PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap Update 4/19

clumping platelets
04-15-2006, 12:40 AM
EDIT: 4/19

Ok....before y'all look at the number under the cap understand that I'm still missing bonus information on some of the players :

WR Aiken, LB Haggan, & LB Stamer

I also do not know the details of an apparent Villarrial restructure....

and for those of you who always ask....it's adjusted for top 51 :rolleyes:

With all this being said, I presently have the Bills $11,209,225 million under an "adjusted" salary cap of $101,776,911 with $13,956,224 "dead cap"

Don't y'all fret aboot the "dead cap"....it's 13.7% of the cap....that's slightly above average from a historical perspective.

New cap page later this week.....
:curtsey:

clumping platelets
04-15-2006, 12:42 AM
BTW: The above number put me about $2 million too high per other info I've rec'd so I may also have some LTBEs not accounted for.....

Jan Reimers
04-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks, Clump. It sounds like we're at least $10 Million under, which puts us in pretty good shape.

ICE74129
04-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Ok....before y'all look at the number under the cap understand that I'm missing bonus information on many of the players re-signed by the Bills and FAs signed....the players are:

WR Aiken, DE Denney, LB Haggan, OL Jerman, LS Schneck, LB Stamer

I have approx bonus info for WR Reed, TE Royal, S Bowen, C Fowler, QB Nall, and DT Triplett....

so the impact on the missing info may actually be neutral or less than $1 million off the figure below.....and for those of you who always ask....it's adjusted for top 51 :rolleyes:

With all this being said, I presently have the Bills $12,705,058 million under an "adjusted" salary cap of $101,776,911 with $13,956,224 "dead cap"

Don't y'all fret aboot the "dead cap"....it's 13.7% of the cap....that's slightly above average from a historical perspective.

New cap page later this week.....hoping for my insider to cough up some info aboot the bonuses :whip:

Holy mother of God. 2.5 mill for the draft and we are 10 Mill under the cap. Add back 13 mill for dead cap, 7 mill in cap increase in 07....WOW!

Ralph PLEASE SELL NOW! Get an owner that can take advantage of that with his ability to pay signing bonuses!!!!

patmoran2006
04-15-2006, 10:22 AM
$10 million under is an excellent shape..

Billsrock4life
04-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks clumpy, yeah 10 mill under puts us in good shape

clumping platelets
04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
!st post has been updated

X-Era
04-19-2006, 06:53 AM
EDIT: 4/19

Ok....before y'all look at the number under the cap understand that I'm still missing bonus information on some of the players :

WR Aiken, LB Haggan, & LB Stamer

and for those of you who always ask....it's adjusted for top 51 :rolleyes:

With all this being said, I presently have the Bills $11,209,225 million under an "adjusted" salary cap of $101,776,911 with $13,956,224 "dead cap"

New cap page later this week.....

Cant help but think we are gonna bargain shop at the end of the offseason once some vets leave.

Who in the hell has a 29th ranked team in O and D and stockpiles cap money?

Spend the damn money. Even TD spent what he had until he left about 2-3mil after the draft picks were signed.

Im at a loss as to why in the fug we want to be so far black when we stink so bad.

don137
04-19-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't see a lot of June 1t cap casualties as compared to years past since the cap is much higher this year.

Mahdi
04-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Does anyone know where you can find a list of 2007 FAs? Isnt Ed Reed an FA, he would be an amazing pick-up.

ICE74129
04-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Cant help but think we are gonna bargain shop at the end of the offseason once some vets leave.

Who in the hell has a 29th ranked team in O and D and stockpiles cap money?

Spend the damn money. Even TD spent what he had until he left about 2-3mil after the draft picks were signed.

Im at a loss as to why in the fug we want to be so far black when we stink so bad.

How about there is no one out there worth really signing? Vikes, Pack and Browns still have a boat load of money but aren't spending it. Neither is NE. Why? No one out there worth spending it on.

You dont' spend your cap room just to spend it. That was the TD way. Overpay for older veterans with 'Names' and make sure you didn't have much cap room going into the season so it LOOKED like he did something.

Keep the money until next year when our needs are more clear cut after seeing how the new FA's/ Draft picks pan out in our defense. We could be going into 07 with 20-30 mill in cap room.

Hamilton Billsfan
04-19-2006, 08:11 AM
:hail: -> :clump:

"An expedited hearing might help McNair, the co-MVP of 2003 whose $23.46 million salary-cap hit for 2006 is why the Titans asked him not to work out on their property.":shocked:

At least TD never left us in this kind of cap trouble, it makes the MW situation look cheap!

:couch:

ryjam282
04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I said that contract was just nuts when they signed it. Glad it coming back to haunt them. Idiots.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2006, 10:37 AM
How about there is no one out there worth really signing? Vikes, Pack and Browns still have a boat load of money but aren't spending it. Neither is NE. Why? No one out there worth spending it on.

You dont' spend your cap room just to spend it. That was the TD way. Overpay for older veterans with 'Names' and make sure you didn't have much cap room going into the season so it LOOKED like he did something.

Keep the money until next year when our needs are more clear cut after seeing how the new FA's/ Draft picks pan out in our defense. We could be going into 07 with 20-30 mill in cap room.

The other option is to sign Clements, Peters, Fletcher, McGahee, etc to extensions (if they are willing). Some of the money cold even be front loaded to take advantage of this year's cap room and keep future cap space.

ICE74129
04-19-2006, 01:58 PM
The other option is to sign Clements, Peters, Fletcher, McGahee, etc to extensions (if they are willing). Some of the money cold even be front loaded to take advantage of this year's cap room and keep future cap space.

All but clements I am for extending. It is my opinion we should be shopping him to dallas for their first pick. The guy thinks he needs Champ bailey money. I say with todays rules NO CB is worth it. there isn't a Deion Sanders in this league today and that definately includes clements.

I say send Clements off, trade down. Take Williams I believe from VTech. then DL and OL. Two firsts, two 2nds, two 3rds? WOW we can make an immediate impact on our team with those picks. The real fun is the 07 season when these kids have time under their belts.

patmoran2006
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM

well said.. VERY well said.