PDA

View Full Version : IF JP Develops this team will turn around in a hurry.....

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
JP is surrounded by some serious potential and talent in the RB,WR and TE position if/when we shore up the o-line we could be on our way in a hurry and here are my reasons why I think so..

1. New Offense-catered to a mobile QB with a strong arm/ not a drop back pocket passer which the old regime tried to make him.

2. Better TE's- Anyway you look at it Robert Royal and a healthy Kevin Everett and Tim Euhus will only help take some of the pass rush out of opposing defenses by giving him a saftey valve instead of 1 yard out Mark Campbell. Also provide much needed Red Zone threat.

3. Opposing Defenses have to respect our speed- Roscoe Parrish, Andre Davis, Lee Evans, and Peerless Price all run 4.4 or faster in the 40 doesn't matter how you argue that it has to be respected

4. O-Line- I believe that we will be better on the O-line there is alot of young potetntial there and IN MY OPINION we upgraded by letting Mike Williams go as well as Tre Teague, Jason Peters has a solid year as starter under belt Mike Gandy will be serviceable, plus we still have the draft to shore it up here.

5. RB- Willis will benefit from the offesive change plus using him to catch the ball out of backfeild will make Offense less one dimensional. as well both Robert Royal and Kevin Everett are good blockers, Oline should benefit from not running the ball up the middle every play and with respect given to WR defense cant key on run all day

This is assuming JP can devlop which i think he can, and be a good starting QB in this league ...

justasportsfan
04-13-2006, 01:48 PM
With all our speedsters wouldn't it be interesting if Jp could grasp the no huddle?

TacklingDummy
04-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Jp had more talent on offense last year. McGahee, Evans, Moulds and Campbell. How did that work out?

Since people want to compare the Bills offense to the Rams offense, Kurt Warner and MArk Bulger are not very moblie. So I don't see the need for for a moblie QB. I rather have a QB that can read a defense and who can get the ball away.

I don't recall a TE being that important to the Rams offense. So those who think the Bills are gonna draft a TE with their 8th pick are dreaming.

Iehoshua
04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't want a TE with the 8th pick, either...

justasportsfan
04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Jp had more talent on offense last year. McGahee, Evans, Moulds and Campbell. How did that work out?. Not very well in his first year with a horrible coaching staff. I doubt any rookie qb could've donr anything significant on last years team. Hell, not even Drew could do anything.

Since people want to compare the Bills offense to the Rams offense, Kurt Warner and MArk Bulger are not very moblie. So I don't see the need for for a moblie QB. I rather have a QB that can read a defense and who can get the ball away.

I don't recall a TE being that important to the Rams offense. So those who think the Bills are gonna draft a TE with their 8th pick are dreaming.I agree. Then again, MArv is the GM and he might incorporate a TE in the system like when he had the Kgun.

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 02:02 PM
How can you say Mark campbell had talent the guy was no exsistent his entire career here he had one good game, other than that he did nothing and he couldn't run block at all, Robert Royal at least can do that, plus if Kevin Everett has loads of potential and could be a a serious threat in the passing game and in the red zone something Mark Campbell was never a threat anywhere on the feild

TacklingDummy
04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
How can you say Mark campbell had talent the guy was no exsistent his entire career here he had one good game, other than that he did nothing and he couldn't run block at all, Robert Royal at least can do that, plus if Kevin Everett has loads of potential and could be a a serious threat in the passing game and in the red zone something Mark Campbell was never a threat anywhere on the feild

Im saying Mark Campbell because compared to Royal there was more talent last year catching the ball.

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 02:10 PM
I think you might wanna check the stat book on that

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I think they are pretty equal on that front but Mark Campbell is on down side of career and Robert Royal is only 27 and could improve vastly if used properly

Robert Royal 2005 18rec 138yds 1TD
Mark Campbell 2005 14rec 139yds 0TD

TacklingDummy
04-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Campbell: 12 games, 19 catches, 139 yards 0TDs

Royal: 14 games, 18 Catches, 131 yards, 1 TD.

Pretty much a wash. Stat. wise.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Campbell: 12 games, 19 catches, 139 yards 0TDs

Royal: 14 games, 18 Catches, 131 yards, 1 TD.

Pretty much a wash. Stat. wise.

But we gained a MUCH better blocker. In addition marv says he wasn't used properly in the passing game down in Washington. We will see.

