PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget.....

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Having all this speed at reciever is great and all, but we not only need time for the quarterback to hang in the pocket while they get downfield, we also need a quarterback to get them the ball. Who here honestly thinks JP can do this on a regular basis this season? I do, I am just wondering what everyone elses thoughts were.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 10:30 AM
It doesn't matter who the QB is until we fix the OL. Anyone under center on this team will struggle tremendously.

Billsrock4life
04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
i think if the OL is upgraded and fixed JP will do well until that happens hes going to have trouble

TacklingDummy
04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, because its always the lines fault. Let's forget that Willis averaged 22 more yards a game with the back-up QB, and the passing game averaged 208 yards a game with the back-up compared 148 YPG with Losman and the times the QB was sacked went down with the back up 17 to 26.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Just like with RJ, it's the lines fault. Blah Blah. The line is made to look worse then it is because they have a QB that doesn't know what to do with the ball.

HAMMER
04-11-2006, 10:46 AM
I believe the O-LIne will be fixed, replacing Turn Style Teague is a big first step. Losman sure has the arm to get the ball downfield and some of the balls he threw last year were amazing, I believe he will be the starter if he keeps his head straight.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I do think our line this year will be better than last year....I've got high hopes for Fowler at center then pick up a guard or maybe two in the draft and have open competition in camp for the guard spots between villarial, preston, and draft picks....notice im leaving bennie anderson out of that equation. I think Gandy will be alright for one more year, Peters is a machine, and if we can land vernon davis at 8 hes a nasty blocker also. Things may not be as bad as people think this year in B-LO.

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I do think our line this year will be better than last year....I've got high hopes for Fowler at center then pick up a guard or maybe two in the draft and have open competition in camp for the guard spots between villarial, preston, and draft picks....notice im leaving bennie anderson out of that equation. I think Gandy will be alright for one more year, Peters is a machine, and if we can land vernon davis at 8 hes a nasty blocker also. Things may not be as bad as people think this year in B-LO.

here's hopin'. Id be stoked if Gibson came in with a fire in his belly. sounds like he has the physical talent and sure has the size. Sounds like Mike Williams......at the veteran minimum salary. interesting to see how that works. I'm not overly optimistic, but its great to see some depth and competition on the OL. I think we'll have 2-3 OL draft picks in the mix as well.

bigbub2352
04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Everyone forgets about the scheme we ran last which was suited for the back up not the mobile Losman, U never seen misdirection, sweeps, counters u never seen Losman rolling out, play action it was simple dink and dunk and dives up the middle, lots not forget the array of redzone scheme they had (throw the ball to shelton and hope for the best), lets not forget our awesome TE's who was such a threat or the fact that we had underacheiveing Tre teague who got bull rushed by everybody, or bust Mike Williams maning a corner, or horrible Bennie anderson, or the oft injured Chris Villereal who is on his way out, None of the Matters RIGHT? Ok lets get to Losamn essentially a rookie QB thrown in the fire, I am not saying he played well but what first year QB does, not even overratted BIG BEN who's team was loaded when he took it over, or Tom Brady who also took over a WELL COACHED team with loads of talent over r about the only two with success as rookies. Throw in the offensive mastermind of MIKE MULARCKY and TOM CLEMENTS and u got your self a superbowl run give me a break already with the dumping on LOSMAN, HOLOCOMB is a career back up get over it he showed his best what he could (not much better than Losman ) look at the stats love to hear response....

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
It doesn't matter who the QB is until we fix the OL. Anyone under center on this team will struggle tremendously.

Relax. They signed Fowler and Royal. They cut Williams. The OL will be fine.

audio/s
04-11-2006, 03:05 PM
The OL is already 120% better without williams

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 03:16 PM
That's what cracks me up. Its been addition by subtraction.

MM and Clements are gone.

Williams and Teague are gone.

That right there improved the damn OL!

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
That's what cracks me up. Its been addition by subtraction.

MM and Clements are gone.

Williams and Teague are gone.

That right there improved the damn OL!

I agree.

Plus, Shelton and Goldsberry will be able to plow through any defenses that might even penetrate through the forcefield we have assembled.