X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Craig Nall on Siruis

will summarize.. the interview is on now.

- equal reps right now till someone sets themselves apart. he was just looking for a chance to play.. which is why he didnt stay in GB.. and it is what he will get in buffalo. a chance.

- he feels all three are learning a new system, so it will come down to who can learn the system the fastest and translate that knowledge to the field.

- he described his "style".. he learned alot from farve. on and off the field. how to be a real pro. gives it 100% all the time. he feels he can relate to everyone on the team. does his best to lead.

- his strong suits.. not a big runner.. he can if he needs to, but he trusts his Oline and will go as they go. he can make any throw on the field.. including down the field throws..

- why he left green bay.. he said he almost stayed in gb, because he might have got his shot against arron rodgers, but he isnt so sure brett is retiring.. juaron convinced him he will have a chance to show he is a starter, and he feels he can do that.. he felt his time was now to show what he can do, and he we wasnt so sure he would have gotten as good of a chance in gb as he will in buffalo.

- talked about brett farve.. blah blah blah.. i am so sick of hearing about farve.

- peerless price.. hasnt met him yet, but he thinks that since he is a "veteran" guy, he will help.

- he talked specifically about roscoe parrish.. said he could not believe how fast he is.. he said every time he threw the ball to him, it was behind him.. he said that he and josh reed are going to be awesome through the middle of the field.

- lee evans is awesome.. basically that is what he said.. he is ready to be a number one.

- he went back to roscoe again and said that he has never seen a guy come out of his break without losing speed.. roscoe is the only guy.. he said he is insanely fast and even quicker than that. he is so fast that sometimes you dont even have time to get your feet set.. you just have to flick it to him. the guy is in love with roscoe.

- he believes the wr group of price, evans, reed, parrish, and davis is incredibly fast and solid.. they have all kinds of guys.. possession, speed, quicks, leaping ability.

- more on brett.. blah blah blah.

- doesnt think that the next qb in green bay will get a fair shot.. he said the fans are so used to farve, that no matter who comes in next, they will not be brett and will suffer because the fans dont want to let brett go.

- more on roscoe.. jesus.. pivot route.. no one can cover him.

- looking forward to his chance to play. hopes that he can keep up the great track record of green bays back ups going elsewhere and doing very well.

-
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Craig Nall on Siruis

Thanks T. Good to hear him so up on the young WRs.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

If there's one thing you can't coach, it's speed. And lord knows from the looks of it, Buffalo has plenty of it at the WR position. That being said, the O-Line must improve and the QB(whoever it is) has to get them the ball. This should be interesting to watch this whole thing unfold.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

He's in love with brett farve.

Finally, nall stinks.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Thanks for posting that! Nall is a good QB, he just needs his shot. Maybe he is the man, maybe he isn't but I sure as hell feel better with him under helm than holcomb.

I think the only way Nall isn't the starter is if JP pulls his head out. JP has had the skills, but mentally, not there yet. I don't feel this team will wait on him either. If nall is ready to go, he starts.

I agree with him that this WR corp right now is really exciting. If we have a QB that can get them the ball on time (and we know holcomb can't unless it's within 10 yards) I think we shock some folks...including some pessimestic Bills fans.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Kerr
            He's in love with brett farve.

Finally, nall stinks.
            Give Nall a chance before we conclude that.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
              If there's one thing you can't coach, it's speed. And lord knows from the looks of it, Buffalo has plenty of it at the WR position. That being said, the O-Line must improve and the QB(whoever it is) has to get them the ball. This should be interesting to watch this whole thing unfold.
              Well, if a 40 is ran in under 4 seconds for most of these guys, how quickly can they get to 10, 12, 15, and 20 yards? This line may not have to block more than 2.2 seconds

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Somewhere, Ice just got wood.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

you know.. i started thinking about this when he was talking.. i see now definately why he came here and didnt stay in gb.. it makes me feel better about his signing..

also.. what is so different between he and hasslebeck? they are really very similar in style. i mean, when hasslebeck went to seattle.. he has no starting experience and was just a preseason stud.. which is basically the exact same thing as nall.. there is no reason we should doubt the kid.

that being said.. i hope jp wins the job, but if he doesnt, i will definately support nall.. as long as it is not holcombe, who we know can not last a whole season and will be nothing more than a back up.

my 2 cents.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    Give Nall a chance before we conclude that.
                    Thank you. If anything this interview shows how mature he is.

One thing I found interesting. This is Nalls 5th year, and JP's 3rd, but both are the same age I think? Interesting...

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      you know.. i started thinking about this when he was talking.. i see now definately why he came here and didnt stay in gb.. it makes me feel better about his signing..

also.. what is so different between he and hasslebeck? they are really very similar in style. i mean, when hasslebeck went to seattle.. he has no starting experience and was just a preseason stud.. which is basically the exact same thing as nall.. there is no reason we should doubt the kid.

that being said.. i hope jp wins the job, but if he doesnt, i will definately support nall.. as long as it is not holcombe, who we know can not last a whole season and will be nothing more than a back up.

my 2 cents.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                        Somewhere, Ice just got wood.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

as far as our oline.. i like were they are at now.. we have guys in place and the draft will give us some more talent.

our oline SHOULD be in good shape by the last weekend in april.

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

nall stinks..thank you. Using farve as a scapegoat for green bay not wanting his sorry ass back.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                              nall stinks..thank you. Using farve as a scapegoat for green bay not wanting his sorry ass back.
                              kerr, i understand the pessimism due to the awful qb play we have had here for years.. believe me.. i do.

but i am just wondering why you are so down on him? what are you basing it on? when he has been on the field in preseason he has 4 tds and 0 ints.. which is alot better than what arron rodgers did in the preseason.

i know preseason is not the end all to judging a qb.. but it sure is better than seeing a guy have 0 tds and 4 ints in limited playing time..

why are you so down on him?

Comment

Working...
                              X