PDA

View Full Version : Rest of the l eague laughing at the bills!!

MOULDSROCKS
04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
In the headline piece they write about what a bumbling franchise the bills have become!
i wrote that after they signed price agian where you all thought it was a great pick up i mentioned the league is laughing...and now they seem to agree!
be realistic people, if it were another team signing Price you would all criticize it, but of course its our bills and you think its a good idea??

LINK: http://www.profootballtalk.com/

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
What a coincidence. I laugh at just about everything published by that site.

Slim
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
In the headline piece they write about what a bumbling franchise the bills have become!
i wrote that after they signed price agian where you all thought it was a great pick up i mentioned the league is laughing...and now they seem to agree!
be realistic people, if it were another team signing Price you would all criticize it, but of course its our bills and you think its a good idea??

LINK: http://www.profootballtalk.com/

That website has us taking Jonathon Joseph over Huff/Jimmy Williams......

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 08:18 PM
still he has a point. If ANY other team had signed Price, we'd see a bunch of posts like:

:lolpoint: team. Price sucks. I can't believe someone else signed him- some teams never learn

but since it's the Bills, everyone has blinders on and thinks it's a great signing.

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't get it. I haven't really seen one person say this is a "great" signing. There are the usual eccentric couple, but from what I've seen, it's been pretty much "Well OK, competition. So-so signing. If he can produce, then great. If not, oh well he'll be cut."

I dunno I think you guys are shooting off to make yourselves feel better. In some strange way. That's just how I am observing things.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't get it. I haven't really seen one person say this is a "great" signing. There are the usual eccentric handful, but from what I've seen, it's been pretty much "Well OK, competition."

I dunno I think you guys are shooting off to make yourselves feel better. In some strange way.

but if Price had gone to another team, it would be a big joke here. That's the hypocrisy.

The_Philster
04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't get it. I haven't really seen one person say this is a "great" signing. There are the usual eccentric couple, but from what I've seen, it's been pretty much "Well OK, competition. So-so signing. If he can produce, then great. If not, oh well he'll be cut."

I dunno I think you guys are shooting off to make yourselves feel better. In some strange way. That's just how I am observing things.
agreed...people are putting words in people's mouths a lot lately
Hey Op...got a link to people saying that? just curious

Turf
04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't mind the Price siging, I just can't understand the amount of money they threw at him. Reminds me of Butler signing Sam Rogers to a $6.5 million contract and me going huh?

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:23 PM
agreed...people are putting words in people's mouths a lot lately
Hey Op...got a link to people saying that? just curious

I've been asking for one. From a few posters now.

Nothing.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 08:23 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=86769&highlight=Peerless+Price+Dallas

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 08:24 PM
a few complements in the thread i posted but mostly knocks.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2006, 08:25 PM
but if Price had gone to another team, it would be a big joke here. That's the hypocrisy.

Sorta like if Losman played for another team.

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:28 PM
So where are all these comparisons again, Op? From your thread:

Price leaving was and will remain the most critical turning point in the past five years of Bills history.
like I said, the normal few eccentric individuals. does anyone even take this post seriously?

id bring him back for cheap
nope

bills should bring price back in if they get rid of moulds
nope

id take him back, hes better than reed, or aiken

plus he adds experience to our corp if eric leaves.

he doesnt even remotely replace eric only adds experience.

im not sure i see parrish as a 1 or even 2 wr, maybe hes a permanent slot wr.

id bring him back at the vet minimum for 1 year
nope

I liked to see him return :bighug: if Moulds leaves he would be that experience that could be valuable! Plus Im hearing Adams and MM:rage: are really not seeing I2I and he may not return! It could also help JP to get a vet reciever to throw to if Moulds leaves!
nope

Welcome back to Buffalo, Eric... errr Peerless!
Welcome back, Peerless. I hope you prove some of these fellas wrong!

MOULDSROCKS
04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
if i am not mistaken, even if they cut price its a 3 million dollar hit? does anyone know it thats the case?

Ultra Chimp 1
04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Bam, I don't understand why you quoted me. (Explain please)

And by the way MOULDSROCKS, I never thought it would be a bad idea for any team to sign Price.

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Bam I don't understand why you quoted me. I am under the impression that your post in that thread was sarcasm... At least I would hope...

Ultra Chimp 1
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
No. It was not.

I meant every word I said.

And by the way now that you know I wasnt being sarcastic, you should realize how accurate that statement turned out to be.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
if i am not mistaken, even if they cut price its a 3 million dollar hit? does anyone know it thats the case?

