PDA

View Full Version : Craig Nall on Siruis

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 01:19 PM
will summarize.. the interview is on now.

- equal reps right now till someone sets themselves apart. he was just looking for a chance to play.. which is why he didnt stay in GB.. and it is what he will get in buffalo. a chance.

- he feels all three are learning a new system, so it will come down to who can learn the system the fastest and translate that knowledge to the field.

- he described his "style".. he learned alot from farve. on and off the field. how to be a real pro. gives it 100% all the time. he feels he can relate to everyone on the team. does his best to lead.

- his strong suits.. not a big runner.. he can if he needs to, but he trusts his Oline and will go as they go. he can make any throw on the field.. including down the field throws..

- why he left green bay.. he said he almost stayed in gb, because he might have got his shot against arron rodgers, but he isnt so sure brett is retiring.. juaron convinced him he will have a chance to show he is a starter, and he feels he can do that.. he felt his time was now to show what he can do, and he we wasnt so sure he would have gotten as good of a chance in gb as he will in buffalo.

- talked about brett farve.. blah blah blah.. i am so sick of hearing about farve.

- peerless price.. hasnt met him yet, but he thinks that since he is a "veteran" guy, he will help.

- he talked specifically about roscoe parrish.. said he could not believe how fast he is.. he said every time he threw the ball to him, it was behind him.. he said that he and josh reed are going to be awesome through the middle of the field.

- lee evans is awesome.. basically that is what he said.. he is ready to be a number one.

- he went back to roscoe again and said that he has never seen a guy come out of his break without losing speed.. roscoe is the only guy.. he said he is insanely fast and even quicker than that. he is so fast that sometimes you dont even have time to get your feet set.. you just have to flick it to him. the guy is in love with roscoe.

- he believes the wr group of price, evans, reed, parrish, and davis is incredibly fast and solid.. they have all kinds of guys.. possession, speed, quicks, leaping ability.

- more on brett.. blah blah blah.

- doesnt think that the next qb in green bay will get a fair shot.. he said the fans are so used to farve, that no matter who comes in next, they will not be brett and will suffer because the fans dont want to let brett go.

- more on roscoe.. jesus.. :lol: pivot route.. no one can cover him.

- looking forward to his chance to play. hopes that he can keep up the great track record of green bays back ups going elsewhere and doing very well.

-

Jeff1220
04-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks T. Good to hear him so up on the young WRs.

Bulldog
If there's one thing you can't coach, it's speed. And lord knows from the looks of it, Buffalo has plenty of it at the WR position. That being said, the O-Line must improve and the QB(whoever it is) has to get them the ball. This should be interesting to watch this whole thing unfold.

Kerr
He's in love with brett farve.

Finally, nall stinks.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks for posting that! Nall is a good QB, he just needs his shot. Maybe he is the man, maybe he isn't but I sure as hell feel better with him under helm than holcomb.

I think the only way Nall isn't the starter is if JP pulls his head out. JP has had the skills, but mentally, not there yet. I don't feel this team will wait on him either. If nall is ready to go, he starts.

I agree with him that this WR corp right now is really exciting. If we have a QB that can get them the ball on time (and we know holcomb can't unless it's within 10 yards) I think we shock some folks...including some pessimestic Bills fans.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
He's in love with brett farve.

Finally, nall stinks.

Give Nall a chance before we conclude that.

ICE74129
If there's one thing you can't coach, it's speed. And lord knows from the looks of it, Buffalo has plenty of it at the WR position. That being said, the O-Line must improve and the QB(whoever it is) has to get them the ball. This should be interesting to watch this whole thing unfold.

Well, if a 40 is ran in under 4 seconds for most of these guys, how quickly can they get to 10, 12, 15, and 20 yards? This line may not have to block more than 2.2 seconds :roflmao:

Gunzlingr
Somewhere, Ice just got wood.

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 01:29 PM
you know.. i started thinking about this when he was talking.. i see now definately why he came here and didnt stay in gb.. it makes me feel better about his signing..

also.. what is so different between he and hasslebeck? they are really very similar in style. i mean, when hasslebeck went to seattle.. he has no starting experience and was just a preseason stud.. which is basically the exact same thing as nall.. there is no reason we should doubt the kid.

that being said.. i hope jp wins the job, but if he doesnt, i will definately support nall.. as long as it is not holcombe, who we know can not last a whole season and will be nothing more than a back up.

my 2 cents.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Give Nall a chance before we conclude that. Thank you. If anything this interview shows how mature he is.

One thing I found interesting. This is Nalls 5th year, and JP's 3rd, but both are the same age I think? Interesting...

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 01:30 PM
you know.. i started thinking about this when he was talking.. i see now definately why he came here and didnt stay in gb.. it makes me feel better about his signing..

also.. what is so different between he and hasslebeck? they are really very similar in style. i mean, when hasslebeck went to seattle.. he has no starting experience and was just a preseason stud.. which is basically the exact same thing as nall.. there is no reason we should doubt the kid.

that being said.. i hope jp wins the job, but if he doesnt, i will definately support nall.. as long as it is not holcombe, who we know can not last a whole season and will be nothing more than a back up.

my 2 cents.

:beers:

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Somewhere, Ice just got wood.

:tap:

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
as far as our oline.. i like were they are at now.. we have guys in place and the draft will give us some more talent.

our oline SHOULD be in good shape by the last weekend in april.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
nall stinks..thank you. Using farve as a scapegoat for green bay not wanting his sorry ass back. :lol:

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 01:37 PM
nall stinks..thank you. Using farve as a scapegoat for green bay not wanting his sorry ass back. :lol:

kerr, i understand the pessimism due to the awful qb play we have had here for years.. believe me.. i do.

but i am just wondering why you are so down on him? what are you basing it on? when he has been on the field in preseason he has 4 tds and 0 ints.. which is alot better than what arron rodgers did in the preseason.

i know preseason is not the end all to judging a qb.. but it sure is better than seeing a guy have 0 tds and 4 ints in limited playing time..

why are you so down on him?

Kerr
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
kerr, i understand the pessimism due to the awful qb play we have had here for years.. believe me.. i do.

but i am just wondering why you are so down on him? what are you basing it on? when he has been on the field in preseason he has 4 tds and 0 ints.. which is alot better than what arron rodgers did in the preseason.

i know preseason is not the end all to judging a qb.. but it sure is better than seeing a guy have 0 tds and 4 ints in limited playing time..

why are you so down on him?

Because he's getting hyped up for
a) Leading nfl europe is passing
b) being farve's butt sniffer in green bay
c) getting good numbers in mop up duty
d) because he was in green bay he has the potential to be the next hassleback or brunell or warner.

It's ridiculous. The guy doesn't even have a rocket for an arm. Go ask Chris Brown. He uses sitting behind farve as an excuse for green bay not giving a carei n the world that he's gone.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Because he's getting hyped up for
a) Leading nfl europe is passing
b) being farve's butt sniffer in green bay
c) getting good numbers in mop up duty
d) because he was in green bay he has the potential to be the next hassleback or brunell or warner.

It's ridiculous. The guy doesn't even have a rocket for an arm. Go ask Chris Brown. He uses sitting behind farve as an excuse for green bay not giving a carei n the world that he's gone.

and there are plenty of guys that could throw the ball through a brick wall that amounted to crap in this league. Nalls arm is good enough.

The Fact he led NFLE in passing does mean something. He has every chance at following how Hasselbeck etal did in this league after leaving GB.

So you feel he won't succeed because 'you just dont' like him'. that is a really mature stance

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Stan Gelbaugh lead that league in passing too.....was drafted by the Bills originally....What did he amount to? Just because he lit up a league full of "practice squad" players doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna be good.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 02:39 PM
and there are plenty of guys that could throw the ball through a brick wall that amounted to crap in this league. Nalls arm is good enough.

The Fact he led NFLE in passing does mean something. He has every chance at following how Hasselbeck etal did in this league after leaving GB.

So you feel he won't succeed because 'you just dont' like him'. that is a really mature stance

Oh really? Since I can go back to 01' do you want to know who've been the nfl europe leading passers?

2001-Jonathin Quinn
2002- T. White(who?)
2003- Nall
2004- Rohan Davey
2005-Dave Ragone
and currently Gabe Hamdan

Yeah, there's a ringing endorsement. Observe all the guys who are nobody's in the nfl. Leading nfl europe in passing is almost meaningless. How come his chance is so great of being the next hassleback? Just because he played in green bay? Oh please.

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 02:47 PM
hey kerr.. i am not looking to argue with you or say your wrong.. i am just looking for a clear explaination..

hear me out..

i understand the points your making.. and some have hyped him up.. i am not doing that.. all i am saying is he has potential.. or that at a minimum, he doesnt suck..

now of your points..

1. lead nfl europe.. i understand that this doesnt make him a great qb.. but he didnt suck in the nfl europe like tons do, so at a minimum, how can doing great there be a bad thing? how does it indicate that he sucks.

2. being farves butt sniffer.. i dont see how this has anything to do with it.. other than he couldnt have done anything but gained from what farve could have taught him, no?

3. mop up duty.. he actually didnt ever play regular season.. but he did do well when he was on the field in preseason. now again.. i understand that this doesnt make him great.. but how does it HURT him or make him worse that he did very well in preseason?

4. greenbay history.. again.. maybe it doesnt have much to do with it.. but at least he comes from a good pedigree.. again.. how does it make him BAD? it might not make him a player.. but does it make him worse?

Bill Brasky
04-12-2006, 02:54 PM
- he talked specifically about roscoe parrish.. said he could not believe how fast he is.. he said every time he threw the ball to him, it was behind him..

Neato!

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Great! So while Roscoe is blazing across the middle of the field, Nall can throw it behind him and Roscoe will get laid out by Zach Thomas anyways....on the bright side, at least there won't be fumble.

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
i think he was implying that it took a while to get used to his speed guys.. jesus.

Bill Brasky
04-12-2006, 03:11 PM
you need to realize that some of us aren't taking this so seriously tat.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
hey kerr.. i am not looking to argue with you or say your wrong.. i am just looking for a clear explaination..

hear me out..

i understand the points your making.. and some have hyped him up.. i am not doing that.. all i am saying is he has potential.. or that at a minimum, he doesnt suck..

now of your points..

1. lead nfl europe.. i understand that this doesnt make him a great qb.. but he didnt suck in the nfl europe like tons do, so at a minimum, how can doing great there be a bad thing? how does it indicate that he sucks.

