PDA

View Full Version : New York State Senator George Maziarz: On-Line Effort To 'Save' Bills

NorthCarBills
04-12-2006, 08:43 AM
On-Line Effort To 'Save' Bills

New York State Senator George Maziarz wants to make it easier for you to send a message to the National Football League and Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.
Maziarz has started an on-line petition drive urging efforts be made to make sure the Buffalo Bills stay in Western New York. Maziarz says he wants to pressure Tagliabue to do something to help small market teams remain viable.

To add your name to the effort, log on to: www.senatormaziarz.com.

Night Train
04-12-2006, 08:51 AM
It asked for my paypal account # and a $20 min. What's up with that ?

J/K

Saratoga Slim
04-12-2006, 10:09 AM
this is what I meant in another thread about our politicians being more than willing to help. "saving" the Bills is a fairly high-profile, yet non-partisan cause. those are the type that politicians lust after b/c it lets them win points with the other party's voters.

Turf
04-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Why has this thread not received any support?

RedEyE
04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't know if my signature can be received as acceptable. I'm a GA state resident.

I signed it anyway

OpIv37
04-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't know if my signature can be received as acceptable. I'm a GA state resident.

I signed it anyway

I'm in VA and I also signed it anyway.

ParanoidAndroid
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Same here Op

I also sent him an e-mail which an aide/intern will read and file under don't give a s***, but at least I sent it. In it, I wrote about how the Bills are a hot button issue. I went on to urge him not to stop there and do something about the root cause, which is the overall economic depression that has been strangling WNY for 3 decades.
If we really want to save the Bills, WNY'ers need to get together and march on Albany, demanding that we start doing more to bring business and industry to our cities.
Let's organize!
If you think this is a good idea, give me a :up:

BrunnyJ
04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I signed it, I'm sure they don't care what an Australian thinks

Turf
04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah the root cause is the problem.
The only solution I see is central and Western New York State succeeding from NYC, because they're raping our tax dollars away from us.

shelby
04-12-2006, 08:46 PM
i'm in Florida but i signed it anyway.
Great find, thanks!

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I signed it from WI too. :up: