Can anyone tell me how the rookies are doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Can anyone tell me how the rookies are doing?

I've heard a fair amount about some of our high draft picks from this year, but I was wondering if anyone that's been out to the practices has any comments about our other rookies?
    So far, what I know is:
    Mike Williams - looking pretty solid. Should be a decent starter this year and very good in the future.
    Josh Reed - looking incredible. Should really help the passing game.
    Ryan Denney - I've heard he's been struggling some. Considering his age, I don't think this bodes well for the future. As a 25 year-old second round draft pick, I'd think that he should be able to contribute rather quickly.
    Coy Wire - Been playing pretty well. Should do quite well on special teams this year, but may not be able to make the starting lineup due to some mental mistakes that can easily be written off as learning a new position. Might eventually be a dominant SS.
    Justin Bannan - Haven't heard much at all. Judging by how our run defense performed against Cincy though, I can't see how he can be doing all that great.
    Marvin Thomas - ??
    Mike Pucillo - ??
    Rodney Wright - I've heard he's gotten a lot of reps in practice (out of the people being considered for the 5th receiver spot) and that he may end up making the team.
    Jarret Ferguson - ??
    Antone Stevenson - ???

Any further comments about any of these guys would be greatly appreciated.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I only wish I could tell you what was going on...it's a little hard to get to camp every day since I'm 2 hours away though.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Where's Mike???

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

sleeping

Comment

• CalBillsFan
          • Jul 2002

London Fletcher named Bannan as one of the defensive players that played well against cincy.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Vic Carucci and the other guy on the postgame show were saying that Wire needs to still improve his coverage skills. But he can sure hit.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Sabre Ally
              • Jul 2002

I thought Wright looked pretty good in the game against Cincy.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think Kevin (Marvin) Thomas is being given a pretty good shot to make the team. Some so called experts at WGR say Coy Wire has a lot to learn about coverage angles and technical stuff like that. You've got to like the way he flies around making hits though. He's supposed to be one of the smarter guys in the '02 draft and he should get the technical stuff down OK. He is making a major adjustment though. I'll second what Henry Rules said about Williams, Reed, and Denny. I think Bannan is going to be counted on to contribute this season. Wright has been pretty good in camp, but I personally think he's gonna be a victim of numbers at the WR spot. Pucillo is at best practice squad material at this point, likewise Ferguson and Stevenson.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                X