2. being farves butt sniffer.. i dont see how this has anything to do with it.. other than he couldnt have done anything but gained from what farve could have taught him, no?

3. mop up duty.. he actually didnt ever play regular season.. but he did do well when he was on the field in preseason. now again.. i understand that this doesnt make him great.. but how does it HURT him or make him worse that he did very well in preseason?

4. greenbay history.. again.. maybe it doesnt have much to do with it.. but at least he comes from a good pedigree.. again.. how does it make him BAD? it might not make him a player.. but does it make him worse?

tonks, he did play in regular season games. Doing well in nfl europe is meaningless. btw I never heard Mike Sherman call in nall for a visit to play for the texans. According to Ice, sherman was high on nall, but nall had the perfect opportunity to go to the texans against an uproven david carr. If nall was that good, you know sherman, a good judge of qb's would have called him first as offensive coordinator.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
tonks, he did play in regular season games. Doing well in nfl europe is meaningless. btw I never heard Mike Sherman call in nall for a visit to play for the texans. According to Ice, sherman was high on nall, but nall had the perfect opportunity to go to the texans against an uproven david carr. If nall was that good, you know sherman, a good judge of qb's would have called him first as offensive coordinator.

Sherman isn't the OC, he is the Line coach. And who says sherman didnt' call him and say forget it because Carr was given his 10 mill bonus or something like it after Kubiak decided he was the guy for him.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Sherman isn't the OC, he is the Line coach. And who says sherman didnt' call him and say forget it because Carr was given his 10 mill bonus or something like it after Kubiak decided he was the guy for him.

oc, line coach, he's still dealing with offense. tony banks isn't exactly the best backup in the league.
carr is unproven until furture notice, they needed a better backup because I guess they figured in their wisdom nall wasn't good enough to beat out banks.

don137
04-12-2006, 03:27 PM
The thing that gets me nervous about Nall is why did they draft Rodgers if they have had confidence in Nall to carry the corch once Farve hangs them up.
I do think he is better potential as a good #1 than Holcomb. Higher risk but higher reward.
I heard someone the other day on the radio talking about Green Bay and how they are hosed if Farve is retiring. They said they should of never let Nall get away. Also said Rodgers was extremely slow at picking up a system.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 03:30 PM
The thing that gets me nervous about Nall is why did they draft Rodgers if they have had confidence in Nall to carry the corch once Farve hangs them up.
I do think he is better potential as a good #1 than Holcomb. Higher risk but higher reward.
I heard someone the other day on the radio talking about Green Bay and how they are hosed if Farve is retiring. They said they should of never let Nall get away. Also said Rodgers was extremely slow at picking up a system.

don't bother, according to ice the packers gm is an idiot for letting nall walk.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 03:37 PM
don't bother, according to ice the packers gm is an idiot for letting nall walk.

Yeah I feel he is. Just like he is a moron for firing sherman a WINNING HC.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
This Nall love affair is really bothering me too. Why we think that he is going to be anything more than a #2 qb here is baffeling to me. Yeah sure Jauron said that he could come in and get a fair shot to win the job. WHat else is Dick going to say???? No we have two qb's that frankly were not very good, but we think you'll ride the bench?

Facts:

-Nall was not highly skilled/touted coming out of school.
-Packers drafted Rodgers WITH Nall on the roster IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!! If they had any confidence in Nall they would have at least waited a few rounds to draft a QB.
-Nall has MUCH less on field experiance than Holcomb OR Jp for that matter. If he plays we deal with the same learning curve as we did with JP last year.

Bottome line for ME is this. If Nall clearly outplays JP and Holcomb in the preseason let him play. He deserves it. But if it is realitively close....... JP will start. More experiance than Nall, all the tools (mental is still a question), and prolly wouldn't be worse than Nall's FIRST YEAR AS A STARTER.

The most baffeling part of the whole thing is how we expect anything from Nall considering his lack of experiance and reputation.

Don;t be surprised to see JP win the job over the summer, see KH get cut, and us draft a 3rd stringer late in the draft.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
This Nall love affair is really bothering me too. Why we think that he is going to be anything more than a #2 qb here is baffeling to me. Yeah sure Jauron said that he could come in and get a fair shot to win the job. WHat else is Dick going to say???? No we have two qb's that frankly were not very good, but we think you'll ride the bench?

Facts:

-Nall was not highly skilled/touted coming out of school.
-Packers drafted Rodgers WITH Nall on the roster IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!! If they had any confidence in Nall they would have at least waited a few rounds to draft a QB.
-Nall has MUCH less on field experiance than Holcomb OR Jp for that matter. If he plays we deal with the same learning curve as we did with JP last year.

Bottome line for ME is this. If Nall clearly outplays JP and Holcomb in the preseason let him play. He deserves it. But if it is realitively close....... JP will start. More experiance than Nall, all the tools (mental is still a question), and prolly wouldn't be worse than Nall's FIRST YEAR AS A STARTER.

The most baffeling part of the whole thing is how we expect anything from Nall considering his lack of experiance and reputation.

Don;t be surprised to see JP win the job over the summer, see KH get cut, and us draft a 3rd stringer late in the draft.

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
you need to realize that some of us aren't taking this so seriously tat.

