PDA

View Full Version : Another "I Support JP Thread" to Bash

DarbyTheDinosaur
04-12-2006, 07:43 AM
I know this is a dead horse that has been beaten over and over again...but why have so many given up on JP already? He started 8 games. I see comparisons of his stats to Holcomb's a lot...apples and oranges. Holcomb is a 10 year NFL veteran...JP was essentially a first year guy. He threw 60 TD's to 27 INTs in college. He was shaky as hell his first few starts...absolutely. But you can't find many first year QB's other than Big Ben and Tom Brady who aren't.

Think about it...when he came back into the KC game after KH went down...he was more than effective (9/16, 2 TDs, 0 INTs). He looked great in the Miami game until MooMoo made some stupid playcalling. He was showing improvement. And then he got yanked so MooMoo and TD could try to save their hides.

This kid has the tools...he just needs time. The biggest problem I see with JP is that he was drafted to a team that has been broken at QB for a long time...there isn't any patience left from the fan base...but there needs to be.

I am with a previous comment by Tatonka...I fully believe JP will step it up and prove to be the QB we thought he would be...I just hope it is in a Bills uniform.

acehole
04-12-2006, 07:49 AM
The writing is on the wall for JP.

We get rid of all his detractors.

We get receivers that can get deep.

We take the pressure off of him...bringing in another guy.

We give him confidence putting him over that guy in the line up.

We keep him humble and hungry putting him behind the starter.

We will give him every opportunity to grow vs being the savior.

Until he is cut or traded or REALLY sucks it up on the field....he has my support.

mayotm
04-12-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm with you. I think JP will be win the starting job and play much better this year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
I've been behind him since he got here, and yes people seem to forget how we whooped the Texans in the first game (I realize it's the Texans), He led us to victory over a really good team in the Chiefs, and he looked like a brand new guy in the first quarter of the Dolphins game before Mularkey tried to run out the clock with 3 more quarters to play, and let's not forget that if Nate Clements plays even a little defense that day on Chambers we win that game. I thought JP showed some major signs of improvement in these games, and I am behind him 100% this season. Get a couple more linemen in the draft and I think we may be a pretty good team flying under the radar. I can't wait to see what everyone says when Philip Rivers struggles his first 8 games.....Oh my god hes a huge bust the Chargers are so stupid for letting Brees go!!!!Or maybe hes played 8 games.

bigbub2352
04-12-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree 100% i was all over people about it yesterday, I do think he struggled but, The offensive scheme was horrible and not suited for a mobile QB, Plus nobody has been saying what Moulds did to this team last year, *****ed and complained everytime JP had the start that does nothing for a young guy's confidence...I think JP with an upgrade to the o-line has a lot of weapons now and will be more successful under better coaching we will see

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Ok then answer me this. Why is it in the mini camp they split reps to a certain extent, then sent Nall and JP to the sidelines while Holcomb took all of the remaining reps?

That doesn't do too much for your young QB's confidence. And Remember I said there is no such thing as competition, watch who gets the most reps to see who your starter is. So far it is holcomb which means we suck

bigbub2352
04-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree that if Holocomb is the starter it is a big mistake, and your are right to an extent about his confidence and sitting and watching, but it is only mini camp and you cant make a an assumption like that by those practices, it will be interesting in training camp who will get the reps, Whoever is getting the offense down will get the most reps we wont truly no anything until camp starts, they could be sitting him to lite a fire as well...

more cowbell
04-12-2006, 10:12 AM
holcomb sucks

jmb1099
04-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I want Jp to be the starter...however, if he isn't performing well than he needs to step it up. He alone is in control of his destiny at this point. Also, just because Holcomb is getting more reps doesn't mean jack yet...they need to evaulate his decision making ability to see if he is ever going to throw a pass longer then 2 yards. Regardless, Lossman needs to prove he's the guy.

acehole
04-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Ok then answer me this. Why is it in the mini camp they split reps to a certain extent, then sent Nall and JP to the sidelines while Holcomb took all of the remaining reps?

That doesn't do too much for your young QB's confidence. And Remember I said there is no such thing as competition, watch who gets the most reps to see who your starter is. So far it is holcomb which means we suck

Patients young skywalker...... Maybe they are waiting for him to mees up.

He was the starter at the end of last year it is his to lose......and if your right and he sucks it up....he will lose it. Question is to whom? I suspect the better of the other 2. Which is a win win.

acehole
04-12-2006, 10:30 AM

Patients young skywalker...... Maybe they are waiting for him to mees up.

He was the starter at the end of last year it is his to lose......and if your right and he sucks it up....he will lose it. Question is to whom? I suspect the better of the other 2. Which is a win win.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-12-2006, 10:36 AM
All things being equal, I would rather go with the below average young guy who has potential to improve than the below average old guy who is not getting any better.

At least JP can make plays with his feet.