Probably around that amount.

Here will be here this season ($800,000 base).

He could easily go next season.

The_Philster
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I've been asking for one. From a few posters now.

Nothing.
and still nothing after Op completely ignored what I asked for

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 08:38 PM
So where are all these comparisons again, Op? From your thread:

like I said, the normal few eccentric individuals. does anyone even take this post seriously?

nope

nope

nope

nope

Welcome back, Peerless. I hope you prove some of these fellas wrong!

you pulled out one negative from a guy who can be easily discredited. Total manipulation.

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:39 PM
No. It was not.

I meant every word I said.

And by the way now that you know I wasnt being sarcastic, you should realize how accurate that statement turned out to be.

Really...

Well I suppose we can all believe what we wish. I don't disagree it had "something" to do with it, but to be "THE" turning point? No way.

Ultra Chimp 1
04-11-2006, 08:40 PM
you pulled out one negative from a guy who can be easily discredited. Total manipulation.

And who would that be?<!-- / message -->

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
But we're looking for comparisons to "greatness" here Op. Stick with the program! There are indeed many negatives in that thread. I merely pulled the positives about Peerless. None were even remotely close to hailing Peerless as the next Marvin. Keep looking though.

OpIv37
04-11-2006, 08:45 PM
But we're looking for comparisons to "greatness" here Op. Stick with the program! There are indeed many negatives in that thread. I merely pulled the positives about Peerless. None were even remotely close to hailing Peerless as the next Marvin. Keep looking though.

:rolleyes:

The positives were not from that OLD thread- they were from yesterday when we signed him. You didn't notice the plethora of "I like the Price signing" posts yesterday? I sure did.

The_Philster
04-11-2006, 08:50 PM

The positives were not from that OLD thread- they were from yesterday when we signed him. You didn't notice the plethora of "I like the Price signing" posts yesterday? I sure did.
I didn't notice the posts where anyone with any objectivity could say "everyone has blinders on and thinks it's a great signing."<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:53 PM

Of course I did.

Thanks for proving my point. "I like Price" is what I read, not any "Price is going to propel us to 16-0, Price=Marvin, Price is great" threads as you previously indicated.

Nobody is saying he's "the man", which is why I don't get some of these lame arguments/whinings/bashings of the man.

BAM
04-11-2006, 08:57 PM
BTW, I am by no means inferring that you have no right to bash him, that's what the message board is for, just don't put words into peoples' mouths.

dplus47
04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
as a fan of another team, i will only laugh at the bills if they get into a bidding war with the cardinals for az hakim. not until then...

BillsFever21
04-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Don't waste your time, OP

What he's getting at is all the people here that's happy and saying what a great signing Price is.

Over the last few years though most people talked about how terrible he was. They laughed at him and wondered why anybody would want him.

Now that he's in Buffalo it's a "great signing"

BillsFever21
04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
There is definitely some truth to the bumbling franchise.

The Price signing is a joke. He wasn't sniffing offers from anybody else but then the Bills give him 2.6 million dollars the first year in guranteed money.

He also has 500k roster bonuses each year along with a decent salary.

Not a bad deal at all when you can score 2.6 million for a season when nobody else wanted you and 4.7 million over two seasons.

For a franchise crying the blues about money they sure don't have any problem with dishing out money like that on a guy nobody wanted when you already have a roster full of WR's just like him.

Price must be jumping for joy. He starts to fade away in the league. Nobody goes after him this offseason in a year when the draft class for WR's are very weak. If he had any type of value there are plenty of teams in search for a WR and they still didn't want him. Then he is lucky enough to score 2.6 million in guranteed money from Buffalo. What a great way to spend that money we saved on Moulds. Not a bad payday at all for Peerless.

BSXIII
04-12-2006, 12:14 AM
There is definitely some truth to the bumbling franchise.

The Price signing is a joke. He wasn't sniffing offers from anybody else but then the Bills give him 2.6 million dollars the first year in guranteed money.

He also has 500k roster bonuses each year along with a decent salary.

Not a bad deal at all when you can score 2.6 million for a season when nobody else wanted you and 4.7 million over two seasons.

Agreed. I was all for bringing him back cheap, but how do the Bills feel his market value was anywhere near this?

The Dallas Cowboys won the Peerless Price sweepstakes Saturday, reaching agreement on a one-year contract worth $2 million.

