PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Smith

Kerr
04-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Prisco's Notebook:

----Even before the Saints signed Dallas safety Keith Davis to a two-year offer sheet as a restricted free agent, they were shopping safety Dwight Smith around the league. Word is they're asking for a third-round pick for Smith, who was signed last yeas as an unrestricted free agent from Tampa Bay. The Saints are also shopping linebacker Courtney Watson for a draft pick. Watson was a 2004 pick of the previous coaching regime. The Saints already traded tackle Wayne Gandy last week to the Falcons for safety Byron Scott, who has been a disappointment in Atlanta. Gandy will start at left tackle for the Falcons, but there was a reason the Saints let him go. Both he and guard Kendall Jacox, a starter last year, were refusing to take part in the team's off-season workouts, which is why they were allowed to leave. The rash of Saints news makes two things quite clear: New coach Sean Payton wants his guys on the roster and he isn't going to tolerate players not buying into his program.
---One team in need of safety help interested in Smith is Buffalo. The Bills released veteran Lawyer Milloy, and he signed with Atlanta. That leaves Coy Wire and Matt Bowen battling to fill his job. They're not exactly the two swiftest players, so Smith, who runs better than both of those players, makes sense. Smith played well for the Saints last year, his first with the team. He can tackle, and as a former corner, he has quality cover skills. Getting him would be a good move for the Bills.

Would you give up a 3rd? Defenitely has experience in the cover 2 with Tampa.

ICE74129
04-14-2006, 06:49 PM
If the Bills make the trade I won't *****. If they feel he is an upgrade then that means we have great depth.

BTW did you see wrestlemania?

RedEyE
04-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd make that trade.

I think the Saints are self-destructing. The fact that they traded their best OT to a division rival, for one of the worse (if not the worse) Safety in the league, explains it all. They strengthed a divison team while weaking their own.

patmoran2006
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Sure why not... You could never have too many marginal starters on one team...