PDA

View Full Version : WE MAY HAVE A DIFFICULT CHOICE TO MAKE...

acehole
04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
There are increasing possibilities in this months draft.

I don't know how they would make this choice?

If D brick or Vernon Davis are available do take um?

While on the clock deciding.....4 teams want a trade up Arizona, Vikings, Denver and Ravens.

Arizona is offering there 10 and 2 to move up 2 spots.

Vikings are offering 17, 48, 51 and 3rd

Denver thier 2 #1's.

Ravens 1, 2, and 3 and Kyle Boller or 4th rounder.

Also Eagle are hot for Ngata...throw them in....

Sheesh?

Jan Reimers
04-13-2006, 04:42 PM
If we can get Ferguson, we should take him. He would give us a top rate LT for the next 10 years.

GarnOFreak
04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I agree with Jan, but will still be stunned that he is there when we pick. Due to which I hope we can trade down and fill several spots instead of taking a gamble with a pick so high with so many holes.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I agree with Jan, but will still be stunned that he is there when we pick. Due to which I hope we can trade down and fill several spots instead of taking a gamble with a pick so high with so many holes.
You're right. I don't think D'brick falls to 8, and Ngata and Bunkley may not be quite worth an 8 overall pick. And I definitely don't want Davis, with so many more crucial holes to fill. I would like the deal with the Vikings.

Hamilton Billsfan
04-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I voted for Denver because there is no chance D'Brick will be there at #8
Ranking them, my choices would be:

#1 D'Brick
#2 Ngata! because his name even sounds like a top-notch DT, It rolls off the tongue...just imagine, he's through the line and the QB is on the ground in pain, all in the time it takes to say his name....UNNNN....GATAAAA!....UNN... GOT YA!
#3 Denver, 2 #1's
#4 Ravens, #12 and a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year, they can keep Boller!
#5 Philly, #14 and a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year
#6 Minny, #17 and a 2nd this year and a 2nd and a 3rd next year
#7 Arizona, #10 and 2nd this year or next year
#8 any of the following in this order:
Huff
Davis
Bunkley
:couch:

Dr. Lecter
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
If Brick is there (highly unlikely) take him.

No questions asked. Davis is levels below him.

MTBillsFan
04-13-2006, 06:24 PM
If some how brick slips to us we NEED to take him. However, its unlikely and we should the the best available playa!
GO BILLS

acehole
04-13-2006, 06:41 PM
If we can get Ferguson, we should take him. He would give us a top rate LT for the next 10 years.

OK Devils advocate.... 4 extra pick?...possible picking up bunkley in the process?

Tough....

Jan Reimers
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
OK Devils advocate.... 4 extra pick?...possible picking up bunkley in the process?

Tough....
The extra picks ARE tempting. . . That's why Marv gets the big money.

TigerJ
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Is it actually documented that Arizona, Denver, and Baltimore all have offered those specific picks to move up, or is it still rumor at this point? How come the Vikings aren't in the poll?

bigbub2352
04-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Take D'Brick solidify line for ten years, Jason Peters 24, Duke Preston 24, Melvin Fowler 27, D'Brick 22, Mike Gandy 27

Meathead
04-13-2006, 08:29 PM
i think hes talking hypothetical for his poll tj

SABURZFAN
04-13-2006, 10:35 PM
d'brick nor davis will be there but i'll play along....

we take the minnesota deal and get mangold. :up:

Mr. Cynical
04-14-2006, 02:07 AM
Two words: fix oline.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-14-2006, 07:51 AM
The picks are tempting, but D'Brick is too good to pass up.

Sure you might get Bunkley and more picks, but you can get a DT later, in Round 2. And still get a safety and a WR in Round 3 (it isn't necessary to go O-line there because with D'Brick you don't really need to add an OG and you might get a decent prospect later, which you won't at WR).

I doubt it will happen, but I sure am hoping that it does!!!

acehole
04-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Is it actually documented that Arizona, Denver, and Baltimore all have offered those specific picks to move up, or is it still rumor at this point? How come the Vikings aren't in the poll?