Mr. Pink
04-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Apparently when comparing players we just got by one year nowadays....

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD>2003</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>339</TD><TD>10.0</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>2004</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>203</TD><TD>11.9</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>5</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>2005</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>139</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

GP/GS/Catches/Yards/Ave/Long/TD

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3><TD>2003</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>9.6</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>2004</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>8.8</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>2005</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>131</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So how is this a wash? If you say Royal wasn't used properly in the pass offense neither was Campbell. Yet he still has been more productive as an NFL player.

I see we also like to say youth....and while yes, we got younger, i agree. It's not like Campbell was 38 years old and was falling apart. He's 31 Royals' 27. Huge Difference or something.

The blocking bit I do agree with though, campbell was horrid in run blocking. Actually horrid doesn't really explain it quite well enough.

Meathead
04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
royal is a prototypical 2nd te and it is unlikely hes suddenly going to become an offensive star

im starting to believe that if davis is there at eight the bills pull the trigger

i know we dont want to hear this right now, me either, but fact is that it is far easier to get good production out of lower drafted linemen than tes so when you get a chance at an impact te you take it

its obvious this is a two-year process now (props to lecter for saying it first i believe). with the bills cap situtation and all those picks they have the luxury of being able to take a guy like davis and still fill all their needs in that time

its not impossible the bills could surprise everybody and become a playoff team but its unlikely. the easiest way that could happen is for one of the qbs to come out of the pack and have a hot season, and the best qb to do that would be jp. he has all the physical abilities youd could possibly want and could be a flutie-like terror with a cannon

another way is for the lines to surprise and gel, meaning that even adequate quarterbacking could take advantage of an elite runner and very fast recievers. thats where i think holcomb could come in and be an effective caretaker and stabilizing force. and the defense is plenty talented enough to be top half of the league if they dont hemmorage rushing yards like they did last season

still those are long shot scenarios. even if the bills made great selections and get two or three strong high round picks on the lines they arent going to improve anything right away. defensive tackle is a glaring weakness right now that only a veteran free agent would likely hold down adequately enough for the bills to contend - still could happen

again, jp would be the easiest. if he breaks out and can combine rushing yards with fewer sacks/tos and better accuracy, he could be a force. thats if if if is pure speculation but its not like he isnt following a pattern with other young qbs who become stars

:fingerscrossed:

jmb1099
04-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Jp had more talent on offense last year. McGahee, Evans, Moulds and Campbell. How did that work out?

I don't recall a TE being that important to the Rams offense. So those who think the Bills are gonna draft a TE with their 8th pick are dreaming.

I won't even get into it with you regarding Losman, but the te thing is a whole new issue.
How much more potent do you think the Rams might have been if they had a really decent te? Its all speculation I know, but Marv has always liked a decent te. There is the potential that we see him bring one in again. Again speculation...

justasportsfan
04-13-2006, 03:23 PM
royal is a prototypical 2nd te and it is unlikely hes suddenly going to become an offensive star

im starting to believe that if davis is there at eight the bills pull the trigger

i know we dont want to hear this right now, me either, but fact is that it is far easier to get good production out of lower drafted linemen than tes so when you get a chance at an impact te you take it

its obvious this is a two-year process now (props to lecter for saying it first i believe). with the bills cap situtation and all those picks they have the luxury of being able to take a guy like davis and still fill all their needs in that time

its not impossible the bills could surprise everybody and become a playoff team but its unlikely. the easiest way that could happen is for one of the qbs to come out of the pack and have a hot season, and the best qb to do that would be jp. he has all the physical abilities youd could possibly want and could be a flutie-like terror with a cannon

another way is for the lines to surprise and gel, meaning that even adequate quarterbacking could take advantage of an elite runner and very fast recievers. thats where i think holcomb could come in and be an effective caretaker and stabilizing force. and the defense is plenty talented enough to be top half of the league if they dont hemmorage rushing yards like they did last season

still those are long shot scenarios. even if the bills made great selections and get two or three strong high round picks on the lines they arent going to improve anything right away. defensive tackle is a glaring weakness right now that only a veteran free agent would likely hold down adequately enough for the bills to contend - still could happen

again, jp would be the easiest. if he breaks out and can combine rushing yards with fewer sacks/tos and better accuracy, he could be a force. thats if if if is pure speculation but its not like he isnt following a pattern with other young qbs who become stars

:fingerscrossed:well said Meath.. WTF? Who is this?

