PDA

View Full Version : It's inevitable the Bills will eventually go

Mitchy moo
04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
This just kills me:

They've been dropping hints for years as younger, absurdly wealthy owners began assuming power and the old guard died off. We can read between the lines. We know the NFL could do without poor little Buffalo and its economic problems while a potential gold mine in Los Angeles sits empty.

Hey, we get it.
Sports aren't really sports to the people that control them. Games are played under the guise of competition, but they're a means of stuffing pockets of people who don't need the money. There's so much dough involved in sports these days that the average person can't possibly keep up. No matter how confusing revenue sharing, television contracts and collective bargaining agreements have become, you can take this to the bank: The next owner who provides an accurate account of his profits will be the first. Every time an owner claims he's losing money, I'm convinced he's actually making less

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060414/1038154.asp?tbd1038154.asp

The King
04-14-2006, 08:18 AM
:hang:

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Nothing is certain Skooby. I was freaking out a couple days ago but it is out of my control so I am done with it.

Mitchy moo
04-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Nothing is certain Skooby. I was freaking out a couple days ago but it is out of my control so I am done with it.

I agree with you but just like I had posted before I think RW has a loss of income, not a loss for the year. Without knowing how many season tickets you have sold and how many games are going to be sold out or attended / cars parked / alcohol consumed / Food purchased , how can you be certain of what you are going to bring in?

Forbes figured $36 M in income and RW is now getting more and he is taking a loss?

RW maybe setting us up like bowling pins here, that's all this reporter is saying.

BillsFever21
04-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Why does everyone think it's guranteed that L.A. would be a goldmine. Them guys have so many things to do out west like surf. They also have many other teams to compete with. Sports teams are the last thing they care about spending their money on.

Tanning lotion, surfboards and tit jobs cost a lot of money and adds up over time.

How many teams have left L.A. over the years? I can think of two teams off the bat? I don't think there were anymore. Maybe an older NFL fan would be able to answer that. There have been two teams in my lifetime. I think that's all but not totally positive.

The Rams and Raiders both moved out of L.A. If it was such a goldmine then how come two teams have moved away from there?

Mitchy moo
04-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Why does everyone think it's guranteed that L.A. would be a goldmine. Them guys have so many things to do out west like surf. They also have many other teams to compete with. Sports teams are the last thing they care about spending their money on.

Tanning lotion, surfboards and tit jobs cost a lot of money and adds up over time.

How many teams have left L.A. over the years? I can think of two teams off the bat? I don't think there were anymore. Maybe an older NFL fan would be able to answer that. There have been two teams in my lifetime. I think that's all but not totally positive.

The Rams and Raiders both moved out of L.A. If it was such a goldmine then how come two teams have moved away from there?

Money problems and better gains elsewhere.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Bucky Gleason's attitude is typical of so many in the Buffalo area, i.e., "we're so poor, there's nothing we can do," blah blah blah.

His kind of negative thinking is what has turned the Buffalo region into such a mess.

Nothing is inevitable, particularly if people have enough spunk to stand up and fight for things, instead of always portraying themselves as victims.

Come on, Bills' fans and Western New Yorkers in general - suck it up, stop whining, stop giving up for once, have some pride in your area, and fight back.

The_Philster
04-14-2006, 09:24 AM
The Chargers were originally an LA team as well, Feve

Michael82
04-14-2006, 09:41 AM

They care more about their college teams than they would ever care about an NFL team. Plus, why the hell does California deserve 4 teams when the other 3 teams aren't big money makers anyways? :ill:

If they want an LA team, move the ****ing Raiders or Chargers!

Michael82
04-14-2006, 09:43 AM
And I must be in the minority, but I really think that the NFL knows it's not just Buffalo Bills fans in Western NY. They are spread all over the country and go to away games too. Truthfully, I think the NFL knows that they have a huge fan base and would not want to lose them. eVen though I don't trust the NFL, i don't see the State of NY letting Ralph or the NFL move them without a MAJOR FIGHT!

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
And I must be in the minority, but I really think that the NFL knows it's not just Buffalo Bills fans in Western NY. They are spread all over the country and go to away games too. Truthfully, I think the NFL knows that they have a huge fan base and would not want to lose them. eVen though I don't trust the NFL, i don't see the State of NY letting Ralph or the NFL move them without a MAJOR FIGHT!
Good Post, Mikey. I totally agree. We fans should join the county, state, Schumer and all the others who are on our side and fight like Hell to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Let's write letters, send emails, buy tickets and merchandise, and do anything else we can to show how much we care.

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Bucky Gleason's attitude is typical of so many in the Buffalo area, i.e., "we're so poor, there's nothing we can do," blah blah blah.

His kind of negative thinking is what has turned the Buffalo region into such a mess.

Nothing is inevitable, particularly if people have enough spunk to stand up and fight for things, instead of always portraying themselves as victims.

Come on, Bills' fans and Western New Yorkers in general - suck it up, stop whining, stop giving up for once, have some pride in your area, and fight back.
:bf1: I am in Jan!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
LETS FIGHT THIS!

Mitchy moo
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Let's go get emm!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Good Post, Mikey. I totally agree. We fans should join the county, state, Schumer and all the others who are on our side and fight like Hell to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Let's write letters, send emails, buy tickets and merchandise, and do anything else we can to show how much we care.
EXACTLY! I have two season tickets right now and I no one for my other seat, but I will find someone to take to each game. :up:

And if you are going to buy merchandise to help Ralph and the team out, get it at the Buffalo Bills store in Buffalo, Rochester or online. I read somewhere that all the profits from the team store go to Ralph, compared to if you buy a Bills shirt on NFL.com or at Dick's Sporting Goods.

http://www.buffalobillsproshop.com/

Michael82
04-14-2006, 10:36 AM
LETS FIGHT THIS!
Agreed! Let's do everything possible to help keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo FOREVER!

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Let's go get emm!!!!!!!!!!!
:bf1:

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Agreed! Let's do everything possible to help keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo FOREVER!
Great attitude, guys. Despite what that negative blowhard Gleason says, the Bills' moving is NOT inevitable.

Let's all get proactive - in every way we can - to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I am definitely going to renew my 4 tickets after this season for another 5 year contract period, as well as write to every interested politician I can think of. And that's for starters.

Michael82
04-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Great attitude, guys. Despite what that negative blowhard Gleason says, the Bills' moving is NOT inevitable.

Let's all get proactive - in every way we can - to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I am definitely going to renew my 4 tickets after this season for another 5 year contract period, as well as write to every interested politician I can think of. And that's for starters.
Good man! :hi5: