PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch Ricky Proehl's comments just now on NFLN

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Rumors are starting up about Favre wanting a trade. Schefter said one team called and asked and was told NO! But we all know that doesn't mean anything.

Rod woodson said Baltimore. Proehl said BUFFALO. He says we are a team that is on the rise but for years QB has been the issue.

I just thought it was neat he mentioned us

TacklingDummy
04-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I'd take 3 years of Favre over what we have now. It be a huge upgrade.

JP for Farve, getter done Marv.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I'd take 3 years of Favre over what we have now. It be a huge upgrade.

JP for Farve, getter done Marv.

Playing Madden here...Could you immagine farve not having to think as much as he does in the WCO and just being able to read a D and sling the ball to our fast WR's and hand off to Willis.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
It would be awesome. But doubtful.

We could probably get more out of Favre the next 3 years then we would out of our current QB mess.

Mr B
04-11-2006, 07:08 PM
It would be awesome. But doubtful.

We could probably get more out of Favre the next 3 years then we would out of our current QB mess.

agreed

Mr. Pink
04-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Think about this....GB is in a mess, We are in a mess. Favre wants to play for a team serious about contending. Not 3 years from now but this year. Why in the world would he have ANY interest in coming here?

dplus47
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Think about this....GB is in a mess, We are in a mess. Favre wants to play for a team serious about contending. Not 3 years from now but this year. Why in the world would he have ANY interest in coming here?

it would make more sense to think that proehl would want to come to buffalo to be the possession receiver.

Marvelous
04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
If i had a choice of old great ones i'd take Mcnair. Mcnair imo can still produce at a high level.. My best friend is a bears die hard and celebrates every year at how bad favre has become. Favre would most likely struggle here and set us back like Drew did.. No thanks.

patmoran2006
04-11-2006, 09:25 PM
it would make more sense to think that proehl would want to come to buffalo to be the possession receiver.

Cool. I'm all for signing more WR's.

Kerr
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
**** farve.

dplus47
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Cool. I'm all for signing more WR's.

yeah, after i wrote that i realized it would be like a hundred or something. but proehl is solid...

Barrett
04-11-2006, 09:50 PM
I can't believe anyone is saying anything bad about Brett Favre. He's Brett Favre-enough said. His coming to Buffalo, while it would never happen, would be the best thing since flutie flakes. He would bring us serious revenue, and basically put us on the map. I can't think of anything cooler than us trading for Favre, and drafting Vernon Davis #1. That would be incredible. To all of you nay-sayers...HE'S BRETT FAVRE!

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM

:rofl:

I'm sure Marv could work out a 4 year, 10.5$ Million deal.

The Natrix
04-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I just saw that as well. It's pure speculation. They said so themselves. Should it really be surprising, though? Holcomb is a good backup, Nall is an unknown, and JP has looked pretty bad. I have hope for either JP or Nall as a long term starter, but come on. If you were not a Bills fan, you would be laughing at that threesome.

IMO, I'd rather stay away from Favre. Although I think he would be an immediate upgrade, by the time this team hopefully develops after a season or 2, Favre will be all but done, since he has digressed a good amount already.

That being said, I wouldn't be pissed if it happened, and I would probably get season tixs and a Favre jersey. I wouldn't really be surprised, either. Nothing that a GM and owner does, who are both over 80, should surprise us.

Iehoshua
04-11-2006, 10:50 PM
It would somehow be hillarious if the Bills aquired Favre, from a personal standpoint, being that my fiancee and future in-laws are all diehard Packer fans. I'd have to buy a Bills Favre jersey just to rub it in!
:rofl:

BillsFever21
04-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I wonder if we could get Farve to sign a 4yr 10 million dollar contract like everyone else?

Marv must be too old to write up contracts and decided to just make 1 contract and give the same thing to every bum on the streets that can't find a job anywhere else and wants to make millions out of nothing.

Mr. Cynical
04-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Exactly. He will NOT come here. He will either stay in GB (most likely), go to a team that has a chance to win the SB NOW, or retire.

(for the record I would soil myself if Favre came here as I think he is still an elite QB)

NC-BILLS44
04-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I think it would be hilarious if Favre came to Buffalo after the Bills signed Craig Nall from Green Bay.

Gunzlingr
04-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I wonder if we could get Farve to sign a 4yr 10 million dollar contract like everyone else?

Marv must be too old to write up contracts and decided to just make 1 contract and give the same thing to every bum on the streets that can't find a job anywhere else and wants to make millions out of nothing.

This is the umpteenth time you have posted this "4 year 10 million' comment. Did you not see the year by year breakdown that was posted the otherday? Most of the contracts pay between 600,000 and 800,000 this year and are seriously backloaded. Peanuts. We can cut any of them with basically no consequence. Christ, you need to chill out.

ryjam282
04-12-2006, 09:51 AM
We all know this is one of the biggest pipe dreams ever. Brett would never leave GB. But, I gotta tell ya if he did I would be the first in line to buy my #4 jersey. He is one of the best QB's of all time and I really enjoy watching him play. The guy is awesome and makes the sort of throws that most guys wouldn't even attempt and he completes them.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Let's just bask in the glow of the extremely remote possibility, ok?

It will get our minds off of the current log jam of turds we currently have at QB.

Mitchy moo
04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Exactly. He will NOT come here. He will either stay in GB (most likely), go to a team that has a chance to win the SB NOW, or retire.

(for the record I would soil myself if Favre came here as I think he is still an elite QB)

Is there a team without a good QB that is a contender?

Also the irony of JP's idols to come and take his job would be more than interesting.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 01:29 PM
**** farve.

hey bam, I'll misspell it again just for you, grammar geek.