:couch:

Tatonka
04-12-2006, 04:00 PM
guys.. i know ice is high on nall.. i am simply just stating that i think nall has potential.. there is nothing that he has personally done on the field or off of it that has indicated that he sucks.. that is all i am saying!

he may very well suck.. but he may very well be the next bills starting qb.. brady and hasslebeck were not highly touted coming out of college.. hell, brady didnt even barely start in college.

he is another option.. i hope jp is the man.. i like jp and what he brings to the table.. but if he isnt.. i would rather give nall a chance than go with holcombe.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:03 PM
guys.. i know ice is high on nall.. i am simply just stating that i think nall has potential.. there is nothing that he has personally done on the field or off of it that has indicated that he sucks.. that is all i am saying!

he may very well suck.. but he may very well be the next bills starting qb.. brady and hasslebeck were not highly touted coming out of college.. hell, brady didnt even barely start in college.

he is another option.. i hope jp is the man.. i like jp and what he brings to the table.. but if he isnt.. i would rather give nall a chance than go with holcombe.

Exactly. I feel with his background he has a good shot and at worse gives us one hell of a backup. As for JP, I have been a JP fan from day one, but the kid has shown me nothing mentally. he has all the physical tools you could ever want, but his decision making has sucked so far.

Bill Brasky
04-12-2006, 04:04 PM

nobody is disputing your claims... but when you have people on this board praising Nall as a highly talented QB based on literally nothing other than a few mop up appearances 2 years ago and maybe an NFLE game it provokes the types of responses that are being spewed out.

being a full time starter in the NFL is drastically different than performing mop up duty or playing in the NFLE.

Yes, some make the transition, but they are few and far between.

Bills banked on Losman based on nothing, Phins banked on Feeley based on his mop up duty, Skins banked on Ramsey based on mop up duty...

with guys like Nall, the optimistic situation usually never pans out like most wish to happen, but unfortunately the Jake Delhomme's of the league tend to blind not only fans but Font Offices to that reality.

If he proves himself, great, but i'm not banking on it.

Gunzlingr
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
nobody is disputing your claims... but when you have people on this board praising Nall as a highly talented QB based on literally nothing other than a few mop up appearances 2 years ago and maybe an NFLE game it provokes the types of responses that are being spewed out.

I believe there is only 1 person that is enfatuated with Nall........

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:10 PM

I think the opposing point is that he hasn't done anything on or off the field to prove that he is anything but camp fodder either.

For every Brady, and Hasslebeck there are first rounders like.
-Payton
-Eli
-Pennington (Before injury)
-Carson
-Ben
-Boller
-Rivers
-Brees (1st pick second round)
-Carr
-Leftwich
-Mcnair
-Plummer
-K. Collins
-A. Smith
-Vick
-Culpepper
-Grossman
-McNabb
-Bledsoe
-Harrington (starter last year)
-Favre 6th pick second round.

An overwhelming majority if you ask me.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:11 PM
I believe there is only 1 person that is enfatuated with Nall........ No one here is infactuated with Nall. but the facts are every time he got a shot to play, he played well. He can just as easily be Jake Delhome as he could be Ty Detmer. But I feel he will do well.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I think the opposing point is that he hasn't done anything on or off the field to prove that he is anything but camp fodder either.

For every Brady, and Hasslebeck there are first rounders like.
-Payton
-Eli
-Pennington (Before injury)
-Carson
-Ben
-Boller
-Rivers
-Brees (1st pick second round)
-Carr
-Leftwich
-Mcnair
-Plummer
-K. Collins
-A. Smith
-Vick
-Culpepper
-Grossman
-McNabb
-Bledsoe
-Harrington (starter last year)
-Favre 6th pick second round.

An overwhelming majority if you ask me.

And likewise Leaf, George etc. If you really want to go down a list I bet it's more bust than boom on first round guys.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Oh BTW Nall has played in 14 meaningful games since 1997. (excluding NFLE not sure how long their season is)

Kerr
04-12-2006, 04:15 PM
No one here is infactuated with Nall. but the facts are every time he got a shot to play, he played well. He can just as easily be Jake Delhome as he could be Ty Detmer. But I feel he will do well.

So him playing well in mop up duty and nfl europe constitues as being worthy enough to get praise as the next ex green bay star? :lol: Ice, please.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
And likewise Leaf, George etc. If you really want to go down a list I bet it's more bust than boom on first round guys.

The point is there is much more boom with 1st round picks than with picks in any other round.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:17 PM
So him playing well in mop up duty and nfl europe constitues as being worthy enough to get praise as the next ex green bay star? :lol: Ice, please.

About as much as Delhome's history before becoming the panthers starter. You just dont' know kerr, but history is on this guys side. And what the hell are you affraid of? What if he pulls a delhome? Then what? Nall has done nothing wrong other than sign with the bills to get a chance to compete for the job. If he is 2nd string fine.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Oh BTW Nall has played in 14 meaningful games since 1997. (excluding NFLE not sure how long their season is)

Opps I misspoke that would be 1996 as he was a redshirt at LSU in 1997.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:18 PM
About as much as Delhome's history before becoming the panthers starter. You just dont' know kerr, but history is on this guys side. And what the hell are you affraid of? What if he pulls a delhome? Then what? Nall has done nothing wrong other than sign with the bills to get a chance to compete for the job. If he is 2nd string fine.

