• Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Chargers trade CB Sammy Davis to 49ers in exchange for WR Rashuan Woods

49ers | Woods traded for Davis
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:21:32 -0700
    The San Francisco 49ers have traded WR Rashaun Woods to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for CB Sammy Davis.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Chargers trade CB Sammy Davis to 49ers in exchange for WR Rashuan Woods

Looking more and more like my first "reach/surprise" in Round 1 will be the 49ers drafting Santonio Holmes.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Niners have no receivers left. Maybe they Take Davis and move him to receiver.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

He was awesome on those Dean Martin Celebrity roasts

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          He was awesome on those Dean Martin Celebrity roasts

Sure- he's Jewish, Blind in one eye, diabetic...and oh yeah...dead.......

And Bills fans ***** about Marv Levy signing Robert Royal

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EDS
            Niners have no receivers left. Maybe they Take Davis and move him to receiver.
            Niners did pick up Antonio Bryant in Free Agency....after him they have....ummmm.....uhhhhh.....I think the dead Sammy Davis could line up for them right now actually, or even Dozer for that matter!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

LOL Dozer.

I liked Rashaun Woods coming out of college (Oklahoma State I think). pretty fast, great hands.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                Looking more and more like my first "reach/surprise" in Round 1 will be the 49ers drafting Santonio Holmes.
                certainly wouldn't hurt us any. if niners took Holmes and Jets took a QB, we'd be pleasantly surprised as someone real big would still be there at 8.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I dont even think Holmes is the first WR taken in the draft, and sure as hell not in the top ten.

Chad Jackson goes bye bye first.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I dont even think Holmes is the first WR taken in the draft, and sure as hell not in the top ten.

Chad Jackson goes bye bye first.
                    If they are taking a WR it would be smart to take Jackson. He has size, speed, and hands. It all showed at the NFL Combine. He had a impressive showing.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• dplus47
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      i love holmes (BUCKEYE!), but at the niners' spot that's way too high. i do like his game better than jackson's, but i'd fall out of my chair if either one is a top 10 pick. i think philly at #14 is more realistic.

davis makes a lot of sense to me for the niners, because alex smith needs a security blanket or something. a good TE can be just that.

Comment

• Oaklandraider
                        Smarter than they think
                        • May 2005

LOL there taking vernon no matter what now

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by dplus47
                          i love holmes (BUCKEYE!), but at the niners' spot that's way too high. i do like his game better than jackson's, but i'd fall out of my chair if either one is a top 10 pick. i think philly at #14 is more realistic.

davis makes a lot of sense to me for the niners, because alex smith needs a security blanket or something. a good TE can be just that.
                          I couldn't agree more!

The first thought that came into my head when I read about this was that there is now just about a zero chance that Vernon Davis will fall to the Bills. If SF does not take him themselves, they will trade down with some team that will--far enough down that they can still get a WR in the first round.

With E.Johnson having suffered serious injuries the last two year, I can't see SF passing up the chance to take Vernon Davis, though. TE is just too much of a key position for them and now they know that they really can't count on Johnson to make it through a season, no matter how productive he has been for them when healthy.
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                            I couldn't agree more!

The first thought that came into my head when I read about this was that there is now just about a zero chance that Vernon Davis will fall to the Bills. If SF does not take him themselves, they will trade down with some team that will--far enough down that they can still get a WR in the first round.

With E.Johnson having suffered serious injuries the last two year, I can't see SF passing up the chance to take Vernon Davis, though. TE is just too much of a key position for them and now they know that they really can't count on Johnson to make it through a season, no matter how productive he has been for them when healthy.

You'd be surprised. Mike Rumph didn't work out at FS and is being moved back to corner. They just might decide to draft Huff as their new FS next to the other guy with one testicle.

Comment

Working...
                            X