PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Craig Nall on Siruis

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Forked from: Craig Nall on Siruis (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1441228)

Since you've gone silent I'll answer it for you.

14 games

2 at LSU
12 at Northwestern State University.

In 10 YEARS

Give me a break Drew Henson has more experiance than this guy.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Rest of his experiance in teh last 10 years is mop up duty and 8 NFLE games against nothing but Division 2 talent.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Nall has been in the league 4 years.

Jake Delhome spent 5 years in New Orleans. His stats were..

6 Games played in, with 2 starts. 50/86 (58.1%) 634 yards 3 tds 5 ints

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1626

He was alocated to NFLE TWICE. Once as Kurt Warners backup (another castoff from Green Bay) and then again to the Galaxy leading them to a championship. BUT if you look at his stats, not very impressive.

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/archive/01272004_10jake

So again the FACTS are Nall has just as good a shot to be a success as anyone that has come from Green bay and just as much a chance to succeed (depending on the TEAM) as Delhome did in Carolina. Delhome, like Nall, did NOTHING until going to a new team.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 04:42 PM
College Career

Jake ended his college career at Louisiana-Lafayette as the all-time Louisiana college passing leader with 9,216 yards. He led the Ragin' Cajuns to three straight winning seasons in his four years as a starter and started the last 43 games of his career, which was the longest streak among active quarterbacks in the nation. Jake ranked ranked 22nd in NCAA history for passing yards and 28th for total offense at the close of his career.

So it was 8 years instead of 10 for Nall.

Jake had 43 starts in 8 to Nalls 14 in 10 years.
He was 22nd in NCAA History in passing yards to Nalls "whatever".

Again Ice thanks for making my point for me.

Michael82
04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Craig Nall as our starter....:ill:

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Craig Nall as our starter....:ill:

Only chance that happens is if Troy Vincent breaks JP's leg again. No way he starts. Drew Henson looks like a cagey vet compared to him.

Dozerdog
04-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Here's a novel Idea- let the QB that plays the best in camp/preseason win the job.

If the other two can't beat Nall, they don't deserve the starting job.

Sounds simple to me.

patmoran2006
04-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Nall has been in the league 4 years.

Jake Delhome spent 5 years in New Orleans. His stats were..

6 Games played in, with 2 starts. 50/86 (58.1%) 634 yards 3 tds 5 ints

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1626

He was alocated to NFLE TWICE. Once as Kurt Warners backup (another castoff from Green Bay) and then again to the Galaxy leading them to a championship. BUT if you look at his stats, not very impressive.

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/archive/01272004_10jake

So again the FACTS are Nall has just as good a shot to be a success as anyone that has come from Green bay and just as much a chance to succeed (depending on the TEAM) as Delhome did in Carolina. Delhome, like Nall, did NOTHING until going to a new team.

Craig Nall has more in common with about 400 backup QB's in this league right now than he does with Jake Delhomme.

Just because he came from a team that's produced good future QB's will mean he's one of them. To hope he'll be good is fine, to compare him with Jake Delhomme is stupid

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 08:51 PM
College Career

Jake ended his college career at Louisiana-Lafayette as the all-time Louisiana college passing leader with 9,216 yards. He led the Ragin' Cajuns to three straight winning seasons in his four years as a starter and started the last 43 games of his career, which was the longest streak among active quarterbacks in the nation. Jake ranked ranked 22nd in NCAA history for passing yards and 28th for total offense at the close of his career.

I completely disproved you, but you arnt man enough to admit it. and is Louisiana-Lafayette a real school?

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Craig Nall has more in common with about 400 backup QB's in this league right now than he does with Jake Delhomme.

Just because he came from a team that's produced good future QB's will mean he's one of them. To hope he'll be good is fine, to compare him with Jake Delhomme is stupid

I proved differently. But again because it is me posting it you have to respond with a totally moronic post. Nothing new, I should be used to it by now.

ddaryl
04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I could care less

He's here and he's gonna compete

Nobody here knows much about him, and lesser Qb's before him have risen up and made names for themselves.

