PDA

View Full Version : Jets sign Teague

Crisis
04-12-2006, 05:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2406714

Saratoga Slim
04-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I hope he starts for them:

1) because I have no ill will towards him and wish him well. he wasn't a great player for us at C, but he played hard and was a pretty positive locker room influence as far as I'm aware.

2) because it will be fun to watch our own DTs run him over on the way to someone else's QB for a change.

Forward_Lateral
04-12-2006, 05:32 PM
:lolpoint: Jets

acehole
04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
hahahahaah

Night Train
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I can already point out an obvious weakness on the Jets line. It's wherever Teague is playing.

BleedinGreenNC
04-12-2006, 06:00 PM
typical

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Of course the Jets sign Teague and you all mock it...but we sign Fowler and you all applaud it. Hate to break it to you, Teague is a far more experienced and accomplished NFL player.

bigbub2352
04-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Larry Triplett Pro Bowl here i come Tre Teague was awful at C would have been better at LT but non the less he sucked here, played hard but not hard enough

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Of course the Jets sign Teague and you all mock it...but we sign Fowler and you all applaud it. Hate to break it to you, Teague is a far more experienced and accomplished NFL player.

I hate to break it to you, but your personal hate of him being a browns fan is not allowing you to see how he developed while STARTING for the Vikes. He did a hell of a job and is ready to be a good center in this league.

Teague on the other hand has played much longer, flat out sucks, is a turnstile to the QB and wont' get any better.

I love him starting for them. Tripplet and Ngata will be in the Jets backfield all day long.

patmoran2006
04-12-2006, 09:09 PM
HOLD ON A SECOND..

where did this NGATA come from?!????

Statman
04-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I hate to break it to you, but your personal hate of him being a browns fan is not allowing you to see how he developed while STARTING for the Vikes. He did a hell of a job and is ready to be a good center in this league.

Teague on the other hand has played much longer, flat out sucks, is a turnstile to the QB and wont' get any better.

I love him starting for them. Tripplet and Ngata will be in the Jets backfield all day long.
There's not much difference between the two. Fowler is younger.

BleedinGreenNC
04-12-2006, 09:21 PM

Cause you looked into your crystal ball?

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM

Here's what Fowler brings to the table on the field, aside from everything that happened during his career as a bench rider. He can't call out line assignments worth spit, he has a hitch in his snap, bobs his head-a lot, he's a decent pass blocker at best, run blocking? You better have a FB in the backfield to help him on a DT or else you're gonna see Willis stuffed on any run up the middle.

Like you've stated with other players that are low to mid range type players....except of course for the guys Buffalo has signed that is....if they were that good, their original team would retain them, and with Fowlers' versatility, if you want to call it that he would be more attractive to the team that traded for him just last year. Seeing he can sort of play guard, you'd think Minnesota would want to keep him from depth at the very least. Plus if he was as good as you try to imply starting, they could move him to guard and line him up next to Birk.

Sportsuser101
04-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Why in the world didn't we resign this guy? Now we have Melvin Fowler or Duke Preston starting at center for us? :roflmao:

Sportsuser101
04-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Larry Triplett Pro Bowl here i come Tre Teague was awful at C would have been better at LT but non the less he sucked here, played hard but not hard enough

Some of you guys need to pay attention to the games more closely.

Forward_Lateral
04-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Some of you guys need to pay attention to the games more closely.

What, you didn't see Teague on his back half of the time?

Night Train
04-13-2006, 08:56 AM

Hate to break this to you. I watched Teague laying on his back for the last 3 years, while opposing DT's ran over and by him.

He's horrible and I'll take my chances with Fowler, thank you.

footballhottie
04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Thank ****ing god

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Teague was a technically sound player, and a smart center.

He just did not have the physical skills for the center position.

Our line won't be any worse without him, but I don't think we have upgraded at that position.

The Jets had to cut Mawae for salary cap reasons, and Teague came cheap.

At least we know Teague's weaknesses and might be able to exploit them if he starts.

TedMock
04-13-2006, 09:11 AM
he's a decent pass blocker at best

This is really what I'm interested in. Teague was a very intelligent center, as is Fowler. Neither guy is particularly good at straight ahead run-blocking. Teague, however, was a straight liability in the passing game. He could call assignments well, and all that stuff. Fowler is also an intelligent center, so I'm not concerned with him in that regard. Where I'm a little concerned is when we need to power ahead for a yard or two. He does block fairly well in space, so we may see him pulling a lot. Anyway, what I was getting at is that he's a better pass blocker. The way our interior line was last year in that regard was just so painful to watch. Most of the pressure came right up the gut, and you could see that it was the Teague/Anderson combo on the inner left that was allowing the pressure. Oddly enough, our "never played there before" and "was out of the league because he's injury prone" tackles actually played pretty well. A QB needs a pocket to step into.

mysticsoto
04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Teague was a technically sound player, and a smart center.

He just did not have the physical skills for the center position.

Our line won't be any worse without him, but I don't think we have upgraded at that position.

The Jets had to cut Mawae for salary cap reasons, and Teague came cheap.

At least we know Teague's weaknesses and might be able to exploit them if he starts.

I agree to an extent - Teague was technically sound and a smart center. However, with the physical skills, Teague never did anything to position himself physically. Shaud Williams came back last year completely buffed after he had asked the coaches what he should do in the offseason to get better. So much more buffed was he, then in TC I had to look up his number in the guide to find out who he was - I could not recognize him at all. Teague had years to work out and improve himself physically. He did not. I always felt like he did the minimum he could in that position. For that, I do fault him. Physical strength is one of the "easier" parts that you can improve on yourself. What you need is motivation and will power. Given that Teague never did this, I was happy to see him leave here...we need ambitious go-getters that strive to continually be better. If Teague had TKO's self motivation and will power, he could have been a top Center in the league!

BillsFever21
04-13-2006, 09:56 AM

Don't waste your breath.

footballhottie
04-13-2006, 09:58 AM
O come off it it. he is to small and to stupid to be out center

Sportsuser101
04-13-2006, 11:16 AM
How about some facts instead of opinions.

Trey Teague, in 3 years at center, gave up 1 sack total and 9 total penalties. Thats 2/4 of being a center that he was very productive at. 2 of those years he had Drew behind center. His run blocking was decent to average and his line calls from what I can tell were decent.

He wasn't great but he was defintely worth resigning especially over what we have now.