PDA

View Full Version : "Bills Will Leave Western New York Over My Dead Body"

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-14-2006, 10:09 PM
The message is big and bold from Republican gubernatorial candidate Bill Weld. His press release proclaimed: "Bills will leave Western New York over my dead body."

2 On Your Side’s Stefan Mychajliw: "If you are elected Governor, what will you do to keep the Bills in Buffalo?"

Weld: “It wouldn't wait until I'm elected Governor. I know Paul Tagliabue. I had a lot of dealings with him about the Patriots and their Stadium in Massachusetts. And I've spent a fair amount of time with Paul. I'd be happy to join Senator Schumer, Governor Pataki, or anyone else in a sit-down with the Commissioner."
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37109

clumping platelets
04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, he has no chance at being guv therefore, thus, and in conclusion thereof....it's moot

PromoTheRobot
04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
The message is big and bold from Republican gubernatorial candidate Bill Weld. His press release proclaimed: "Bills will leave Western New York over my dead body."

2 On Your Side’s Stefan Mychajliw: "If you are elected Governor, what will you do to keep the Bills in Buffalo?"

Weld: “It wouldn't wait until I'm elected Governor. I know Paul Tagliabue. I had a lot of dealings with him about the Patriots and their Stadium in Massachusetts. And I've spent a fair amount of time with Paul. I'd be happy to join Senator Schumer, Governor Pataki, or anyone else in a sit-down with the Commissioner."
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37109
Maybe all that graft and patronage in Buffalo politics is good for something! We seem to have few political friends. But I was wondering...how do you go from being governor of Massachusetts to running for governor in NY? Isn't there a residency requirement? Must not be very big if Weld can run.

PTR

Jan Reimers
04-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Weld's stand on the Bills would get him my vote if I were still living in New York. Then again, I'm a card carrying Republican, anyway.

Meathead
04-15-2006, 05:46 AM
this just in: ralph will put a hit out on anyone that gets in the way of his moving the team

ICE74129
04-15-2006, 06:00 AM
"gubernatorial candidate" is the key word here. Pitaki, this guy etc are all lip service till we see ACTION taken. So far it's all words. When we see it is viable for Ralph to sell to a new owner, and ralph sells, along with the CBA set up to ensure teams like the Bills get good revenue sharing....its all BS.

Turf
04-15-2006, 06:10 AM
this just in: ralph will put a hit out on anyone that gets in the way of his moving the team

Ralph Soprano and Marv Sacamato?

ILOVEMIBILLS
04-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Pataki isn't running for re-election. Sptizer is really going to win because he's so popular for his busting of Wall Street. Weld is a former New Yorker who had been governor of Massachusetts. The current governor is Mitt Romney, a well mentioned potential nominee for the Republican Presidential nomination in '08. Weld wants to be Gov. again, but this time from his native New York. There aren't many other Republicans willing to run because they know its a lost cause. This may be Weld's personal belief, or it could also be a desperate political move hoping to pick up Bills voters or force Spitzer to take a position, or both.

Philagape
04-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Isn't there a residency requirement? Must not be very big if Weld can run.

Remember who one of our senators is :ill:

McBFLO
04-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Then again, I'm a card carrying Republican, anyway.
Sorry to hear that...

BillyT92679
04-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Go Bill Weld!!!