PDA

View Full Version : Recent contracts signed

Dont drink the water
04-11-2006, 02:00 PM
I do not know how to provide it as a table but here are the signees presented as graphic (attached) and HTML (extension changed to txt so can be attached).
All figures from NFLPA.org

What is the big deal of it? Many of the contracts (marked in red) are only paid with raises IF they do well 2nd year and then we have bargain players. It appears that Marv and company has gotten their agents to get their players to sign lower in hope of longer term contracts. Maybe no stars but perhaps solid players in a couple years. I'd rather spread money around rather than spend it on one superstar who gets hurt off the field or decides to retire after getting caught smoking/dealing/etc and NFLPA telling Bills they can not get signing bonus back!

Bills are building on Patriots model signing players and if they do paying them well but not too well. Some will call Ralph cheap but I think this is thrifty allowing us to keep Clements tagged, money is future to replace Willis, etc.

:feedback:

Tatonka
04-11-2006, 02:27 PM
awesome post. great work on the spreadsheet too to show that the sky is not falling just cause a guy signs a 4 year 10 million dollar deal.. that it is actually fairly cheap in todays market.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Bills | Contract update: P. Price
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:44:09 -0700

Buffalo Bills WR Peerless Price signed a four-year contract with base salaries of $800,000 (2006), $1.6 million (2007), $2 million (2008) and $2.8 million (2009).

Add that to the list<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_659203-->

Dont drink the water
04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Added Peerless to graphic. I'll do HTMl when we have more players.

Thanks for rep T. :up:

clumping platelets
04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
It's more than salaries

Dont drink the water
04-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Never said it wasn't. There was a discussion about how much certain people were getting in salary and I put a spreadsheet to compare. Not everyone has all of your skills or contacts,

Night Train
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
I agree, still...

Clements isn't showing up to sign his franchise sheet. I realize we can afford the figure but if we aren't intent on signing him long term, why keep him and allow his misery to poison the locker room ?

This Draft is Uber deep in DB talent. Figure out a plan over the next 2 weeks. Sign him or Trade him on Draft day.

Gunzlingr
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
good post, DDTW!

ryjam282
04-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Great post....Based on those values, I can tell ya there will be a few of these guys gone after this year.

Denney, 600,000 this year and 1.9 mil next year...No way they keep him if he can't get the starting position this year.
Royal, if we draft Vernon Davis then the writing is on the wall to let Royal go before he gets that 1.3 mil next year or we will be getting rid of other TE's to keep him. If he is as good a blocker as they say he is I am all for keeping him.
Reed This, IMO, is Reed's final chance to show the Bills he can do it. If he doesn't do that well he will be gone before making that 1.65 mil next year or definitely before 2008 comes.