Prices contract numbers aren't bad at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Prices contract numbers aren't bad at all.

Bills | Contract update: P. Price
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:44:09 -0700

Buffalo Bills WR Peerless Price signed a four-year contract with base salaries of $800,000 (2006), $1.6 million (2007), $2 million (2008) and $2.8 million (2009).
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Prices contract numbers aren't bad at all.

makes his signing/roster bonuses total $2.8M
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

That makes me feel so much better. this is a pretty good signing by Marv, especially if he is anything like what he used to be the last time he was here.

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

I read that it is heavily incentive laiden.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
          makes his signing/roster bonuses total $2.8M
          If his SB was 2 mill that means 500K this year plus the 800K = 1.3 mill. that is NOTHING. Both this year and next aren't spit.

I tell ya Overdorf is a friggin genius!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsNick
            i heard the same thing. There is a $1.6 million bonus if he becomes the #1 WR and a bunch of other incentives.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsNick
              From those numbers there are about 2.8 mill in makeable incentives.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

Marv better be prepared to pony up that 2.8 because Peerless is going to catch upwards of 90 passes this year. I can feel it.

Does anybody know if he has an incentive in his contract for leading the team in pancake blocks?

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

Not bad at all. Looks reasonable to me.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                    Marv better be prepared to pony up that 2.8 because Peerless is going to catch upwards of 90 passes this year. I can feel it.

Does anybody know if he has an incentive in his contract for leading the team in pancake blocks?
                    I hope you are right.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

The contract number is good, but it depends on the incentives 1.6 for just becoming the #1 on this team is not a big tast and thats a big bonus, im sure he has a roster bonus, a 16 ame bonus, 40 or 50 catch bonus. But then again if he hits those plateus he's worth the money imo.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Nublar7
                        • Oct 2004

From PFT:
                        PRICE IS WRONG FOR BUFFALO

The immediate reaction around the league to the decision of the Bills to give a four-year contract worth more than $10 million to receiver Peerless Price is negative.

How negative? Well, maybe "negative" isn't the right word. We say that because it seems that the move is providing plenty of entertainment.
                        "People are laughing their ***** off," said one league source.

Sure, Price had his best seasons with the Bills. But the only real similarities between the team that Price last played for in Buffalo and the organization that plays there now are the colors of the helmets, shirts, and pants.
                        Everything else is different.

Different coaching staff. Different quarterback. Different running back. Different receivers.

The biggest difference is that Price no longer will be operating across from Eric Moulds, a guy who constantly drew double coverage during Price's prior time with the team. And this means that Price more likely will be the guy that he was in Atlanta and Dallas.

Which means that he's not worth a contract averaging in excess of $2.5 million a year.

The move seems ever more curious in light of owner Ralph Wilson's ongoing gloom-and-doom routine regarding the financial viability of the franchise. On one hand, Wilson is concerned that the team might not be profitable. On the other hand, his front office gives an eight-figure contract to a guy no one else wanted.

So maybe the current monetary woes facing the Bills have a little less to do with the size of the market in which the team plays, and more to do with the quality of the folks who are calling the shots there.
                        BILLS GIVE PRICE $1.8 MILLION TO SIGN

As further proof that the people running the Buffalo Bills are clueless as to what they are doing, a league source tells us that the contract recently signed by receiver Peerless Price pays out a $1.8 million signing bonus.

The deal also includes a base salary of $800,000 in 2006, pushing his first-year compensation to $2.6 million.

In 2007, Price is due to receive a $500,000 roster bonus and a salary of $1.6 million. In 2008, Price is scheduled to receive a $500,000 roster bonus and a salary of $2 million. In 2009, Price gets a $500,000 roster bonus and a salary of $2.6 million.

Even if the Bills cut the cord after one season, Price still gets $2.6 million in cash. Not bad for a guy that no one -- and we mean no one -- wanted.
                        But very bad for a team that suddenly seems to have the wheels coming off.
                        Good move Marv.

Comment

• dplus47
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman

LOL!

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

Criticism of the Price signing seem to be based on the notion that Price would be replacing Moulds as the Bills' # 1 WR---which he was not able to handle in Atlanta. But, Price is not going to be the # 1 WR with the Bills---Lee Evans is going to be the Bills' # 1 WR.

If the Bills have a QB who can get him the ball, Evans will make teams that don't double him pay. But, if they double him, then Price will get single covered and be in the same position that he was in when he was the # 2 guy with Moulds.

Price's contract has a clause that will pay him more IF he becomes the Bills' # 1 WR, but that does not mean that he is going to be the Bills # 1 WR or that they are going to be expecting him to be their # 1 WR this season. If you read the comments of S.Fairchild after the recent mini-camp, it is quite apparent that Price was brought in to compete for the # 2 job--a job that he was able to do quite well before he left Buffalo to go to Atlanta. And, at this point, there's no guarantee that he will even win that job right now.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

My biggest concern is that the guy had a chance to be the #2 with the same QB with whom he had the most success in Dallas and it never materialized. I understand the Atlanta situation, but Dallas? That is a red flag if I ever saw one. I'm OK with taking a gamble on him, but this is a LOT of money to be giving a guy who hasn't performed in three years. The only real justification is that we weren't spending our money elsewhere, so we might as well gamble on someone like Price.

Comment

Working...
                              X