PDA

View Full Version : Check this out VOTE for Buffalo

SquishDaFish
04-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Mock draft on ESPN.com and the Bills are on the clock. I wish the draft would fall this way. The only 2 I rather drop are Brick or Mario.
http://www.Espn.com

lordofgun
04-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Davis in the lead! :bf1:

SquishDaFish
04-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Yep I agree with it also. When the results are done and you go see the mock they say what percentage the Buffalo area pick ended up as.

Crisis
04-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I voted for Huff!

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, screw those big, sweaty, ugly linemen. Let's do a Tom Donahoe redux and grab another glamour guy.

Taking the big name, popular, glitzy, sexy workout warriors have really helped our playoff chances the last 6 years, haven't they?

Crisis
04-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah we never took a OL with a top 5 pick in the Donahoe er(a)ror.

When you have a top 10 pick you choose BPA available, unless you already have a pro-bowler at that position.

Last I checked our TEs suck and our safeties are old or average.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 06:53 PM
. . . and our DTs, with the exception of Triplett, are nonexistent. And our O line has not exactly distinguished itself in recent seasons, either.

But let's take a TE - the key to every Super Bowl winners' success - despite the fact that we just signed Royal in free agency and have Everett and Euhus as well.

Good grief. Did we learn ANYTHING from the Donahoe years?

YardRat
04-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Surprising that the DT's are the bottom two vote-getters so far.

SquishDaFish
04-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Im sorry Jan but I have to disagree with you to a point. I agree with our needs which can be adressed with our next 2-3 picks. But where we are in the draft we take need only and I say ONLY IF the top 3-4 ELITE players are not there. But if they are we have to select one of them. Super Mario,DaBrick,Bush or Davis are there we HAVE TO select them. And then go onto Need. You cant pass up an ELITE player for need.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Surprising that the DT's are the bottom two vote-getters so far.
Not sexy enough. Let's take Vernon Davis, despite our problems not only at DT, but O line and Safety as well, and despite the fact that we have a pretty good TE corps in Royal, Everett and Euhus.

Look at how Gonzalez and Gates have led their teams to glory.

clumping platelets
04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
at #8, you take a player worthy of #8 value.......that would translate to Huff IMO

lordofgun
04-14-2006, 10:41 PM
. . . and our DTs, with the exception of Triplett, are nonexistent. And our O line has not exactly distinguished itself in recent seasons, either.

But let's take a TE - the key to every Super Bowl winners' success - despite the fact that we just signed Royal in free agency and have Everett and Euhus as well.

Yeah...don't draft a RT and try to turn him into a LT.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Thankfully, the fans don't make the picks.

lordofgun
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
If Vernon Davis is there, we WILL take him.

Crisis
04-14-2006, 11:05 PM

I don't think Ngata or Bunkley are good value at 8. If we take them I hope we trade down and get extra picks.

I don't want Davis either, I'm pro-Huff. :up:

Jan Reimers
04-15-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't think Ngata or Bunkley are good value at 8. If we take them I hope we trade down and get extra picks.

I don't want Davis either, I'm pro-Huff. :up:
I also like Huff, who is probably a better value at number 8 than Ngata, Bunkley or Justice.

Bert102176
04-15-2006, 01:48 PM
I voted for Davis, but who ever we draft I hope he'll turn out to be a great player

casdhf
04-15-2006, 02:36 PM
I agree with clump :(

Saratoga Slim
04-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Im sorry Jan but I have to disagree with you to a point. I agree with our needs which can be adressed with our next 2-3 picks. But where we are in the draft we take need only and I say ONLY IF the top 3-4 ELITE players are not there. But if they are we have to select one of them. Super Mario,DaBrick,Bush or Davis are there we HAVE TO select them. And then go onto Need. You cant pass up an ELITE player for need.

that's right. if those guys are gone, then you start thinking about need. a top ten pick allows you to get a hotshot, the rare players that there simply aren't many of. if there's a hotshot available at a need position when #8 rolls around (i.e. Brick) so much the better. but if not, you can't pass up a Pro Bowler

it would be different if we were outside the top ten. if we trade down to say 13-16, then its a different ballgame altogether.

SquishDaFish
04-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Exactly Slim

SquishDaFish
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Final Votes are in..... Espn.com

<TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=56>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/buf.gif </TD><TD width=176>No. 8: Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf)

2005 record: 5-11 </TD><TD width=176>SN Pick: Vernon Davis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10310&draftyear=2006), 32%
Next: Michael Huff, 20%

New York (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?pollId=36436): Davis, 30% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

evol4276
04-17-2006, 09:58 PM
hell yea vernon davis! thats what i'd like to see for real (of course, unless some freak thing like dbrick falling happens)