PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Schein Accurate Remarks on Wilson & Bills

patmoran2006
04-12-2006, 07:18 PM
9. Ralph Wilson really needs to stop talking. He has done a lot of good for the Bills, Western New York, and the NFL, but now he is embarrassing himself and killing the esteem of the Bills and their fans. To say that the new CBA hurts the Bills and other small market/revenue teams is simply an ignorant statement. The new CBA allows the Bills to retain their own free agents in the future. The new CBA ensures that they receive money from higher revenue clubs. And I cannot stomach listening to an owner crying poverty when he refuses to go out and make millions of dollars for his stadium's naming rights. In talking to Gene Upshaw, the executive director of the player's association, he frankly sounded flabbergasted listening to Wilson's reaction to the new CBA,

I spent seven wonderful years of my life in Syracuse, New York and care deeply about upstate New York, caring deeply about people in cities that are in the heart of Bills country like Syracuse, Rochester, Watertown, and especially Buffalo.

The Bills fans don't need to listen to Wilson fabricate sob stories nor do they need to hear threats of relocation, when the residents of lovely Western New York are so emotionally and financially attached to the team. They deserve better and this team can still win playing in Buffalo if they make the right football decisions. They deserve better than listening to an owner sound so clueless about something so important.

And the CBA had nothing to do with signing Robert Royal.

I just hope Wilson zips his lips.

The Bills fans deserve it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5497044

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 08:49 PM
You mean ralph may have shot his mouth off without knowing what the hell he was talking about? Nah...that would never happen...

patmoran2006
04-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I dont necessarily disagree with Ralph wanting to get politicians involved and things like that.. But to hold a press conference and publicly BLAST the owners you ultimately need your support from, is absurd.

ICE74129
04-12-2006, 09:00 PM
absurd. That and some other choice words are perfect to describe Ralph Wilson

OpIv37
04-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry but Schein is wrong. He's only telling half the story.

The CBA guarantees the players a percentage of the revenue. So when teams like the Cowboys and Redskins make more unshared revenue, the salary cap goes up, so teams like the Bills are forced to pay more in player salaries (or suffer the disparity of other teams having higher payrolls) while their revenue isn't increased at all.

The salary cap and revenue sharing are good things for buffalo, but he completely neglected this point.

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Sorry but Schein is wrong. He's only telling half the story.

The CBA guarantees the players a percentage of the revenue. So when teams like the Cowboys and Redskins make more unshared revenue, the salary cap goes up, so teams like the Bills are forced to pay more in player salaries (or suffer the disparity of other teams having higher payrolls) while their revenue isn't increased at all.

The salary cap and revenue sharing are good things for buffalo, but he completely neglected this point.

Op, but Buffalo is one of the bottom 1/3 in revenue and would get supplemental revenue from the top 1/3 if they meet qualifiers, so that would up their revenue and be able to afford them to spend more to compete. It's the teams in the middle 1/3 that get screwed on this IMO. Again, this depends on what the qualifiers are of course.

I would assume the qualifiers are meant for teams like arizona who couldn't sell tickets worth a damn so the Joneses and Snyders don't give out free handouts to teams who do nothing. Which I can't blame them for not wanting to give money to another owner who doesn't do things to maximize his own profits.

Why should 1 owner, even if he is in a larger market, work his ass off to support a bottom feeder who does nothing? just my two cents.

OpIv37
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Op, but Buffalo is one of the bottom 1/3 in revenue and would get supplemental revenue from the top 1/3 if they meet qualifiers, so that would up their revenue and be able to afford them to spend more to compete. It's the teams in the middle 1/3 that get screwed on this IMO. Again, this depends on what the qualifiers are of course.

I would assume the qualifiers are meant for teams like arizona who couldn't sell tickets worth a damn so the Joneses and Snyders don't give out free handouts to teams who do nothing. Which I can't blame them for not wanting to give money to another owner who doesn't do things to maximize his own profits.

Why should 1 owner, even if he is in a larger market, work his ass off to support a bottom feeder who does nothing? just my two cents.

right, supplemental revenue from the SHARED portion. But the UNSHARED revenue also drives up the price of player salaries. Buffalo will NEVER be as profitable in terms of naming rights, luxury boxes, etc as larger cities- why should Buffalo be penalized just because the local area isn't as large or as rich?

