X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Jets sign Teague

The Jets, who last month released six-time Pro Bowl center Kevin Mawae for salary cap reasons, found his replacement, reaching agreement with Trey Teague.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Jets sign Teague

I hope he starts for them:

1) because I have no ill will towards him and wish him well. he wasn't a great player for us at C, but he played hard and was a pretty positive locker room influence as far as I'm aware.

2) because it will be fun to watch our own DTs run him over on the way to someone else's QB for a change.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Jets

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

hahahahaah
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I can already point out an obvious weakness on the Jets line. It's wherever Teague is playing.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
            • Sep 2004

typical

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Of course the Jets sign Teague and you all mock it...but we sign Fowler and you all applaud it. Hate to break it to you, Teague is a far more experienced and accomplished NFL player.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Larry Triplett Pro Bowl here i come Tre Teague was awful at C would have been better at LT but non the less he sucked here, played hard but not hard enough
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Of course the Jets sign Teague and you all mock it...but we sign Fowler and you all applaud it. Hate to break it to you, Teague is a far more experienced and accomplished NFL player.
                  I hate to break it to you, but your personal hate of him being a browns fan is not allowing you to see how he developed while STARTING for the Vikes. He did a hell of a job and is ready to be a good center in this league.

Teague on the other hand has played much longer, flat out sucks, is a turnstile to the QB and wont' get any better.

I love him starting for them. Tripplet and Ngata will be in the Jets backfield all day long.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

HOLD ON A SECOND..

where did this NGATA come from?!????

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Statman
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      I hate to break it to you, but your personal hate of him being a browns fan is not allowing you to see how he developed while STARTING for the Vikes. He did a hell of a job and is ready to be a good center in this league.

Teague on the other hand has played much longer, flat out sucks, is a turnstile to the QB and wont' get any better.

I love him starting for them. Tripplet and Ngata will be in the Jets backfield all day long.
                      There's not much difference between the two. Fowler is younger.
                      Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                        • Sep 2004

Cause you looked into your crystal ball?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Here's what Fowler brings to the table on the field, aside from everything that happened during his career as a bench rider. He can't call out line assignments worth spit, he has a hitch in his snap, bobs his head-a lot, he's a decent pass blocker at best, run blocking? You better have a FB in the backfield to help him on a DT or else you're gonna see Willis stuffed on any run up the middle.

Like you've stated with other players that are low to mid range type players....except of course for the guys Buffalo has signed that is....if they were that good, their original team would retain them, and with Fowlers' versatility, if you want to call it that he would be more attractive to the team that traded for him just last year. Seeing he can sort of play guard, you'd think Minnesota would want to keep him from depth at the very least. Plus if he was as good as you try to imply starting, they could move him to guard and line him up next to Birk.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Why in the world didn't we resign this guy? Now we have Melvin Fowler or Duke Preston starting at center for us?
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              Larry Triplett Pro Bowl here i come Tre Teague was awful at C would have been better at LT but non the less he sucked here, played hard but not hard enough
                              Some of you guys need to pay attention to the games more closely.
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X