PDA

View Full Version : how to approach the draft....

venis2k1
02-06-2003, 08:19 AM
Everybody seems to think that the bills should draft a DE,DT, or a LB with their first pick in this years draft. Unless we pick a true Dimond in the rough(this is very possible with TD picking). we cant count on them to make a Huge impact their rookie seasons. I think that we will have to fix all the holes in our Defence through FA. I think that it would be a better idea to pick a Good TE in this years draft(assuming that we cut JR). There are a few good TEs in this years draft that could start on opening day, a few even worth trading up a few spots for(teyo). Thats just my Two Cents. Why draft a back up when you could draft a starter?

:luvmach:

justasportsfan
02-06-2003, 08:25 AM
I agree. We need to get Fa's that will have "major" positive impact's right away. No more 4 year projects(via draft). There's no tommorrow in this league anymore because of salary caps.

Bufftp
02-06-2003, 09:18 AM
how about Dallas Clark (TE) from Iowa- can block and has great hands?

Tatonka
02-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Witten from Tennesse is an option too.. he is suposed to be a stud, much like shockey. nasty attitude, not afriad to run over you.

your draft plan sounds like mine.. good ideas

Earthquake Enyart
02-06-2003, 09:34 AM
I just don't get this fascination with TE's. :huh:

If every draft pick was on defense, I wouldn't mind.

Dozerdog
02-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Same here

clumping platelets
02-06-2003, 10:08 AM
I would approach the draft with draft choices! :)

:tomato:

Tatonka
02-06-2003, 11:05 AM
i think my fasination with the TE spot is this.. if you get a great one.. like gonzo or shockey, you get a double wammy..

a good blocker, which makes the running game better.. plus a good receiver, that can be a playmaker.. a TE can basically be an extension of the OL for most of the game, so a blocker is important.. but to have a guy like shockey RUN OVER a DB.. literally walk across his chest and stomp him into the ground.. that changes a game. changes the momentum, changes everything to have the versatility.

venis2k1
02-06-2003, 11:19 AM
I agree Tatonka, the 6-7 240lb Teyo Johnson is a great blocker, and has great hands. His only down side is that he isnt the greatest route runner. He is a late 1st/Mid 2nd round pick. JR is gone, Moore is 33 and has hands of stone. We need a TE.

DraftBoy
02-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Witten is who I like but like a 4th rounder not a 2nd. We got more posistions to fill than to worry about a 2nd round TE.

kgun12
02-07-2003, 06:59 AM
I say fill our defensive wholes in FA 2 LB's and a stud DT, doesn"t matter what order and I will let TD decide who they are. Sign a second tier CB and WR this is letting PP go. Rework JR or let him go, Moore will be fine, cause with as much as we used the TE it just doesn't matter.
Than you can go into the draft a just pick the BEST available player in every round with an eye on special teams help.

Bert102176
02-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Teyo Johnson looks to me alot like Tony Gonzalez, and others hgave compared them also.

Jeff 311
02-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Donahoe will go w/ the D in the Draft. On 5th down column on Bills.com, Mr. Wilson stated that he wants to build the D like the bucs through the draft and a few key free agent picks ups. Similar to the Bucs in the way they put together there D w/ draft picks and key free agent Simion Rice.

kgun12
02-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Jeff 311
Donahoe will go w/ the D in the Draft. On 5th down column on Bills.com, Mr. Wilson stated that he wants to build the D like the bucs through the draft and a few key free agent picks ups. Similar to the Bucs in the way they put together there D w/ draft picks and key free agent Simion Rice.

Yes, but if you go after FA like I said in as earlier post here. You can fill the back-ups will quality and not be put into a corner to draft just D.