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 09:34 PM
right, supplemental revenue from the SHARED portion. But the UNSHARED revenue also drives up the price of player salaries. Buffalo will NEVER be as profitable in terms of naming rights, luxury boxes, etc as larger cities- why should Buffalo be penalized just because the local area isn't as large or as rich?

Well naming rights Ralph won't sell for whatever reason. I won't get into them. So that part is a non-issue, I do believe he could get around 3 million a year on them for whatever that amounts to.

Luxury boxes I can agree somewhat on those, depending on how they're marketed and priced. I'm sure they can make a little more money on them than they are now, but it's like drop in the bucket more, nothing to write home about.

I do agree that Buffalo shouldn't be penalized because of it, but on the same token why should the top 1/3 in revenue be penalized either? And what exactly would be a happy medium in the situation?

OpIv37
04-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Well naming rights Ralph won't sell for whatever reason. I won't get into them. So that part is a non-issue, I do believe he could get around 3 million a year on them for whatever that amounts to.

Luxury boxes I can agree somewhat on those, depending on how they're marketed and priced. I'm sure they can make a little more money on them than they are now, but it's like drop in the bucket more, nothing to write home about.

I do agree that Buffalo shouldn't be penalized because of it, but on the same token why should the top 1/3 in revenue be penalized either? And what exactly would be a happy medium in the situation?

the NFL should have had the backbone to stand up to the greedy ****ing players and say they don't deserve 60%.

Mr. Pink
04-12-2006, 10:04 PM
the NFL should have had the backbone to stand up to the greedy ****ing players and say they don't deserve 60%.

Reason behind that?

We go/watch on TV because of players not owners. They're the ones' that take a punishment day in day out and could be paralyzed at any instant, see D. Byrd or D. Stingley. The owner sits in his cushy box, makes decisions and gets rich off it. While there is nothing wrong with that, I agree, they're entrepeneurs who are in a VERY lucrative business all around and that goes for every team. The players are the ones' that make the league go, not so much the owners.

Or do you think it should be a fair split down the middle?

Mski
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
i also dont agree with RW about not being able to raise ticket prices. all the seats in the lower bowl are completely sold out between the tens to season ticket holders, and when i heard that those seats are only $70 more/seat then mine for an entire season i was shocked, then called up the ticket office to try to relocate to one of those sections only to be told that i would have to be put on a waiting list $470 for lowerbowl tickets between the 20's is absourd and RW could easily get $150/seat more for them. sure if the prices went up some people would believe that the seats werent worth that mcuh, but seeing as i was told i would have to be put on a waiting list, those seats would be filled as soon as they were forefitted IMO

Mski
04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
oh i forgot to mention my tickets are in the tunnel endzone

Michael82
04-13-2006, 10:34 AM
oh i forgot to mention my tickets are in the tunnel endzone
Mine too. :up:

Mski
04-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Mine too. :up:

used to be in sec 123 rows 16 and 17, there were 23 of us with tickets together..... BTW were you one of the ones that was always getting kicked out by security for causing a ruccus? we have now moved to sec 119

SABURZFAN
04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
i wish the Old Fart would shut up.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 04:46 AM
But to hold a press conference and publicly BLAST the owners you ultimately need your support from, is absurd.
No it's not, when you haven't been able to get their attention any other way, and the life of your franchise hangs in the balance.

Guys like Jones, Snyder and Kraft have such big egos that, instead of trying to kiss their butt, sometimes you need to shoot them in the face.

Night Train
04-14-2006, 05:30 AM
No it's not, when you haven't been able to get their attention any other way, and the life of your franchise hangs in the balance.

:bf1: Exactly.

Shein was also the drip who stated the Bills would never be able to trade Moulds and should just cut him. Nice call, mullet.

Michael82
04-14-2006, 10:04 AM
used to be in sec 123 rows 16 and 17, there were 23 of us with tickets together..... BTW were you one of the ones that was always getting kicked out by security for causing a ruccus? we have now moved to sec 119
Nope, never kicked out yet. :up:

I like to go to the game and enjoy it without getting drunk. Hell, I usually don't drink much, if any beer.

I'm in section 123, row 4, seat 3. :D