• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

So this is what we'd look like?

I have to say looking at this even furthur, this really hasnt been a bad offseason. A lot of cheap youth added, a lot of "potential". A word we are all weary of im sure. I look moreso toward the 2007 season (not counting us out by any means in 2006....just saying we will be looking good for the future).

TKO is a question mark as is QB, but in theory.....on paper anyway if the draft went this way would you be terribly dissapointed? Assuming we are able to sign Reyes, and if Gibson returns to form we have 3 new OL.

Again just tossing out ideas, but what if our first three rounds went like this:

1. Vernon Davis, TE
    2. Ko Simpson, S (assuming Bing is gone otherwise id take him here)
    3. John McCargo, DT
    3. Andrew Whitworth, OT

Offense:
    OT: A. Gibson/Gandy
    OG: T. Reyes
    C: M. Fowler
    OG: C. Villarial/Preston
    OT: J. Peters
    TE: Vernon Davis (1)
    WR: Lee Evans/Josh Reed
    WR: Peerless Price/Andre Davis
    RB: Willis McGahee
    FB: Damion Shelton
    QB: JP Losman

Defense:
    DE: Aaron Schobel
    DT: Larry Triplett
    DT: Tim Anderson
    DE: Chris Kelsay/FA-Rookie
    OLB: TKO/Angelo Crowell
    ILB: London Fletcher
    OLB: J. Posey/Angelo Crowell
    CB: Terrence McGee
    CB: Nate Clements
    FS: Troy Vincent
    SS: Ko Simpson (2)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Devin; 04-11-2006, 09:26 PM.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: So this is what we'd look like?

You will get slammed for Tim Anderson as starter

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Probably, just the way it looks thus far.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
        You will get slammed for Tim Anderson as starter
        not his fault..BB.com has him as a starter
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

It's all going to come down to who wins the QB job and how he plays.. Last year he had ATROCIOUS game day coaching to hang some losses on.. This year, its ALL on the QB's to do something.

If Losman wins the job and plays like the guy we drafted in the first round, we could be respectable and looking for the future..

If our QB sucks, then our record will be LUCKY to be as good as last year's, and we'll have wasted another year with bum QB(s).

QB play is the single-biggest thing on the team from this point forth..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

I still think DT may be our 2nd rounder. I wish we had 2 2nd rounders somehow

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              It's all going to come down to who wins the QB job and how he plays.. Last year he had ATROCIOUS game day coaching to hang some losses on.. This year, its ALL on the QB's to do something.

If Losman wins the job and plays like the guy we drafted in the first round, we could be respectable and looking for the future..

If our QB sucks, then our record will be LUCKY to be as good as last year's, and we'll have wasted another year with bum QB(s).

QB play is the single-biggest thing on the team from this point forth..
              I can actually agree 100%. The TEAM esp on offense is getting setup to be damn explosive.

I would actually entertain Marv calling up the titans about McNair just to check and see.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

We still might have two second rounders, because if Davis and Huff are both gone we're going to (as we should) trade down

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

I do as well ICE cause bringing in another young DT would go miles. A ton of top DT talent any other year will fall in round 2.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                    I do as well ICE cause bringing in another young DT would go miles. A ton of top DT talent any other year will fall in round 2.
                    And we must have great depth as we rotate the starters in quite abit

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      not his fault..BB.com has him as a starter
                      well Devin also has Reyes as a starter and he's not even signed yet. so I don't think he's wedded to BB.com's starters.

Anderson sucks. Getting Davis is a ?. Losman is a ? Getting Reyes is a ? The receivers have a lot to prove. Villarial sucks and Preston's not ready. First we have to get this Simpson guy and then see if he's ready to start.

I'm not convinced.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Reyes would be a huge improvement over Anderson or Villarrial.. Even if he was the "weakest link" of the Carolina line, it only proves their weakest link was better than our strongest.. Sign that kid immediately..

That's still not enough, either the second or third pick in our draft needs to be a guard also.. Anderson flat out blows and Villarrial, even if you dont already hate him (i do) he's a broken down 11 year vet, he doesnt fit in our "youth movement".. HIs presence should have been FAR less important than Adams or even Milloy..

And BTW, off subject.. Im SOOOOOO sick of hearing about this cover two.. WTF good is a cover two to protect against the pass when we cant stop the run? WE couldnt stop the RUN LAST year and now Tim ANderson and Matt Bowens are going to stop the run?

EVery FA we missed out on or didnt offer a contract too, I can live with.. But not landing a second GOOD DT is going to hurt us this year, I garentee it..

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Reyes would be a huge improvement over Anderson or Villarrial.. Even if he was the "weakest link" of the Carolina line, it only proves their weakest link was better than our strongest.. Sign that kid immediately..

That's still not enough, either the second or third pick in our draft needs to be a guard also.. Anderson flat out blows and Villarrial, even if you dont already hate him (i do) he's a broken down 11 year vet, he doesnt fit in our "youth movement".. HIs presence should have been FAR less important than Adams or even Milloy..

And BTW, off subject.. Im SOOOOOO sick of hearing about this cover two.. WTF good is a cover two to protect against the pass when we cant stop the run? WE couldnt stop the RUN LAST year and now Tim ANderson and Matt Bowens are going to stop the run?

EVery FA we missed out on or didnt offer a contract too, I can live with.. But not landing a second GOOD DT is going to hurt us this year, I garentee it..
                          Absolutely dead on....what good is the cover 2 when every team in the league can and will run the ball down our throats? Our pass D wasn't the problem last year, outside of the Miami game, yet we do little to nothing to improve the run defense. I don't get it.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            well Devin also has Reyes as a starter and he's not even signed yet. so I don't think he's wedded to BB.com's starters.

Anderson sucks. Getting Davis is a ?. Losman is a ? Getting Reyes is a ? The receivers have a lot to prove. Villarial sucks and Preston's not ready. First we have to get this Simpson guy and then see if he's ready to start.

I'm not convinced.
                            Sorry I should have added that in there. I was actually using the BB.com depth chart. Just sort of a "what if" if we did indeed sign Reyes.

There are question marks everywhere, but thats any NFL team. This team is most certainly a work in progress, however I have to admit im not as pessimistic as most.

If Bill Polian along with half the league says Marv is the man and knows what hes doing, im going to trust him.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

In Marv We Trust

Comment

Working...
                              X