The Cowboys beat out the Patriots, Dolphins and Saints in a competitive couple days of recruiting and negotiating with Price, who was released by the Atlanta Falcons in the cutdown to 65 earlier in the week.

On Friday, the numbers were at the $1.5 million level. The Cowboys finished the negotiations Saturday afternoon by offering the wide receiver $2 million for the season, including $500,000 in a signing bonus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2151065&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Basically the above article showed that before failing in Dallas, nobody was willing to give him more than $2 million a season. Dallas saved nothing by releasing him mid season, and any other contender could have picked him up for their playoff push after that. Which, would have given him a chance to increase his market value, so I doubt he would have turned it down. Nobody had any interest in the guy.

How does this team figure he is worth $2.6 Million guarenteed? Who were they bidding against? What did he do in Dallas to increase his market value by $600,000.

These are all questions the rest of the league is asking while laughing at this organization.

ParanoidAndroid
04-12-2006, 12:59 AM
For cripes sake! Just let them like the signing. What difference does it make if someone chooses to be hopeful during the off-season? What's the point of running them down?

G. Host
04-12-2006, 01:27 AM
What a coincidence. I laugh at just about everything published by that site.
What a coincidence. I laugh at just anybody pathetic enough to post a link to that site.

ddaryl
04-12-2006, 01:53 AM
still he has a point. If ANY other team had signed Price, we'd see a bunch of posts like:

but since it's the Bills, everyone has blinders on and thinks it's a great signing.

that is not true ! If any team over paid for price (aka Falcons) then most of us would laugh at that team. But 4 years 10 million that would be easily dumped in 2007 or 2008 if it doesn;t work.

Peerless pickup is a good FA option and better then any of our current WR's outside of Evans. PP isn't sending us over th etop, but he's a decnet weapon that might work well teamed with Evans IMO

ddaryl
04-12-2006, 01:55 AM
How does this team figure he is worth $2.6 Million guarenteed? Who were they bidding against? What did he do in Dallas to increase his market value by $600,000.

These are all questions the rest of the league is asking while laughing at this organization.

New CBA prices are up across the board. 2.5 year for PP is not a bad price to pay for a 50 catch a season WR

G. Host
04-12-2006, 02:05 AM
New CBA prices are up across the board. 2.5 year for PP is not a bad price to pay for a 50 catch a season WR

IF he can get 50 catches without Moulds next to him.

ddaryl
04-12-2006, 02:37 AM
IF he can get 50 catches without Moulds next to him.

If he doesn't then I am willing to bet its more of a OL QB problem.

50 catches for a guy who has multiple 50 catch seasons isn't far fetched.

Again we can easily cut bait with PP next year with a small cap hit.

He caught 65 and 45 balls for the Falcons without Moulds, so I don't see why he couldn't do the same when paired with Evans

The_Philster
04-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Don't waste your time, OP

What he's getting at is all the people here that's happy and saying what a great signing Price is.

Over the last few years though most people talked about how terrible he was. They laughed at him and wondered why anybody would want him.

Now that he's in Buffalo it's a "great signing"
:link: :liar:

jmb1099
04-12-2006, 04:53 AM
The Price singing is interesting to say the least and it is hard to argue with the lack of sucess that he has had with other teams just as it is hard to argue with the success he had here. Will he work out? Who knows, but my question to all you guys who keep posting one negative comment after another is what do you want the rest of us to do? I am already scared that I won't have a buffalo bills team to root for, I am already aprehensive about this season, what else would you like us to do? I've thought about ending it all, selling my home, divorcing my wife, eating my cats, knocking over a random gas station and such, but seriously what are you guys trying to accomplish with all of these "there is nothing good about the Bills" posts and threads? Come opening day I am cheering for the Bills, I can't help it its in my blood. This doesn't mean I have blinders on or that I'm a homer or whatever, I see the potential pitfalls and I understand that I can do nothing about it. So I'll cheer, get pissed, whatever, its football. Nothing personal guys, maybe you're happy being miserable, I choose not to be.

BAM
04-12-2006, 09:05 AM
:link: :liar:

Still nothing huh.

The_Philster
04-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Still nothing huh.
course not..integrity seems to be in short supply with some people

Bill Brasky
04-12-2006, 03:04 PM
ha, PFT... I could write better html code with my left hand and half my skull blown off.

That website not only has no credibility, it looks like a 5 year old designed it.