Just let the guy compete. If he wins the job then he deserves to start. End of discussion

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I could care less

Nobody here knows much about him, and lesser Qb's before him have risen up and made names for themselves.

Just let the guy compete. If he wins the job then he deserves to start. End of discussion

Exactly.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I completely disproved you, but you arnt man enough to admit it. and is Louisiana-Lafayette a real school?

Did you make it through grade school? Just wondering because your perception of the truth is awfully messed up. I don't want ot get into a political conversation here but I'm pretty sure where we'd be going.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:16 PM
College Career

Reply to this Ice and tell us all why you are so enlightened.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:18 PM

And by the way, you should be man enough to put your name out there when you neg me son.

patmoran2006
04-12-2006, 09:20 PM
And by the way, you should be man enough to put your name out there when you neg me son.
Trust me you aint the first its happened too, and TRUST ME even more you wont be the last. .. I dont think I've ever negged someone once.. This is football talk, not an arcade game.

Space Invaders is over that way -------->

and btw.. I'm all for giving Nall a chance.. that's "fair".. to mention him in the same breath with Delhomme is not only absurd, its "unfair".

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Trust me you aint the first its happen too, and TRUST ME even more you wont be the last.

and btw.. I'm all for giving Nall a chance.. that's "fair".. to mention him in the same breathe with Delhomme is not only stupid, its "unfair".

Totally agree, but to be in any way hopefull he is the next Jake or Brady is flat out ignorant.

I'm talking sub 50 IQ ignorant.

Bulldog
04-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Did you make it through grade school? Just wondering because your perception of the truth is awfully messed up. I don't want ot get into a political conversation here but I'm pretty sure where we'd be going.

How does this have anything to do with politics?

patmoran2006
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Nuthin wrong with being HOPEFUL...

But.. To PREDICT it because GB has produced Hasselbeck, Brooks and whomever else is really really dumb..

They also produced Doug Pederson, whats the point?

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Nuthin wrong with being HOPEFUL...

But.. To PREDICT it because GB has produced Hasselbeck, Brooks and whomever else is really really dumb..

They also produced Doug Pederson, someone Nall couldnt beat out for second string BEFORE Aaron Rodgers was drafted.

Being hopeful is not inherently wrong. But Travis Brown had just as good of credentials as this stiff and it would have been "ignorant" to think he was going to be a starter for us.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
How does this have anything to do with politics?

Just a feeling I get as to his outlook on life. Normally it is pretty easy to read.

Bulldog
04-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Totally agree, but to be in any way hopefull he is the next Jake or Brady is flat out ignorant.

And you would have been the first one to say the same thing about Kurt Warner. I'm not saying Nall is the answer, but for you to sit there and say that he has no chance at success is equally ignorant. Last time I checked neither you or Pat were GMs in the NFL, so spare us the act like you two know more than the rest of us FANS!

Bulldog
04-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Just a feeling I get as to his outlook on life. Normally it is pretty easy to read.

Care to explain?

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Blair Kiel had as much credentials as well. Don't forget him!

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
And you would have been the first one to say the same thing about Kurt Warner. I'm not saying Nall is the answer, but for you to sit there and say that he has no chance at success is equally ignorant. Last time I checked neither you or Pat were GMs in the NFL, so spare us the act like you two know more than the rest of us FANS!

I never said no chance.

Just said the odds are very very long. That is a fact.

Bulldog
04-12-2006, 09:43 PM
I never said no chance.

Just said the odds are very very long. That is a fact.

