact that we have 20 million spent between Price and Royal...

We don't. Those are theoretical lifetime contract figures. THe backends are likely loaded up.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I give it a D.

We payed too much for him.

We have 3 guys who can do what he does.

He has been awful the last few years.

We still haven't addressed the DL and the OL, which will just lead to more losses this year regardless of what happens with the rest of the team.

campeonaso
04-11-2006, 09:21 AM
priceless ......................

j.p loserman qb of the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbub2352
04-11-2006, 09:24 AM
What 3 guys are you talking about Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Jonathan Smith, Andre Davis, Roscoe Parrish all of them at there career best added up don't equal Peerless Production in his first stint here, sometimes players need a change, the guys i mentioned up top have done nothing in my opinion that would warrant them unreplaceable, It is a good signing still young excellent speed and experience We didn't over pay for him the Market is up and it is a an incentive based deal from what i heard on Channel 2 news I AGREE WITH ICE... Love the signing

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I give it a D.

We payed too much for him.

We have 3 guys who can do what he does.

We still haven't addressed the DL and the OL, which will just lead to more losses this year regardless of what happens with the rest of the team.

The Bills signed Tripplett, Royal and Fowler.

How is that not addressing the OL or DL?

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
What 3 guys are you talking about Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Jonathan Smith, Andre Davis, Roscoe Parrish all of them at there career best added up don't equal Peerless Production in his first stint here, sometimes players need a change, the guys i mentioned up top have done nothing in my opinion that would warrant them unreplaceable, It is a good signing still young excellent speed and experience We didn't over pay for him the Market is up and it is a an incentive based deal from what i heard on Channel 2 news I AGREE WITH ICE... Love the signing

Lee Evans
Roscoe Parrish
Jonathan Smith
Maybe Davis too- I don't know much about him.

All of them are speedy, undersized guys just like Price. I just don't see the need for him.

And even if we do.... WHAT ABOUT THE OL AND DL? Shouldn't those positions be addressed first? It's pointless to get receivers when you can't give your QB enough time to throw to them.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM

Even Terrell Ownes would look awful the past few years with Michael Vick throwing to him.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 09:30 AM

Lost Adams- Gained Triplett. We still have only one starting caliber player, just like we had last year. Triplett and Anderson is no better than Adams and Anderson.

Fowler is an improvement over Teague but still doesn't address the fact that Gandy is mediocre and Villarial and Anderson flat out blow. Fowler isn't going to fix all the OL problems himself. Plus, if Peters or Fowler get injured we're WORSE than last year.

Royal plays TE, not OL or DL.

mysticsoto
04-11-2006, 09:30 AM

If we sign Vernon Davis, everyone forgets that though he is a phenomenol receiver w/speed, he is also a fantastic old-school fullback-styled blocker who revels in pummeling and pancacking others!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Lost Adams- Gained Triplett. We still have only one starting caliber player, just like we had last year. Triplett and Anderson is no better than Adams and Anderson.

Fowler is an improvement over Teague but still doesn't address the fact that Gandy is mediocre and Villarial and Anderson flat out blow. Fowler isn't going to fix all the OL problems himself. Plus, if Peters or Fowler get injured we're WORSE than last year.

Royal is an OL playing TE. He blocks and will catch 10-15 passes this year.

As for adding players lost, I really did not think that was part of your equation. If it is, then you should like Price as he will replace Moulds.

Villarrial is not horrible. Preston will replace Anderson. A draft pick will be starting, either at Guard or one of the tackle positions.

Who should have the Bills signed along the O-line? Bentley and Shaffer only visited one team. The only legitimate gripe I see is Neal.

Before we assume these spots have not been addressed, let's wait for the draft. If the Bills get (for example) Bunkley and Winston or Justice and Watson those spots have been addressed.

don137
04-11-2006, 09:38 AM
He comes with huge question marks but the risk is low but the reward could be high...B

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Royal is an OL playing TE. He blocks and will catch 10-15 passes this year.

As for adding players lost, I really did not think that was part of your equation. If it is, then you should like Price as he will replace Moulds.

Villarrial is not horrible. Preston will replace Anderson. A draft pick will be starting, either at Guard or one of the tackle positions.

Who should have the Bills signed along the O-line? Bentley and Shaffer only visited one team. The only legitimate gripe I see is Neal.

Before we assume these spots have not been addressed, let's wait for the draft. If the Bills get (for example) Bunkley and Winston or Justice and Watson those spots have been addressed.

who's to say that Bunkley and Winston or Justice will be available? Who's to say if they are available, we will take them? And if we do take them, who's to say they'll be good? And if they are good, who's to say they'll be ready to play THIS season? Most guys take time to develop.

The draft is a shot in the dark. It's a way to build a team long term but not a way to address IMMEDIATE needs. OL and DL are IMMEDIATE needs- we WILL NOT win consistently until they are addressed, regardless of what happens with every other position.

If we can give $10 million contracts to Reed, Denney and Price, why couldn't we offer more to someone like Neal?

bigbub2352
04-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Also if Kevin Everett ever makes it on the feild his specialty at the U was blocking not recieveing which give us 2 TE/halfback style players that can only help the Oline he had 89 pancake blocks coming out of college... OPivy37 i do agree with u though about better players on the lines will make this team a hell of alot better but they are setting themselves up to have a good draft one that can concentrate on the lines by signing these guys now and then maybe take 6-7 O-line and d-line guys and maybe even a few june 1st cuts or see what the market looks like when all is said and done plus u still havethe undrafted players u might be able to pick up so we are not done yet and that is why adding a guy like PP is only gonna help the team..

mysticsoto
04-11-2006, 09:41 AM

There's no doubt in my mind that our weakness this year will be the DLine. But I'm not sure that we can address it in the draft - even if we were to take a DT the 1st rd. That needed to be done in FA.

As for OL, besides Fowler, you still have Preston learning and hopefully working out hard and getting stronger. Gandy was decent and Villarial was injured and should be recovered - not to mention that he's playing for his old coach and may have more motivation now. Anderson will be moved to backup and we will undoubtedly get a top Guard in the draft. Preston can also play Guard.

Royal will help block and if we draft Vernon Davis, he's a formidable blocker also.

I think the Oline will be much improved this year - especially since our weakness was the middle and Teague is gone, Anderson will probably move to backup and Villarial will be healthy.

ryven
04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
His vision is a big concern because I feel it has contributed to his lack of production the couple of seasons but at the same time Vick is not a great passer and we know the Bledsoe can be sporadic. So my grade is a C.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2006, 10:09 AM
who's to say that Bunkley and Winston or Justice will be available? Who's to say if they are available, we will take them? And if we do take them, who's to say they'll be good? And if they are good, who's to say they'll be ready to play THIS season? Most guys take time to develop.

The draft is a shot in the dark. It's a way to build a team long term but not a way to address IMMEDIATE needs. OL and DL are IMMEDIATE needs- we WILL NOT win consistently until they are addressed, regardless of what happens with every other position.

If we can give $10 million contracts to Reed, Denney and Price, why couldn't we offer more to someone like Neal?
Again the $10 million is not really $10 million. The deals are not guarenteed.

And this team is going to take one or two years to re-build from the TD mess.

And once again, who should have the Bills signed?

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Again the $10 million is not really $10 million. The deals are not guarenteed.

And this team is going to take one or two years to re-build from the TD mess.

And once again, who should have the Bills signed?

Neal. Wells. Ashworth. Hell there are probably guys playing HS ball for North Tonawanda that could do better than Bennie Anderson.

IMO doing nothing is not an option. Fowler's a good start, and a blocking TE helps but is not compensation for an OL. Last year, Peters was the only guy who proved his worth on the OL. Of the other 4- one has been replaced. Not good enough. We will still get owned on the line this year.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I would have liked Wells too. But siging RFA's is difficult.

And I contend two of 4 have been replaced (Anderson by Preston and Teague by Fowler) Replace one more and the line will at least have potential.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I would have liked Wells too. But siging RFA's is difficult.

And I contend two of 4 have been replaced (Anderson by Preston and Teague by Fowler) Replace one more and the line will at least have potential.

I don't remember Preston looking so great at guard last year. I don't know why his name keeps coming up as a starter, especially since he's a center and we got Fowler.

bledslow
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
i gave it a F. the guy is D-O-N-E like burnt toast. i think it's a bad signing even if they got him for free, especially if he takes reps away from parrish.

SABURZFAN
04-11-2006, 11:54 AM
F

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Dont forget Gibson may overtake Gandy as a starter at OT should he return to college form and weight. I give the signing a C.