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 03:42 PM

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD>2003</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>339</TD><TD>10.0</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>2004</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>203</TD><TD>11.9</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>5</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>2005</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>139</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

GP/GS/Catches/Yards/Ave/Long/TD

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3><TD>2003</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>9.6</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>2004</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>8.8</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>2005</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>131</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So how is this a wash? If you say Royal wasn't used properly in the pass offense neither was Campbell. Yet he still has been more productive as an NFL player.

I see we also like to say youth....and while yes, we got younger, i agree. It's not like Campbell was 38 years old and was falling apart. He's 31 Royals' 27. Huge Difference or something.

The blocking bit I do agree with though, campbell was horrid in run blocking. Actually horrid doesn't really explain it quite well enough.

Again, MARV LEVY says he wasn't used properly... Not me, Marv.

ICE74129
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM

:fingerscrossed:

Who said it was a two offseason process? Hummmm....

And BTW I agree that marv may pull the trigger on Davis if there. Jim Kelly has been in his ear this offseason and *****ed all year last year that the TE's sucked and weren't used enough / properly.

Meathead
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
well said Meath.. WTF? Who is this?
you know you are free to bite me at any time

Jan Reimers
04-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I agree that JP's development will help us turn things around quickly, but we also need bigtime defensive help, especially at DT and Safety, and at least one more - and possibly two - O linemen.

This draft will be key to our future.

feelthepain
04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
JP is surrounded by some serious potential and talent in the RB,WR and TE position if/when we shore up the o-line we could be on our way in a hurry and here are my reasons why I think so..

1. New Offense-catered to a mobile QB with a strong arm/ not a drop back pocket passer which the old regime tried to make him.

2. Better TE's- Anyway you look at it Robert Royal and a healthy Kevin Everett and Tim Euhus will only help take some of the pass rush out of opposing defenses by giving him a saftey valve instead of 1 yard out Mark Campbell. Also provide much needed Red Zone threat.

3. Opposing Defenses have to respect our speed- Roscoe Parrish, Andre Davis, Lee Evans, and Peerless Price all run 4.4 or faster in the 40 doesn't matter how you argue that it has to be respected

4. O-Line- I believe that we will be better on the O-line there is alot of young potetntial there and IN MY OPINION we upgraded by letting Mike Williams go as well as Tre Teague, Jason Peters has a solid year as starter under belt Mike Gandy will be serviceable, plus we still have the draft to shore it up here.

5. RB- Willis will benefit from the offesive change plus using him to catch the ball out of backfeild will make Offense less one dimensional. as well both Robert Royal and Kevin Everett are good blockers, Oline should benefit from not running the ball up the middle every play and with respect given to WR defense cant key on run all day

This is assuming JP can devlop which i think he can, and be a good starting QB in this league ...

I just don't see it, with JP and a whole new system, the Bills did nothing so far this offseason to improve their Oline and that would be the biggest improvemnt needed to get JP turned in the right direction IMO. I think if you draft well, and no reason why you shouldn't, then add some pieces next year through FA then JP could have a chance next year. Based on all thats new and unproven for the Bills this year, it's highly unlikely JP will make the transition this season. BTW, JP will have to stay healthy and not miss one game either by injury of perfomance to make a noticable improvement. Wouldn't you agree?

TacklingDummy
04-13-2006, 06:53 PM

It's a Wash because we were comparing last year.

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 08:24 PM
remember that mark campbell had 3 tds in one game the only year he was productive, and other than that has missed substantial time do to injury, Anyway Everett in my opinion is the dark horse here if he can stay healthy and finally get on the feild he has loads of potential and i would have supported the campbell release just knowing he was coming back, loads of potential, size, speed (supposedly beat kellen winslow jr in a race and he used to run a 4.5 40) and he has good hands and his strength is blocking 89 knockdown blocks at the "U", either way these too combine can only help what was pathetic last year.

Kerr
04-14-2006, 06:58 AM
This offense is likely to be comparable to the rams offense.

Just because the rams offense never had a mobile qb, doesn't mean jp is not right for it. Mobility is a plus when the plays break down. Every qb wishes they had it. Even the slower ones.

ublinkwescore
04-14-2006, 09:30 AM
But we gained a MUCH better blocker. In addition marv says he wasn't used properly in the passing game down in Washington. We will see.

If marv says it, then as far as football goes for us Bills fans, it's gospel.