Just speculation based on rumors based on value.

BillsFever21
04-14-2006, 08:20 AM
The Bills aren't willing to pay the money for top FA's or even their own FA's for that matter. They will sign a couple here and there but more players will walk away from Buffalo then being re-signed.

Since this is the case if we had a chance to move down some and pick up a couple extra 2nd round picks you gotta do it.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2006, 08:29 AM
The Bills aren't willing to pay the money for top FA's or even their own FA's for that matter. They will sign a couple here and there but more players will walk away from Buffalo then being re-signed.

Since this is the case if we had a chance to move down some and pick up a couple extra 2nd round picks you gotta do it.

Spikes
Milloy
Adams
Fletcher
Schobel
Moulds
Vincent
Clements
Posey
McGee

They have paid out big money in recent years.

Dozerdog
04-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Is it actually documented that Arizona, Denver, and Baltimore all have offered those specific picks to move up, or is it still rumor at this point? How come the Vikings aren't in the poll?None of those teams will trade up with Buffalo until the Bills are actually on the clock. It would make zero sense if those teams did it any earlier just to see their targeted guy off the boards.

Dozerdog
04-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Spikes
Milloy
Adams
Fletcher
Schobel
Moulds
Vincent
Clements
Posey
McGee

Add Tripplett to that group

acehole
04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
None of those teams will trade up with Buffalo until the Bills are actually on the clock. It would make zero sense if those teams did it any earlier just to see their targeted guy off the boards.<<

Yea thats the way it usually works?

Right so who is saying different?

BillsFever21
04-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Spikes
Milloy
Adams
Fletcher
Schobel
Moulds
Vincent
Clements
Posey
McGee

Adams didn't really cost all that much. His signing bonus was practically nothing and his contract was mostly incentive laden. We got a steal with Adams for the production he gave us.

Posey wasn't a big contract signing. His contract was very minimal. I don't remember exactly what it was but the average wasn't even 2 million a year.

Clements we haven't signed yet so where is that big money contract? He was a low first round pick that every team has to sign and they're not huge contracts.

Tripplet, Schobel and McGee were big contracts but nothing huge. They wern't top dollar contracts. They were 2nd level player contracts. Not anything like the top players would receive. Good money but nothing enormous. Especially Tripplet's contract with how the salaries went up isn't that much. I think he was averaging about 3.5 a year. Considering Royal, Price and Reed all got contracts averaging 2.5 million that's not a big money contract.

We got an absolute steal of Schobel. He could've made a ton more had he tested the FA market.

I'm talking about contracts the Top 5 players or so at their positon are gonna get with the double digit signing bonuses.

And we did spend a lot of money when TD first came here but Ralph isn't the type to consistently spend that kind of money on a multiple of players.

Sure certain players will get some 2nd level contracts for their position but Ralph will never spend as freely as he did when TD first came here on a consisten basis.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2006, 09:37 AM
The Bills are committted to 6 + million for Nate this year.

Schobel got pertty big money. Expecially for a pass rusher who has limited run stopping ability.

And Spikes, Moulds, Fletcher, Milloy are Vincent still apply.

Jerry-EP
04-16-2006, 12:36 AM
The only way we don't take D'brick (if he is there) is maybe trade with Denvers 2 first rd picks.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2006, 01:55 AM
The Bills have done a lot of stupid things in the draft... Flowers, Collins, and Mike Williams come to recent memory.

However, it might be the dumbest move in Buffalo Bills history if Brick is available and passed on.

acehole
04-16-2006, 08:56 AM
The Bills have done a lot of stupid things in the draft... Flowers, Collins, and Mike Williams come to recent memory.

However, it might be the dumbest move in Buffalo Bills history if Brick is available and passed on.

Yes you have to take dbrick if he is there or Davis IMHO.

Anybody else you take the best deal you can. I would either take the one of two or trade down no more than 1-5 spots and Get b Bunkly or ernie simms.

Or if we trade doen 5-10 spots you get youself a former top ten pick...E Winston.