You are smoking something if you think that history is on his side.

Nevermind the facts.

ICE74129
Opps I misspoke that would be 1996 as he was a redshirt at LSU in 1997. I am still waiting on your answer to my delhome question

ICE74129
You are smoking smething if you think that history is on his side.

Nevermind the facts. The FACTS are he has played well in the NFL and NFLE when given a chance.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
The FACTS are he has played well in the NFL and NFLE when given a chance.

So did Rob Johnson.

How many times has he played against the first string of any league he was a part of since 1996?

Answer that question.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
So did Rob Johnson.

How many times has he played against the first string of any league he was a part of since 1996?

Answer that question.

Since you've gone silent I'll answer it for you.

14 games

2 at LSU
12 at Northwestern State University.

In 10 YEARS

Give me a break Drew Henson has more experiance than this guy.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:25 PM
So did Rob Johnson.

Answer that question.

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/news/jun03/145792.asp

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/archive/05272003_lede

And BTW I didn't go silent some of us have other things to do as well

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Since you've gone silent I'll answer it for you.

14 games

2 at LSU
12 at Northwestern State University.

In 10 YEARS

Give me a break Drew Henson has more experiance than this guy.

I am still waiting for you to get me those stats on Delhome. I already know them and guess you have seen them aren't willing to post them here.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:29 PM
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/news/jun03/145792.asp

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/archive/05272003_lede

And BTW I didn't go silent some of us have other things to do as well

Hey Ice this is fantastic stuff! After he couldn't cut it at LSU and transferred to Northeastern State he went to NFLE to get back to the competition he was used too. Division 2 talent.

14 games in 10 years and you give me these articles as proof?

LMAO

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I am still waiting for you to get me those stats on Delhome. I already know them and guess you have seen them aren't willing to post them here.

Don't care what his numbers are.

Just looking at what the probability is that Another Tom Brady or Jake D is going to land in Buffalo with Nall's crappy history of playing marginal competition.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I appreciate your optimism son, but anyone who looks at this objectively would conclude the odds are VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY long that he will ever be anything but a career backup. Prolly was right where he belonged in GB as the #3.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:39 PM
I appreciate your optimism son, but anyone who looks at this objectively would conclude the odds are VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY long that he will ever be anything but a career backup. Prolly was right where he belonged in GB as the #3.

I have proven your position wrong with facts in your other thread. Nall has just as good a shot as Delhomme did.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I have proven your position wrong with facts in your other thread. Nall has just as good a shot as Delhomme did.

Nope you proved me right. Thanks for playing.

College Career

Jake ended his college career at Louisiana-Lafayette as the all-time Louisiana college passing leader with 9,216 yards. He led the Ragin' Cajuns to three straight winning seasons in his four years as a starter and started the last 43 games of his career, which was the longest streak among active quarterbacks in the nation. Jake ranked ranked 22nd in NCAA history for passing yards and 28th for total offense at the close of his career.

So it was 8 years instead of 10 for Nall.

Jake had 43 starts in 8 to Nalls 14 in 10 years.
He was 22nd in NCAA History in passing yards to Nalls "whatever".

Again Ice thanks for making my point for me.

Bill Brasky
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Only problem is Craig Nall is not Jake Delhomme. You act like they're twin brothers because they both sat on the bench on some team.

If you want to compare him to other bench riders that got a chance to start, compare him to AJ Feeley.

Tunnel vision

ParanoidAndroid
04-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Children....please calm down.
Take your seats please and take out a sheet of notebook paper.
Today's notes:

A. Craig Nall is competing to be our starting QB
-maybe he will be
-maybe he won't
pro's -
1.He has a good head on his shouders
2.He has played very well against lesser competition.
3.Seems to have a leader's personality
con's -
1.Hasn't played against top level competition very much
2.Not the greatest athlete at his position
3.Did not prove to his former team that he was a QB of the future
B. Craig Nall likes our young and fast WR corps

Clas dismissed!
:D

EDS
04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Don't care what his numbers are.

Just looking at what the probability is that Another Tom Brady or Jake D is going to land in Buffalo with Nall's crappy history of playing marginal competition.

I am certaintly not saying Nall will every be a starter in the NFL, but there are alot of recent starting QB's who came from nowhere (i.e., second day draft picks or free agents) to become starters:

Tom Brady
Jake Delhomme
Trent Green
Kurt Warner
Matt Hasselback
Aaron Brooks
Jeff Garcia
John Kitna
Tom Maddox
Mark Bulger
Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Mark Brunell
Jay Fiedler
Gus Frerrotte
Josh McCown

All of those guys have started and had some modicum of success in the NFL, so to suggest that Nall can't succeed is not valid. Obviously the odds are against him, but there certaintly is plenty of precedent for players like Nall succeeding and beating the odds.

Michael82
04-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Craig Nall to Roscoe Parrish....:ill:

Does anyone else feel sick when they think of this?

John Doe
04-12-2006, 05:12 PM
will summarize.. the interview is on now.

- equal reps right now till someone sets themselves apart. he was just looking for a chance to play.. which is why he didnt stay in GB.. and it is what he will get in buffalo. a chance.

- he feels all three are learning a new system, so it will come down to who can learn the system the fastest and translate that knowledge to the field.

- he described his "style".. he learned alot from farve. on and off the field. how to be a real pro. gives it 100% all the time. he feels he can relate to everyone on the team. does his best to lead.

- his strong suits.. not a big runner.. he can if he needs to, but he trusts his Oline and will go as they go. he can make any throw on the field.. including down the field throws..

- why he left green bay.. he said he almost stayed in gb, because he might have got his shot against arron rodgers, but he isnt so sure brett is retiring.. juaron convinced him he will have a chance to show he is a starter, and he feels he can do that.. he felt his time was now to show what he can do, and he we wasnt so sure he would have gotten as good of a chance in gb as he will in buffalo.

- talked about brett farve.. blah blah blah.. i am so sick of hearing about farve.

- peerless price.. hasnt met him yet, but he thinks that since he is a "veteran" guy, he will help.

- he talked specifically about roscoe parrish.. said he could not believe how fast he is.. he said every time he threw the ball to him, it was behind him.. he said that he and josh reed are going to be awesome through the middle of the field.

- lee evans is awesome.. basically that is what he said.. he is ready to be a number one.

- he went back to roscoe again and said that he has never seen a guy come out of his break without losing speed.. roscoe is the only guy.. he said he is insanely fast and even quicker than that. he is so fast that sometimes you dont even have time to get your feet set.. you just have to flick it to him. the guy is in love with roscoe.

- he believes the wr group of price, evans, reed, parrish, and davis is incredibly fast and solid.. they have all kinds of guys.. possession, speed, quicks, leaping ability.

- more on brett.. blah blah blah.

- doesnt think that the next qb in green bay will get a fair shot.. he said the fans are so used to farve, that no matter who comes in next, they will not be brett and will suffer because the fans dont want to let brett go.

- more on roscoe.. jesus.. :lol: pivot route.. no one can cover him.

- looking forward to his chance to play. hopes that he can keep up the great track record of green bays back ups going elsewhere and doing very well.

-

Great report Tatonka.

The reason why I don't think that Peerless Price will unseat Parrish as the third reciever was confirmed by Nall: Roscoe is the quickest wide-out that I have ever seen.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I am certaintly not saying Nall will every be a starter in the NFL, but there are alot of recent starting QB's who came from nowhere (i.e., second day draft picks or free agents) to become starters:

Tom Brady
Jake Delhomme
Trent Green
Kurt Warner
Matt Hasselback
Aaron Brooks
Jeff Garcia
John Kitna
Tom Maddox
Mark Bulger
Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Mark Brunell
Jay Fiedler
Gus Frerrotte
Josh McCown

All of those guys have started and had some modicum of success in the NFL, so to suggest that Nall can't succeed is not valid. Obviously the odds are against him, but there certaintly is plenty of precedent for players like Nall succeeding and beating the odds.

Never said can't but said extremely unlikely.

I'd take my chances on the lottery's odds than on Nall's.

Don't Panic
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I hate to hear people dismiss Nall as a QB before he get's a chance... in fact, I hate to see them do that about any young QB. The bottom line is that Nall/JP (at least JP with another year of experience) makes for a much more competitive/productive QB battle than what we went through last year. We should be happy for that much. Not neccesarily satisfied just yet, but happy that the situation has improved. JP deserves a shot to show what he can do (especially with what we have invested in him), but so does Nall. I truly believe that Jauron will give both a fair shot and make a good call on who get's the nod. And that is the best thing we can have happen at this point.

Night Train
04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Parrish may be the fastest WR he's ever seen but the next tackle Parrish breaks will be his first. A gust of wind flattens him.

I can only hope he bulked up to 160 . :nervous:

ibatiger
04-12-2006, 10:47 PM

Sherman tried to get Nall to come to Texas, as did his former QB coach who is now the OC at Minnesota, Bevell. Carr is still solid with Texas though. It was between Green Bay, Minnesota and Buffalo, and apparently the combination of money and opportunity was greatest at Buffalo.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Sherman tried to get Nall to come to Texas, as did his former QB coach who is now the OC at Minnesota, Bevell. Carr is still solid with Texas though. It was between Green Bay, Minnesota and Buffalo, and apparently the combination of money and opportunity was greatest at Buffalo.
So you his brother or his girlfriend?

ibatiger
04-12-2006, 10:55 PM

He's dead on. Thompson came in and picked Rodgers. That was all on him. He picked him and he'll live or die with him. That's why Nall got out of town. Had nothing to do with their respective talent levels. The coaches and players knew who was the better QB between Nall and Rodgers. Recently Donald Driver said that Nall was a good as Favre. He didn't even mention Rodgers in the interview. We all know players are human and can exaggerate, but that statement tells you all you need to know about the QB situation at Green Bay with Rodgers. Hopefully, for Green Bay's sake, Rodgers is just a slow learner. But he has shown no willingness to throw the ball downfield. My experience in watching QBs play tells me that when a QB checks down all the time it's because he CAN'T throw it downfield. Or else he would.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Funny, I didn't see an article or heard any news about sherman wanting nall.
His only visit was to Minnesota besides b-lo according to new reports.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 10:57 PM
He's dead on. Thompson came in and picked Rodgers. That was all on him. He picked him and he'll live or die with him. That's why Nall got out of town. Had nothing to do with their respective talent levels. The coaches and players knew who was the better QB between Nall and Rodgers. Recently Donald Driver said that Nall was a good as Favre. He didn't even mention Rodgers in the interview. We all know players are human and can exaggerate, but that statement tells you all you need to know about the QB situation at Green Bay with Rodgers. Hopefully, for Green Bay's sake, Rodgers is just a slow learner. But he has shown no willingness to throw the ball downfield. My experience in watching QBs play tells me that when a QB checks down all the time it's because he CAN'T throw it downfield. Or else he would.

You're a ringer for a long time nall fan. When did driver say that?
In any case, I've never heard any wr besides TO come and say a qb sucks.

Dicknoze69
04-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Every one of us wants Buffalo to have a top-notch QB. No one, not even professionals, can accurately judge QBs.

Therefore, we increase the odds of finding one by bringing in a greater quantity of QBs.

Ron Wolf believes in drafting or adding a QB every year, and then letting them compete for jobs. He's forgotten more about football than I know. Why couldn't Craig Nall be good?

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Every one of us wants Buffalo to have a top-notch QB. No one, not even professionals, can accurately judge QBs.

Therefore, we increase the odds of finding one by bringing in a greater quantity of QBs.

Ron Wolf believes in drafting or adding a QB every year, and then letting them compete for jobs. He's forgotten more about football than I know. Why couldn't Craig Nall be good?

Not that he couldn't, just real bad odds cosidering his experiance and competition level.

ibatiger
04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
You're a ringer for a long time nall fan. When did driver say that?
In any case, I've never heard any wr besides TO come and say a qb sucks.

He said it on ESPN a few weeks ago. The Packer boards went into meltdown over it. You have to take it with a grain of salt for sure, as it was a receiver saying it. But the bottom line is that Thompson came into Green Bay and screwed up by drafting Rodgers. Can't blame Nall for skipping town. I live in his hometown and have followed his career. I do know a lot about him. And it's all good. Sherman did put in a good word for Nall to the Texas GM, but Nall didn't pursue it as he did Minnesota and then Buffalo. The reasons were obvious. He didn't feel he would have a real shot to start as long as Carr was there. Texas had just given Carr a big vote of confidence. Texas would have only paid Nall backup money. BTW, I also saw a lot of Losman when he played at 1aa, er, excuse me, 1a Tulane as well. I think Nall is definitely better, but Losman has had a couple of years in the league as well as those starts last year. It will be a good race.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Where did you hear about sherman putting in a good word for nall?

You're saying nall is better than losman? That's stretching it. Losman came in his second year and put up decent numbers for his experience. Losman at this point in time is more proven, not much, but but more proven than nall from game experience in this league. He's also way more talented.

As much as you'd like to blame thompson for drafting rodgers, he's not the only one considered drafting rogers. The war room involves everyone and that means there's plenty of input.

Night Train
04-13-2006, 02:21 AM
The war room involves everyone and that means there's plenty of input.
Not when TD was in Buffalo. Then it was all about his niche picks.

I'm so happy he isn't here for this draft.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-13-2006, 04:19 AM

I read this too somewhere, but can't recall where now.

I guess I'm like a lot of people here in that I can't quite understand why you seem to be so dead-set against Nall, Kerr? I can understand that you may be put off by ICE's somewhat over-the-top assessment of Nall and his prediction that Nall will be the Bills' starting QB this season--but, that's ICE, always a little over-the-top when presenting his POV--but, what I can't understand is your adamant stance that "Nall stinks" and resistance to even the suggestion that he might show the ability to be a starting QB for the Bills, even without having ever seen him play.

Now, don't mistake what I am saying: I don't know how good or bad Nall can or will be. I don't have a position either way because I haven't seen him play. I just want the Bills to find a QB who can win games for them in the NFL. While I happen to like JP Losman a lot and hope that he can be that QB, I'm not ruling out Nall--because at this point I don't know what he can do--and I am interested in seeing him play.

I understand that Nall doesn't have much of a pedigree and that, based on history and his lack of NFL game experience, the odds are that he may be nothing more than a back-up. But, on the other hand, everything that I have read about Nall's stay in Green Bay and what his coaches there and other coaches elsewhere have said about him has been positive. They said a lot of good things about him in Green Bay and, before Rodgers was drafted last year, there was talk about him taking over for Favre when Favre was talking about retiring at the time. I read that Minnesota was very high on him, really wanted him and was very disappointed when he signed with Buffalo. So, obviously, someone has seen something in him.

What? How much? Enough to make him another Delhomme or Hasselbeck? Who knows? But, some people around the NFL have seen something in him that has led them to think that he can play and perhaps even be a starting QB in the NFL.

So what have you seen of Nall that absolutely convinces you that he has no chance: that "he stinks"? His past history? Yeah, it's undistinguished. But, it was undistinguished before he went to NFLE, before any of these teams thought he could make a regular season NFL roster. Is it possible that he has done something in practices, training camp scrimmages, preseason games, etc. that has caused these people around the league to think that he has some potential to be a starting QB in the NFL? What makes you so sure that he hasn't? I'm not saying that he has--I don't know--but what makes you so dead certain that he hasn't?