I'll give you that. It's my hope that JP steps his game up and Nall becomes an after thought. The one thing I don't want to see is Holcomb starting the whole season because he gives us the best chance to win. I just want to know if Buffalo has its QB of the future on this roster or not. If they don't, then its time to move on and go in another direction. The part that pissed me off the most about last season is the fact that we still don't know if Losman is the answer or not. TD and that dickwad Mularky wasted a whole season messing around with Holcomb. Good riddance!

ibatiger
04-12-2006, 09:43 PM
College Career

If Nall hadn't been recruited by national schools (most SEC schools and most notably Spurrier at Florida and DiNardo at LSU) then he might have settled for going to USL (University of Southwestern La. now known as University of Louisiana at Lafayette) or a similar school and he would have probably had a godzillion yards or whatever. He had some unbelievably bad luck at LSU along with an idiot coach and then injuries (Saban's first year) including the broken thumb while holding for the kicker. He went to NSU, which is a better football program than UL Lafayette, even if it is 1aa. He unseated a seasoned, successful starter in one Spring practice and broke virtually every record at NSU in one season, including many of Bobby Hebert's. That season included beating TCU on the road and falling one bad officials call short of upsetting Montana in -20 degree weather in the playoffs. He obviously was carrying the team with his passing and only one real receiver on the team. The Montana game was probably the reason Green Bay drafted him in the fifth round and had him the fourth best QB in the draft despite his being a virtual unknown. He has huge all weather hands and throws it as hard as necessary. If the receivers in NFL Europe could have caught his ball in the first two or three games his completion percentage would have been 70% or more and he would have broken every passing record over there that he failed to. He learned to take a little off the ball and throw with a little more touch at Green Bay. He was retained by Green Bay after competition with A. Smith and Tim Crouch and others particularily because he throws an accurate bomb a mile down the field. His greatest attributes though are his leadership skills. His coach at NSU said he was like having a coach in the huddle. He is a pure bred winner. I was surprised how well Delhomme did at Carolina. I would rate Nall a better QB than Delhomme in every area. But Delhomme has actually done it and at this point Nall is only potential, as far as being a starter goes. I wouldn't bet against him. Losman has his work cut out for him if he is to beat out Nall. If he does then I'll be the first to congratulate him and we'll have a good QB. But I'd put my money on Nall.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
If Nall hadn't been recruited by national schools (most SEC schools and most notably Spurrier at Florida and DiNardo at LSU) then he might have settled for going to USL (University of Southwestern La. now known as University of Louisiana at Lafayette) or a similar school and he would have probably had a godzillion yards or whatever. He had some unbelievably bad luck at LSU along with an idiot coach and then injuries (Saban's first year) including the broken thumb while holding for the kicker. He went to NSU, which is a better football program than UL Lafayette, even if it is 1aa. He unseated a seasoned, successful starter in one Spring practice and broke virtually every record at NSU in one season, including many of Bobby Hebert's. That season included beating TCU on the road and falling one bad officials call short of upsetting Montana in -20 degree weather in the playoffs. He obviously was carrying the team with his passing and only one real receiver on the team. The Montana game was probably the reason Green Bay drafted him in the fifth round and had him the fourth best QB in the draft despite his being a virtual unknown. He has huge all weather hands and throws it as hard as necessary. If the receivers in NFL Europe could have caught his ball in the first two or three games his completion percentage would have been 70% or more and he would have broken every passing record over there that he failed to. He learned to take a little off the ball and throw with a little more touch at Green Bay. He was retained by Green Bay after competition with A. Smith and Tim Crouch and others particularily because he throws an accurate bomb a mile down the field. His greatest attributes though are his leadership skills. His coach at NSU said he was like having a coach in the huddle. He is a pure bred winner. I was surprised how well Delhomme did at Carolina. I would rate Nall a better QB than Delhomme in every area. But Delhomme has actually done it and at this point Nall is only potential, as far as being a starter goes. I wouldn't bet against him. Losman has his work cut out for him if he is to beat out Nall. If he does then I'll be the first to congratulate him and we'll have a good QB. But I'd put my money on Nall.

Welcome to the boards Craig! J/K lol.

Bottom line for me is Drew Henson has more QB experiance than Nall. 14 games in 10 years????

Don't care about his circumstances, don't care what some internet poster says about his mythical arm strength.

The odds are so small that someone who has that little experiance will break through as a leader of a team at the top of his field and excel, that it's not even worth getting excited about.

Yes I hope for the Bills sake that the mirical that it would take to make him Jake or Tom happens, and I will root for the Bills no matter what.

I'm just not holding my breath.

Really?? Am I the only one who thinks that 14 games of experiance in 10 years is remarkably little for some to have such high hopes?

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 10:00 PM

Bottom line for me is Drew Henson has more QB experiance than Nall. 14 games in 10 years????

Don't care about his circumstances, don't care what some internet poster says about his mythical arm strength.

The odds are so small that someone who has that little experiance will break through as a leader of a team at the top of his field and excel, that it's not even worth getting excited about.

Yes I hope for the Bills sake that the mirical that it would take to make him Jake or Tom happens, and I will root for the Bills no matter what.

Really?? Am I the only one who thinks that 14 games of experiance in 10 years is remarkably little for some to have such high hopes?

How many games for Brady in college? It happens. What is funny is we keep hitting you with facts and you keep saying 'I don't care'. Sorry but that doesn't make your posts worth replying to.

ibatiger
04-12-2006, 10:07 PM

Actually Nall has very little in common with virtually every other QB who has ever been a backup. The fact is that for all the talk about his limited experience being in mop up, his performance in that limited experience is probably the best record by far of any backup (present of former backup and any current starter who was a backup for a time) ever. If a QBs performance as a backup is so meaningless, then why don't all backups have gaudy numbers? The fact is that they virtually all do very dismally in backup duty, posting ratings that are usually in the 50 to 60 range and very commonly near zero. You can argue all you can that limited backup duty is meaningless in assessing a QBs potential, but all you can really say is that if a QB does poorly in backup duty then you can't say that he won't be a good starter if given the chance. Obviously, a QB with limited talent won't get a chance to start. But Nall is not in that catagory. He obviously has a load of talent. All you have to do is watch him play. While scouts and talent evaluators will differ in their opinions about players, there are certainly a lot of talent evaluators who think Nall has good talent and only lacks experience. The main difference between Nall and Delhomme is that Delhomme has had that chance to show what he can do as a starter and Nall hasn't. Nall and Delhomme are actually very similar. They both were men among boys in NFLE, with Nall actually having the better of that. They both did well in backup duty when getting rare chances, again with Nall doing better. In each of their cases there were some organizations that had the foresight to project their abilities forward as a potential starter and liked what they saw, and was willing to pay them and give them a chance. It will be a good competition. Nall isn't here to make anybody else work harder, but to win the job. Whoever wins the job will deserve it.

ibatiger
04-12-2006, 10:20 PM

Who came up with 14 games? He started all of NSU's games the year he was there and 10 games in NFLE. That's 20 or 21 games plus one or two at LSU. BTW, he fractured a bone in his leg early in a game at NSU and finished the game and played the rest of the season on the fracture with some kind of soft cast/brace on his leg.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
How many games for Brady in college? It happens. What is funny is we keep hitting you with facts and you keep saying 'I don't care'. Sorry but that doesn't make your posts worth replying to.

Here's your problem son, you hit us with facts like this........

John Doe plays $10 dollars a day on the lottery starting at age 20. The odds to hitting the lottery is 1 in 3000000000000. John Doe wins a 50 Million powerball therefore it is an "exciting", "good" investement.

My facts are like this.

I invest $10 dollars a day in a growth stock mutual fund starting at age 20. While there is no chance I'll make 50 million on it, there is a very good chance (absolute if you follow the history of the market) that I will have at least 1 million when I retire at 65.

You say it's possible, and I agree.

I just say that it is not a very good bet.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Who came up with 14 games? He started all of NSU's games the year he was there and 10 games in NFLE. That's 20 or 21 games plus one or two at LSU. BTW, he fractured a bone in his leg early in a game at NSU and finished the game and played the rest of the season on the fracture with some kind of soft cast/brace on his leg.

