PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Draftboy

northernbillfan
04-11-2006, 11:03 AM
1) Leon Washington is one of the hardest runners you will ever see play the game of football. He anticipates where the holes are going to be uses his amazing burst to get through them. He has soft hands out of the backfield and is a smart player. You will never see him take a big hit. He is very versatile and can return both punts and kicks for special teams.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/04/11/bills_zones_draft_sleeper_picks_position_breakdownpart_2_rbs.php)

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Draftboy,
how does Leon Washington compare to Shaud Williams?

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Draftboy,
how does Leon Washington compare to Shaud Williams?

Good question, they are nearly identical in size but here is the difference, Washington is very durable (to this point) while Shaud was continually knicked up in college. Both are slashing runners and great at cuts and finding holes in the line to slide through. However some of their key differences are this;

1, You will never see Leon Washington take a big hit (ala Warrick Dunn) he always finds a way to avoid a hard hit and thats not saying he's a wuss or something he just has that kind of talent.

2.Washington is an intelligent back who will know the playbook backwards and forwards, know the blocking schemes, where the holes should be, and the blitz pickup packages.

3. Lastly Leon has an extra gear shaud just doesnt have. He hits the open field and he turns it out to burn past the DB's. Im not saying he's an everydown back but the kid could make the 2, out of a 1-2 punch.

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Good question, they are nearly identical in size but here is the difference, Washington is very durable (to this point) while Shaud was continually knicked up in college. Both are slashing runners and great at cuts and finding holes in the line to slide through. However some of their key differences are this;

1, You will never see Leon Washington take a big hit (ala Warrick Dunn) he always finds a way to avoid a hard hit and thats not saying he's a wuss or something he just has that kind of talent.

2.Washington is an intelligent back who will know the playbook backwards and forwards, know the blocking schemes, where the holes should be, and the blitz pickup packages.

3. Lastly Leon has an extra gear shaud just doesnt have. He hits the open field and he turns it out to burn past the DB's. Im not saying he's an everydown back but the kid could make the 2, out of a 1-2 punch.

thanks man. sounds like he might be a decent pick in the 5th or 6th. I do think we need something better than Shaud behind Willis. haven't seen enough of lionel gates yet to know what he's all about.

mysticsoto
04-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Personally, I don't think we need any RBs to our roster, but I welcome Draftboy's reviews and look foward to printing them before draft day weekend to use them as I watch the picks gets chosen. Especially in the 2nd day.

Thanks for all your work, Draftboy. It is appreciated!!!

Jan Reimers
04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks, Db, for another good analysis.

Bling
04-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Saratoga, don't listen to anything this guy just said.

1. I've never seen Washington take a big hit because he's a little guy. He's naturally going to fear getting too close.

2. Yes, he is a great blocker, but wtf? He knows the playbook backwards and forwards? Nothing more than any other RB. Or are we basing this on his wonderlic scores? :rollseyes:

3. He burns past the DB's? That's news to me. His best 2 runs of his career (something I bet you couldn't tell me when and waht year) were against North Carolina and Syracuse in 04. 2 50 yard runs. Every other game he's had has been 25 and most the time less. The only FSU RB's on the team last year that would "burn" the CB was Lorenzo Booker. Leon Washington IS NOT a burner.

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Saratoga, don't listen to anything this guy just said.

1. I've never seen Washington take a big hit because he's a little guy. He's naturally going to fear getting too close.

2. Yes, he is a great blocker, but wtf? He knows the playbook backwards and forwards? Nothing more than any other RB. Or are we basing this on his wonderlic scores? :rollseyes:

3. He burns past the DB's? That's news to me. His best 2 runs of his career (something I bet you couldn't tell me when and waht year) were against North Carolina and Syracuse in 04. 2 50 yard runs. Every other game he's had has been 25 and most the time less. The only FSU RB's on the team last year that would "burn" the CB was Lorenzo Booker. Leon Washington IS NOT a burner.

Or you can take his ohh so educated opinion about the player