Gunzlingr
04-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I have yet to see this 2.6 million guanteed 2006 money. I see the 800,000 this year and 1.6 mil next year + incentives, but nowhere have I read 2.6 mil this year.

TedMock
04-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Worst website ever, but I don't think anybody here disputes that. What I don't get is how unhappy people are with this signing. He was never a real #1 WR, and we all knew that, but he was a VERY GOOD #2 for us for 3 years. I never understood the hate toward him when he left, and I don't understand it now. I don't blame him for wanting to take a shot at being the #1 guy, and going after that dream. It didn't pan out for him. I'm sure he's humbled by the whole experience. As a number 2 WR, though? How short our memories are. The guy was in Buffalo for 4 seasons, and started 3. As a starter, he progressively got better, and put up very solid numbers each year, having over 700 in year one, 895 in year two, and over 1100 in year three. How on earth are these bad numbers for a #2 WR? I just don't get the total unhappiness of this signing especially considering the fact that he 1. produced for us, and 2. is still under 30 years of age. We could easily get a 50 catch, 700 yard year out of him for 3 more seasons. How is this a bad thing? So what, it costs us $2.6 million if he totally blows it. I doubt that happens.

Gunzlingr
04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
course not..integrity seems to be in short supply with some people

Some people would ***** because their ice cream was too cold.

The_Philster
04-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Worst website ever, but I don't think anybody here disputes that.
there are a few that have taken their word as gospel

dplus47
04-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I have yet to see this 2.6 million guanteed 2006 money. I see the 800,000 this year and 1.6 mil next year + incentives, but nowhere have I read 2.6 mil this year.

apparently, he was given a $1.8 million dollar signing bonus. that, coupled with an $800K base salary for this year, makes his total compensation for this year $2.6 million. his cap number will be lower due to proration of the bonus, but the $2.6 million is what he gets this year.

Gunzlingr
04-12-2006, 03:24 PM
apparently, he was given a $1.8 million dollar signing bonus. that, coupled with an $800K base salary for this year, makes his total compensation for this year $2.6 million. his cap number will be lower due to proration of the bonus, but the $2.6 million is what he gets this year.

From the way I understand it, that amount only comes to play if, and only if, he meets all of his incentive benchmarks. So realistically that is not the real figure.

dplus47
04-12-2006, 03:30 PM
From the way I understand it, that amount only comes to play if, and only if, he meets all of his incentive benchmarks. So realistically that is not the real figure.
i'll have to go back and look. i understand that there are roster bonuses later in the contract, but they shouldn't be figured into the $1.8. maybe "signing bonus" is a misprint?

it wouldn't surprise me that the news is inflated, due to agents' propensity for exaggerating their own worth.

Iehoshua
04-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I'll be the first to admit I talked bad about Peerless. By bad, I mean I stuck to my guns saying he is not a number one receiver-caliber talent and that he'd never be, thus he is overrated. He proved me right.

I graded his return a "C". While I think he is worse than he was, one HAS to admit that no receiver has a shot at being a number one in Vick-lanta. Ronnie Mexico is the only number one on that offense. There is a shot he could be productive back here, but I'm not annointing his return as wonderful. I just choose to be positive since he did return to our team and we're kinda stuck with him, so might as well look on the brightside.

If some other team would have signed him, I may have ripped him, but I usually rip ex-Bills who don't leave on great terms.

Except Flutie. They screwed him. Bastards.
/tangent

TigerJ
04-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Peerless Price had one very good year in Buffalo. He has sucked elsewhere. It was a risk to bring him back , but it could pay off.

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Some people would ***** because their ice cream was too cold.

DAMN STRAIGHT! I prefer the freeze dried ice cream from NASA and stuff, myself! :nod:

Saratoga Slim
04-12-2006, 07:02 PM
For cripes sake! Just let them like the signing. What difference does it make if someone chooses to be hopeful during the off-season? What's the point of running them down?

exactly. Price is here. period. you can either be hopeful, or pessimistic. either way he's still here.

I personally have more fun being hopeful, but hey, whatever floats your boat

MOULDSROCKS
04-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Still nothing huh.

what link are you looking for specifically?

The_Philster
04-12-2006, 07:46 PM
what link are you looking for specifically?
someone actually saying that the Price signing was a super signing..there've been a few of us hopeful about the signing, but I've yet to see any that are making Peerless out to be Jerry Rice or anything

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Peerless will be the next Jerry Rice/Steve Largent/Lance Alworth/Charlie Joiner and Paul Warfield all combined into one guy.

:rofl: