• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Skins writer takes a shot at Ralph

Stay up to date with all the Washington Commanders football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

OUCH!
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Skins writer takes a shot at Ralph

That guys a douchebag. Although he does bring up some decent points... But hes making fun of an old man. He has no balls.
    Last edited by Slim; 04-11-2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Voltron
      • Jul 2002

easy for him to say when washington has one of the highest ticket prices in the league.
      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

what a crock of ****.

First, the CBA means that if teams like the Skins and Cowboys increase their revenue, teams like Buffalo that can't increase their revenue will have still have to pay higher player salaries, so we're ****ed.

Second, the Skins have the highest ticket and parking prices in the NFL, keep people from walking from the metro and nearby shopping plazas to the stadium so they have to pay for parking, and they tried to charge for training camp. Snyder's greed is well documented.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm in class right now and I can't put my full concentration into it, but as soon as I get out of here I'm going to send this guy an email and post it here. I'm gonna tear this guy a new one.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

That might just be the dumbest article I have read in a long time. I don't think that guy has a clue.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Ok, before people get angry, this guy has the intelligence of a 3rd grader. For instance, "04.11.06--Unahppy that the subsidy check that NFL owners will be writing out to him doesn't have enough zeroes in it, Ralph Wilson is quesitoning Daniel Snyder's "values". He has no credibility - he can't even spell...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                Ok, before people get angry, this guy has the intelligence of a 3rd grader. For instance, "04.11.06--Unahppy that the subsidy check that NFL owners will be writing out to him doesn't have enough zeroes in it, Ralph Wilson is quesitoning Daniel Snyder's "values". He has no credibility - he can't even spell...

The real question is doesn't that qualify him to be a Billszone writer?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

here is what I wrote

Mr. Tandler,

I am a Bills fan from the Buffalo area who now lives in the DC area, and I am writing to inform you that your article from 4/11 entitled "Bills Wilson Enlists Allies vs. Snyder" is completely off base.

First, you accuse Ralph Wilson of being greedy. But you fail to acknowledge that Snyder's Skins have both largest seating capacity AND highest ticket prices in the NFL, that Snyder does not allow people to walk up to the stadium so people have to pay the parking fee (also, I believe, the most expensive in the NFL), and that Snyder tried to charge fans to watch training camp (which is free in every other NFL city). Snyder's greed is well-documented.

But let's move away from the name-calling and accusations. The fact is that when it comes to television ratings, selling out games and merch sales, Buffalo can compete with the best of them. Do you think most NFL teams could sell 70,000 tickets in a snowstorm at the tail end of a 5-11 season? The Bills did, and they did it in an economically depressed city a fraction of the size of DC.

Keeping a salary cap is generally good for small market teams- that is correct. The problem is that the new CBA sets the salary cap at a percentage of the NFL's revenue. So when Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones get naming rights and luxury box revenue, it INCREASES what smaller team owners like Ralph Wilson have to pay to players WITHOUT increasing their revenue. This means the surplus between revenues and player salaries gets smaller for Wilson while Jones, Snyder and Kraft get richer and richer. (Buffalo could do the same, but given the state of the area, there is no way Buffalo's revenue could ever approach larger cities in these areas. The money just isn't there).

And you also missed the point on the "conventional wisdom" thing. The reason Americans like football is because it's more competitive than the other major sports. And the reason for that is the NFL's least favorite term: "salary cap parity". Every team has a chance and no team can stay on top for too long. That gives every fan hope that fans of other sports do not always have for their teams. The salary cap has gone a HUGE way towards the success of the NFL.

In addition, you overvalued the Bills. According to Forbes Magazine in 2005, they were worth $708 million, not $800 million (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/301765.html). Ralph Wilson is 88. He would have to pay a huge capital gains tax on a sale, then his family would have to pay the estate tax on it when he dies. So selling isn't as simple an option as you make it sound.

Please, do a little research before you write a scathing article. The large market owners like Snyder ARE hurting the small-market owners like Wilson, and in the long run this is bad for the league and the game as a whole.

Sincerely,

OpIv37 (of course I sent him my real name)
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

good job Op... you hit the nail on the head

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

thanks
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

very nice write up OP!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Good work! Stick it to those Deadskin losers!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Nicely done Op.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Nice email Op, but I was looking forward to you tearing this guy a new one.

Mr. Tandler,

$#^%$# you mother #@!%$#@ #$@#@%. You better watch your %$#@^%$# ass when you walk down the ^%$#@ street because I'm a $#@%$#@ Bills fan living in DC and you're a %$#@%^$# dead man. Call your %$#@$# family to say ^%$&^% goodbye right now you %$#@$#@^%$&^%$&^$ scumbag horse#@%$#^%$ of a %$#@!%#%@ writer.

#@%$# you,

Mr. Miyagi

Comment

Working...
                              X