PDA

View Full Version : Clements should be traded

Kerr
04-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Nice read.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-clements130406.php

BillsFever21
04-13-2006, 09:44 AM
I want Clements back but if he doesn't want to be here then trade his ass. I don't want players on the team that doesn't want to be here and is just looking to collect a paycheck. If we could at least get a high 2nd and a mid round pick I'd take it.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Nice read.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-clements130406.php

I agree 100%. Look I said this in another thread, he has spent his first few years here and is already tired of the mess. He saw moulds get out and get his money, now he wants his.

I do NOT agree with what CB's are paid now. It is QB money, BUT If I were clements at his age and 5 years in, I would want a shot at that Jack too.

Trade him for a low first or high 2nd. In that situation I say take Huff to replace him and address DT etc in the 2nd or with the lower first rounder

HHURRICANE
04-13-2006, 09:53 AM
At some point we can't trade away all of our talent. Shawn Alexander did the same thing last year and ended up signing in the end.

With some help upfront, the secondary could be awesome. We need to keep Clements!!

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Good article, I would not be oppossed to this even if we got a player and maybe a 2nd rd pick I agree if he does not want to play here trade his ass and stock up on the draft, Eric King, Jabari Greer both real young lot of potential Nate always seemed like he didnt want to be here in my opinion

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 09:59 AM
At some point we can't trade away all of our talent. Shawn Alexander did the same thing last year and ended up signing in the end.

With some help upfront, the secondary could be awesome. We need to keep Clements!!

Alexander and Clements are on opposite ends of the team player/ Class scale. Trade Clements

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2006, 09:59 AM

We want to keep him, but he doesn't want to sign the franchise tender. And we're not ready to overpay for a long term deal.

Trade him to Houston too and get their 33 overall pick.

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Knowing Houston though, they'll probably offer their 4th. :(

BillsFever21
04-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Good article, I would not be oppossed to this even if we got a player and maybe a 2nd rd pick I agree if he does not want to play here trade his ass and stock up on the draft, Eric King, Jabari Greer both real young lot of potential Nate always seemed like he didnt want to be here in my opinion

King or Greer wouldn't be an option. If we could trade him and replace him with that pick then go for it. I don't want players on the team that doesn't want to be here.

BillsFever21
04-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Knowing Houston though, they'll probably offer their 4th. :(

And Marv would probably settle for a 3rd.

If we did happen to trade him Marv wouldn't be able to squeeze out the best pick for him. He got bent over in the Moulds deal. He didn't stand his ground. That's not a good sign for future transactions.

NorthCarBills
04-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I absolutely agree with a trade for a high 2nd round pick. I have never liked his attitude or personality (I wonder what his wonderlick is). He's always come across as an arrogant "me" type player. I base this on a couple of interviews he had on the old Mike Malarkey Show. Marv is trying to get a team together that believes in the "team" concept. If he does not want to be here, adios. Get something for him while we can.

Question - which teams still need a CB that would pick relatively high in 2nd round?

footballhottie
04-13-2006, 10:12 AM
axe him too! lil pooer

Edit: Do not swear and allow for the filter to catch it -DB

Mahdi
04-13-2006, 10:21 AM
I absolutely agree with a trade for a high 2nd round pick. I have never liked his attitude or personality (I wonder what his wonderlick is). He's always come across as an arrogant "me" type player. I base this on a couple of interviews he had on the old Mike Malarkey Show. Marv is trying to get a team together that believes in the "team" concept. If he does not want to be here, adios. Get something for him while we can.

Question - which teams still need a CB that would pick relatively high in 2nd round?
Saints, Jets, Titans, Packers, Raiders, Niners, Lions and Cards all have significant needs at the CB position. There are lots of teams who im sure would consider a trade for Clements. But I think, like the article says that if its a second we should get a 5th with it.

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 10:38 AM
I agree King and Greer wouldnt be an option but they would be good to secure nickel and dime position plus the two guys we signed James Bathea and Kiwaukee Thomas and they still have some camp foder and Kevin Thomas who is coming off serious injury so we do have some depth is all i was saying It would not be like we got nobody there

Dont drink the water
04-13-2006, 10:53 AM
We want to keep him, but he doesn't want to sign the franchise tender. And we're not ready to overpay for a long term deal..
He'll sign or he will sit and wait. If he decides to come back week 10 or whenever he can at last minute then stick him on all special teams and make sure they fine him for every cent they can.

don137
04-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Why is the tender 7.2MM and not the 5.8MM originally projected for DBs?

Like it was posted earlier, franchise tagged players rarely go to these minicamps because they could hurt themselves so they are advised by there agent not to attend. To me it is the author trying to make something out of nothing.
The author is just suggesting it may be in the best interest to trade him becasue the Bills are not eager to long term him and hat is what Clements wants. So? This happens multiple time every year to teams. If Clements produces he will be rewarded. If he sucks it up like last year and is burned often he won't have much value to us but who is to tell? Its hard to believe Clements can go from pro-bowl player to burnt toast in one year especially at his age.

mayotm
04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Why is the tender 7.2MM and not the 5.8MM originally projected for DBs?

Like it was posted earlier, franchise tagged players rarely go to these minicamps because they could hurt themselves so they are advised by there agent not to attend. To me it is the author trying to make something out of nothing.
The author is just suggesting it may be in the best interest to trade him becasue the Bills are not eager to long term him and hat is what Clements wants. So? This happens multiple time every year to teams. If Clements produces he will be rewarded. If he sucks it up like last year and is burned often he won't have much value to us but who is to tell? Its hard to believe Clements can go from pro-bowl player to burnt toast in one year especially at his age.I believe it changed with the new CBA, but not positive.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
We want to keep him, but he doesn't want to sign the franchise tender. And we're not ready to overpay for a long term deal.

Trade him to Houston too and get their 33 overall pick.

There ya go Mr M

The last buffalo fan
04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
And Marv would probably settle for a 3rd.

If we did happen to trade him Marv wouldn't be able to squeeze out the best pick for him. He got bent over in the Moulds deal. He didn't stand his ground. That's not a good sign for future transactions.

Wrong. EMo was out of the team anyway, ridiculous salary and wasn't willing to stay. Marv got a draft pick for him. It was a bad move, huh?

TacklingDummy
04-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Saints, Jets, Titans, Packers, Raiders, Niners, Lions and Cards all have significant needs at the CB position. There are lots of teams who im sure would consider a trade for Clements. But I think, like the article says that if its a second we should get a 5th with it.

You can add the Bills to that list if they traded Clements.

Hey, while the Bills are at it they should trade McGahee, Evans, Schobel, Fletcher and Spikes too.

HAMMER
04-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Nothing less than a first if we did. Take Jimmy Williams at 8, then take the best available DL/OL available with the second 1st rounder.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Nothing less than a first if we did. Take Jimmy Williams at 8, then take the best available DL/OL available with the second 1st rounder.

Williams or Huff at CB. I agree Williams might be better. Then go DT with our next pick. I am definately down with that

John Doe
04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Trading Clements would be a collossal mistake.