PDA

View Full Version : Alright, All Kidding Aside.....

venis2k1
04-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Unless Brick or Super mario somehow fall to us at 8, we need to take Ngata there. It is the only thing that makes sense. If you can remember any of the games last year( yes, i was pretty drunk too just to dull the pain) we could not stop the run...at all. as a result we go burned on play action, and our defense was often tired and demorilized. we went from 2nd in the NFL to 29th in team defense, finishing 31st in rushing defense. our #1 priority this offseason should be stoping the run .period. and how have we improved this year? cutting our best run defender in Adams, and replacing him with, while a great player, not much of a big body in Tripplet.

Ill give you spikes is coming back. but can anyone say that Crowell was a liability last year, and the reason we got ran over?

Ill give you we changed our defense. but we are still playing football, and if we cant keep OL off our LBs we cant run and tackle. we cant win.

Ill give you Bunkley might be a better "fit". But he is not the same caliber player that Ngata is. this guy will make us better the second he steps off the plane. Anybody that big and strong and fast will lock down the middle again. allowing our LBs and secondary to play free.

As any true Bills fan, i am very proud of our special teams unit. No one punts, returns, deep snaps, and covers kicks, like the Buffalo Bills. But what is the one demention our Special Teams lacks? Ngata set a school record with seven blocked kicks.

Its time we all put down the crack pipes and started thinking clearly, its a no brainer, Ngata Will be there, and unless we can pick up a BUNCH of picks by trading down, we need to take him.

R. Rich
04-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Let's draft a dominant run stuffer, like we did w/ Pat Williams.

ICE74129
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM

That makes too much sense rich. Fans want flash.

Haven't you been reading? No one other than a skill player is worth the 8th pick. (sarcasm off)

venis2k1
04-14-2006, 11:51 AM

I dont know if you are being sarcastic(sarcasm does not translate well over the written word). But I would just like to point out Pat Williams went undrafted...and rode the pine for 4 years.

R. Rich
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Ding! We have a winner!!

ICE74129
04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Ding! We have a winner!! Well you can gamble on lesser tallent working out, or draft the best talent available. It didnt' hurt NE to draft 3 DT's in the first round (one as high as the 6th pick I believe?) 3 out of the last 6 years now did it?

R. Rich
04-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Little problem w/ that scenario: the Pats have what we do not, which is synchronicity from ownership down to the coaching staff. The general consensus is that they "get it", whereas the Bills "don't". They can take guys like Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork (I think I remember someone on TBD mentioning him as a pick for Buffalo that year...), or RICHard Seymour because they also have the faith in a coach who does something as seemingly stupid as letting a guy like Lawyer Milloy go (didn't that seem like a dumba** move when we beat them 31-0 in the opener-of course, they did return the favor in the season finale) and replacing him w/ Rodney Harrison, and not miss a beat. They also think enough of the importance of a certain portion of the offense to continually draft to provide quality depth and/or starters for this portion.

If only the Bills were as shrewd...

venis2k1
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
we cant worry(too much) about what the pats do, we have to worry about OUR team. also if we took wilfork we wouldn't have gotten Evans.

R. Rich
04-14-2006, 12:07 PM
we cant worry(too much) about what the pats do, we have to worry about OUR team. also if we took wilfork we wouldn't have gotten Evans.

My point is that we need to put in place what they already have in place, which is a chain of command (owner/management/coaching) that is all on the same page and is proactive about making the Bills a much better team. That's not exclusive to New England (though they're a good example of that), as Pittsburgh and Seattle, the last 2 Super Bowl teams, both have that in place as well.

The_Philster
04-14-2006, 12:46 PM
so far, we don't know if we have that or not, Rich

HAMMER
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
so far, we don't know if we have that or not, Rich

Ding! We have a winner.