PDA

View Full Version : Name two draft sleepers you like.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Just in general, not for the Bills per say. Mine Are Jeremy Bloom WR Colorado and JD Runnels FB Oklahoma.

I think someone gets a huge steal when they take Runnels. Bloom is going to be the next 'Don Beebe' but with better return skills

Devin
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Kyle Killion, LB

Kyle Killion is a player you really dont have to coach much. In his 4 years at IU, hes amassed over 350 tackles! A wrecking crew at the linebacker spot, Killion is best suited as an outside linebacker where he can best make plays. Not overly fast, but quick to the ball and strong. While I think size is next to meaningless in LBs not great. A very underrated prospect in my opinion because of the team he plays on(much like Courtney Roby last year), I think that scouts will see his great production, work ethic, and attitude and pick him up in the NFL Draft, most likely day 2.

Derrick Martin, CB

Derrick and teammate Jovon Bouknight may be the best players at their respective positions (WR and CB) that nobody east of the Mississippi outside of pro scouts knows much about. Derrick is the complete package. He is a big, strong shutdown corner, who will remind some of a young Ty Law with his aggressive approach and overall skill set. He is a quick twich guy who is afraid of nothing and HITS. He has been a point guard and a quarterback in the past so he is a natural-born leader who is also a good person and a good student. In short, there is little not to like about this guy. He has officially declared early and he now carries a 2nd-4th round grade as an athlete, but the level of competition was not the greatest (though better than the casual fan might think) and he is such an unknown to most that many teams might think they have a hidden gem and pass early, hoping to steal late. As an example of what he has proven capable of against solid competition take this quote from the University of Wyoming website for example: "Ole Miss on Sept. 25, 2004. Martin broke up an unheard of seven passes, made nine tackles and came away with a spectacular, diving interception in the end zone to thwart a potentially game-tying drive by the Rebels." Make no mistake, pro scouts know who he is, and he will not be a sleeper for long in the post-season.

mysticsoto
04-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Are these sleepers we like (regardless of whether they are positions of need or not) ? I'm going to assume you mean sleepers that we might want...Given that we need and want good depth on the lines, I'd grab these two if available in the late rounds. Maybe 5th rd for Stanley and maybe 6th or 7th for Kuper...

Montavious Stanley (DT) 6'2", 313 lbs, 5.20

POS: Has a solid, sturdy frame...Strong and powerful...A good athlete with excellent speed and quickness...Stout at the point and can stuff the run...Has shown some pass rush potential and can penetrate...Versatile...Productive...Still has upside.A three-year starter who had his best season as a senior in 2005...Also played defensive end early on in his career...Certainly has the physical tools to develop and most of his weaknesses are correctable if he can be properly motivated.

NEG: Does not have the ideal height you'd like to see...Is not said to be a real hard worker...Has an inconsistent motor...Needs to increase his stamina...Raw and needs technique work...Doesn't have much starting experience...Underachiever.

Chris Kuper (OG): 6'4", 301 lbs, 5.10
(A year on the PS might do him well)

POS: Has good size and the frame to get bigger...Solid athlete with good mobility...Has excellent feet...Will get to the second level...Explosive off the snap and powerful at the point of attack...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Has a lot of experience. Was a highly decorated Division II player...A native of Anchorage, Alaska...A three-year starter...Might also be able to long-snap...Sleeper prospect who has all the physical tools you look for and could be brought in as a developmental guy.

Neg: Did not play against top competition...Needs to get stronger...Raw in terms of his technique and will need to be coached up...Is often too aggressive...A project who isn't ready to play right now...Conditioning and stamina are questionable.

bigbub2352
04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
i like kevin boothe from cornell G/Tackle
Michael Robinson i know he is not exactly a sleeper but i like him alot would love to see the bills take him in the 5th if he is there seeyah sam aiken or janathan smith, or josh reed wishful thinking

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Tavaris Jackson QB Alabama State University
Danieal Manning CB/S Abilene Christian

Tatonka
04-11-2006, 02:24 PM
does a sleeper qualify as someone who is not projected as a first day pick? or a guy that is not projected as a first round talent that you think could play like one?

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Just in general, not for the Bills per say. Mine Are Jeremy Bloom WR Colorado and JD Runnels FB Oklahoma.

Yeah. Bills def need a WR. They are seriously lacking there.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah. Bills def need a WR. They are seriously lacking there.

What part of JUST IN GENERAL did you miss? I am not talking about the Bills I am talking sleepers in general.

Mr. Pink
04-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Drouzon Quillen WR
Marcus Vick QB

Mr. Pink
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Oh....Ahmad Brooks LB supplemental draft, if he counts towards this. And if he decides to enter it and not go to a different college.

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 03:22 PM
What part of JUST IN GENERAL did you miss? I am not talking about the Bills I am talking sleepers in general.

Oh... whoopsadaisy... forgot to put on my glasses!

You are indeed right again ICE! :up:!!!!!

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Drouzon Quillen WR
Marcus Vick QB

He's gonna be part of tommorow's article about Sleeper WR's. Hoep you'll check it out.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 03:41 PM
He's gonna be part of tommorow's article about Sleeper WR's. Hoep you'll check it out.

Just make sure my boy from TU is on your sleeper list for TE's. The kid played balls out this year.

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Just make sure my boy from TU is on your sleeper list for TE's. The kid played balls out this year.

David Thomas? or Garret Mills?

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Mills

Kerr
04-11-2006, 04:32 PM
WR Marques Colston

DT Babatunde Oshinowo

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Mills

Not gonna be in it, aside from the fact that he's the top ranked FB in the draft.

camelcowboy
04-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Rodney Wright- D-Tackle Texas, Not a sleeper in the traditional sense will go on the first day, but if plays to his complete potential he'll be worth far more then where he's picked.

patmoran2006
04-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Vernon Davis.. and Veron Davis.

Tatonka
04-11-2006, 05:36 PM
jim davis..

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Not gonna be in it, aside from the fact that he's the top ranked FB in the draft.
Huh? Mills is a TE, Runnels is the best rated FB

DraftBoy
04-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Huh? Mills is a TE, Runnels is the best rated FB

Nope Mills is moving to FB for the NFL. He'll be an H-back type.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Alan Zemaitis DB Penn State
Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP

LifetimeBillsFan
04-12-2006, 04:43 AM
If you're talking first day guys, I really like OTs Daryn Colledge, Boise St. and Jeremy Trueblood, Boston College, and the already named Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP, who may or may not qualify as sleepers.

My top two overall sleepers, Danieal Manning, CB/S Abilene Christian and Keith Boothe, OG/OT Cornell have already been named. As has Alan Zemaitis, CB, Penn St.

So, that leaves me with some later round guys whose physical numbers aren't that impressive, but that are players who I think could surprise:
1.) Matt Bernstein, FB, Wisconsin--if healthy, he is a LOAD, but will need time to develop the full package

2.) Tim McGarigle, MLB, Northwestern--too small, too slow, not great in coverage, but made a ton of tackles

3.) Charlie Peprah, S, Alabama--another guy who is too small, too slow, but who just seemed to make a ton of plays

Worth a late round flyer or signing as a UFA:

4.) Brett Elliott, QB, Linfield--doesn't have ideal size and coming out of D-3 he will need time to develop, but anyone who puts up that many yards and TDs has to be worth a late round look

5.) Antoine Bethea, S, Howard--Fast (4.39) and physical and productive on the D 1-AA level , but still very raw and impetuous, so he will need time to develop on the pro level

elltrain22
04-12-2006, 05:11 AM
Maurice Drew-RB, UCLA

Mercedes Lewis-TE, UCLA

Garrett Mills- TE/FB, Tulsa

Bruce Gradkowski- QB, Toledo