PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Draftboy

northernbillfan
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Cooper Wallace 6’3" 262lbs 40yd dash-4.8 Auburn Projection:6th Rd Positive: Wallace has a great bust off the line and really can blow by linebackers who are not as quick in their back pedal. He is also a good blocker and can hold his man at the point of attack in most cases. He has a wide base so it make it difficult for speed rushers to easily run around him and his powerful legs allow him to hold up blocks well. He is very adapt at locating soft spots in coverage and sitting in them, and he also has soft hands which allow him to haul in many receptions...

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/04/13/the_bills_zones_draft_sleeper_picks_positional_breakdown_part_4_fbstes.php)

DraftBoy
04-13-2006, 11:47 AM
This is one is a TE-FB combo article, same length...hope you all enjoy

Saratoga Slim
04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the hard work, DB.

Is Daimon Shelton still alive? he's a good blocker, but not much else.

Any FBs in the draft that you think would be worth a pick (late round)? I am utterly unfamiliar with the FBs in this year's draft.

DraftBoy
04-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the hard work, DB.

Is Daimon Shelton still alive? he's a good blocker, but not much else.

Any FBs in the draft that you think would be worth a pick (late round)? I am utterly unfamiliar with the FBs in this year's draft.

Id hope Shelton is still alive he's our starting FB.

FB's this year, Id say get Runnels from OU, he's the best blocker of the bunch.

casdhf
04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for a comparrison, it helps me kinda get an idea of the kind of player we may be able to expect.

DraftBoy
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for a comparrison, it helps me kinda get an idea of the kind of player we may be able to expect.

Well I did it because you ask for it, take into consideration the comparisons are only true if the player reaches his full potential. Most of these guys need a year or two on the bench before seeing consistent time. I dont know if you saw it but I listed comparisons for all the past articles in yesterday's thread.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Outstanding work as usual!

But....

You are off on Runnels. He does catch the Ball well, and can run when needed. The problem is, if he had played for someone else besides OU, then he would be rated much higher. He would have had a better chance to show off all of his skills.

As for as athleticism here are his pro day numbers....

JD Runnels:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Vertical jump 35”
Standing broad jump 10’
40 yard dash 4.54 seconds
Short shuttle 4.25 & 4.30 seconds<o:p></o:p>
3 cone shuttle 7.0 seconds<o:p></o:p>
225lb Bench 28 Reps

That is pretty athletic for a FB.

But like I said I appreciate your work, and we agree to disagree on this one player :beers:

Saratoga Slim
04-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Outstanding work as usual!

But....

You are off on Runnels. He does catch the Ball well, and can run when needed. The problem is, if he had played for someone else besides OU, then he would be rated much higher. He would have had a better chance to show off all of his skills.

As for as athleticism here are his pro day numbers....

JD Runnels:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Vertical jump 35”
Standing broad jump 10’
40 yard dash 4.54 seconds
Short shuttle 4.25 & 4.30 seconds<o:p></o:p>
3 cone shuttle 7.0 seconds<o:p></o:p>
225lb Bench 28 Reps

That is pretty athletic for a FB.

But like I said I appreciate your work, and we agree to disagree on this one player :beers:

dude, Runnels sounds like quite a FB on paper. 4.5 is solid. and 28 reps is pretty strong for a fullback. hell there are top OL prospects that didnt beat that (Max Jan Gilles, Jon Scott, Daryn Colledge).

DraftBoy
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
dude, Runnels sounds like quite a FB on paper. 4.5 is solid. and 28 reps is pretty strong for a fullback. hell there are top OL prospects that didnt beat that (Max Jan Gilles, Jon Scott, Daryn Colledge).

Yea he is one hell of a one on paper, but unfortunately he doesnt run as well as his speed looks bc of his vision and lack of cut back ability, and he doesnt have good hands when catching the ball or running, he is by far though the best blocking FB in the draft and I hope we draft him.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Yea he is one hell of a one on paper, but unfortunately he doesnt run as well as his speed looks bc of his vision and lack of cut back ability, and he doesnt have good hands when catching the ball or running, he is by far though the best blocking FB in the draft and I hope we draft him.

And again, thanks for doing this stuff. It is going to come in handy on draft day esp day 2. Any chance you can make the whole thing into a PDF for download?

DraftBoy
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
And again, thanks for doing this stuff. It is going to come in handy on draft day esp day 2. Any chance you can make the whole thing into a PDF for download?

I would but I am computer illiterate, maybe if somebody who has the knowledge is nice enough they could do it, by I am unable.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Good work again, can you compare any of these guys to players in the NFL?

I'm just kidding.