The odds? Well, yeah, the odds are against it and against him. The odds are that he will be nothing more than a mediocre back-up. But, we know what the Bills already have: Holcomb, a mediocre career back-up, and Losman, a talented, but slow developing prospect. So, why not give Nall a shot? Sure the odds are against him being anything more than a younger version of Holcomb, but what if he comes in and proves all of those people who think he can be a quality starting QB in the NFL right? And, if he does and he plays better than Losman and Holcomb, why shouldn't he get the Bills' starting QB job? What makes you so absolutely certain that he cannot beat the odds? And, what if he does?

I can understand that you say that the odds are against him and that you doubt that he has what it takes. I can accept that. But, what I don't understand is your insistence that "he stinks" without ever really had a chance to see him play? If you are basing your comments on a belief that the Bills should have tried to bring in some other QB to compete for the starting QB job this year, who? And, be realistic in terms of how much that QB would have cost and how much that cost would impact the team in other areas: Brees failed Miami's physical, Culpepper would have cost a 2nd round pick, a lot of money and his health would have been a "question-mark", so who else?

You may be right: Nall might be a bum. On the other hand, ICE might be right: Nall may turn out to be the Bills' starting QB and play well. The odds would seem to favor your opinion, but, right now, none of us has seen Nall play and IMHO it is a little early to say which way things will go. And, as a result, in all fairness, I join Tatonka and some others in asking why you are so adamant in your opinion that "Nall stinks"?

Kerr
04-13-2006, 10:12 AM
I read this too somewhere, but can't recall where now.

I guess I'm like a lot of people here in that I can't quite understand why you seem to be so dead-set against Nall, Kerr? I can understand that you may be put off by ICE's somewhat over-the-top assessment of Nall and his prediction that Nall will be the Bills' starting QB this season--but, that's ICE, always a little over-the-top when presenting his POV--but, what I can't understand is your adamant stance that "Nall stinks" and resistance to even the suggestion that he might show the ability to be a starting QB for the Bills, even without having ever seen him play.

Now, don't mistake what I am saying: I don't know how good or bad Nall can or will be. I don't have a position either way because I haven't seen him play. I just want the Bills to find a QB who can win games for them in the NFL. While I happen to like JP Losman a lot and hope that he can be that QB, I'm not ruling out Nall--because at this point I don't know what he can do--and I am interested in seeing him play.

I understand that Nall doesn't have much of a pedigree and that, based on history and his lack of NFL game experience, the odds are that he may be nothing more than a back-up. But, on the other hand, everything that I have read about Nall's stay in Green Bay and what his coaches there and other coaches elsewhere have said about him has been positive. They said a lot of good things about him in Green Bay and, before Rodgers was drafted last year, there was talk about him taking over for Favre when Favre was talking about retiring at the time. I read that Minnesota was very high on him, really wanted him and was very disappointed when he signed with Buffalo. So, obviously, someone has seen something in him.

What? How much? Enough to make him another Delhomme or Hasselbeck? Who knows? But, some people around the NFL have seen something in him that has led them to think that he can play and perhaps even be a starting QB in the NFL.

So what have you seen of Nall that absolutely convinces you that he has no chance: that "he stinks"? His past history? Yeah, it's undistinguished. But, it was undistinguished before he went to NFLE, before any of these teams thought he could make a regular season NFL roster. Is it possible that he has done something in practices, training camp scrimmages, preseason games, etc. that has caused these people around the league to think that he has some potential to be a starting QB in the NFL? What makes you so sure that he hasn't? I'm not saying that he has--I don't know--but what makes you so dead certain that he hasn't?

The odds? Well, yeah, the odds are against it and against him. The odds are that he will be nothing more than a mediocre back-up. But, we know what the Bills already have: Holcomb, a mediocre career back-up, and Losman, a talented, but slow developing prospect. So, why not give Nall a shot? Sure the odds are against him being anything more than a younger version of Holcomb, but what if he comes in and proves all of those people who think he can be a quality starting QB in the NFL right? And, if he does and he plays better than Losman and Holcomb, why shouldn't he get the Bills' starting QB job? What makes you so absolutely certain that he cannot beat the odds? And, what if he does?

I can understand that you say that the odds are against him and that you doubt that he has what it takes. I can accept that. But, what I don't understand is your insistence that "he stinks" without ever really had a chance to see him play? If you are basing your comments on a belief that the Bills should have tried to bring in some other QB to compete for the starting QB job this year, who? And, be realistic in terms of how much that QB would have cost and how much that cost would impact the team in other areas: Brees failed Miami's physical, Culpepper would have cost a 2nd round pick, a lot of money and his health would have been a "question-mark", so who else?

You may be right: Nall might be a bum. On the other hand, ICE might be right: Nall may turn out to be the Bills' starting QB and play well. The odds would seem to favor your opinion, but, right now, none of us has seen Nall play and IMHO it is a little early to say which way things will go. And, as a result, in all fairness, I join Tatonka and some others in asking why you are so adamant in your opinion that "Nall stinks"?

Simple. Right now he's all hype and until he proves otherwise, he sucks.

I just can just see it now-Billy Joe Hobert part 2 w/o the playbook relapse.

HAMMER
04-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Exactly. I feel with his background he has a good shot and at worse gives us one hell of a backup. As for JP, I have been a JP fan from day one, but the kid has shown me nothing mentally. he has all the physical tools you could ever want, but his decision making has sucked so far.

Shown you nothing mentally,WTF do you expect, he has 8 starts. It takes time to get the mental part of the game down, 20 -30 starts.