First of all I would argue that only 2 of the games were meaningful (LSU games). Northeast Layfayette State or whatever is where little skinny kids like me get to go and play ball. NFLE are division 2 normally undrafted people.

I'm not saying there isn't a chance, just saying it is so, so, very small.

This kid hasn't played hardley any meaningful minutes against competition with any caliber. Yet some still think that he can lead a NFL team in teh regular season.

dplus47
04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
The fact is that for all the talk about his limited experience being in mop up, his performance in that limited experience is probably the best record by far of any backup (present of former backup and any current starter who was a backup for a time) ever.

the rest of your post was good, but 33 attempts is not what i would call a body of work. 33 attempts isn't a large enough sample to qualify as the best anything of all time.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 11:08 PM
the rest of your post was good, but 33 attempts is not what i would call a body of work. 33 attempts isn't a large enough sample to qualify as the best anything of all time.

Not even better than Rob Johnson.

Dicknoze69
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I could care less

I love when logical posts get completely ignored for the sake of banter between posters.

We all know that we need a good QB, and it's extremely difficult to find one; therefore, having more decent QBs increases our chances of finding one.

No one has a clue where NFL good starting QBs come from. If they did, there wouldn't be giant mistakes on them in the draft. I don't see the problem with bringing in Nall and having all of them compete for the job.

Our scouts obviously see something, and we are gambling that he may pan out. If Nall turns out to be a good starter, the reward for us is huge. If he sucks, we didn't lose very little.

BidsJr
04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I love when logical posts get completely ignored for the sake of banter between posters.

We all know that we need a good QB, and it's extremely difficult to find one; therefore, having more decent QBs increases our chances of finding one.

No one has a clue where NFL good starting QBs come from. If they did, there wouldn't be giant mistakes on them in the draft. I don't see the problem with bringing in Nall and having all of them compete for the job.

Our scouts obviously see something, and we are gambling that he may pan out. If Nall turns out to be a good starter, the reward for us is huge. If he sucks, we didn't lose very little.

The point is these posters are gushing over this guy for no reason other than he is different.

I would love for him to come in lights out, but considering his experiance and competition level I just don't really have high hopes.

Kerr
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm very confident that nall won't win the starting job.

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm very confident that Omar Jacobs will be starting by week 6 for this team, personally.

dplus47
04-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Not even better than Rob Johnson.

on a buffalo board with a discussion of backups, does it have to be a dolphins fan who says "frank reich?" as far as backups go, i would take frank reich over craig nall in a second, numbers or no numbers.

people can create reasons why nall hasn't started many games in such a long time, but the underlying thing is this: QB's need to play in order to develop. sure, they need to be able to watch and learn and break down film, but ultimately, they need to play. QB's from a good program are no guarantee of success: each individual is different. look at a.j. feeley's lack of experience since high school. look at his (albeit modest) success in philly under andy reid. look at how awful he was in miami. you never know until a guy is actually the starter.

we all know nall has some ability; now he may get a chance to prove it. i find it funny all the comparisons that are flying around, considering how little the guy has seen the field. if i were a bills fan, i'd be somewhat hopeful, but i would try to temper it a little bit, because the odds are long. besides, tempered expectations are part of what makes a pleasant surprise a pleasant surprise. if you go in on day 1 expecting delhomme or brady right away, it's not likely to be a fun experience.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 07:06 AM

LMAO Whatever.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 07:08 AM

Two things, 1) You need to talk to Pat about what posts like that get you. 2) I remember fellow Carolina fans saying the same crap about Jake. Now maybe Nall makes it, maybe he doesn't, but he has a much better chance than not of doing so

madness
04-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Here's a novel Idea- let the QB that plays the best in camp/preseason win the job.

If the other two can't beat Nall, they don't deserve the starting job.

Sounds simple to me.

The post that uses logic and common sense always gets overlooked in this forum. Hey Dozerdog, take your meaningful dribble somewhere else!