PDA

View Full Version : The Draft is 2 weeks from today.

ICE74129
04-15-2006, 06:47 AM
I can't wait for it to get here. It is like 'Man Christmas' at my house LOL!

That said, Right now I see us trading down. Too many teams looking to move up to either take a QB or someone like Huff ( see the two dallas theads). We are at a time where more pics benifits us more than picking 8th unless a franchise DE or LT is there. Williams will be gone in the top 4 picks and Dbrick might fall.

Even then I am tempted to trade down. I know some want Vernon Davis and I sure as hell would like to see him here...IF we didn't have so many needs.

Our #8 for both of Denvers picks? #8 for Dallas' first rounder, 2nd and 5th? Who knows. Trade Clements and pick up a low first or High 2nd? And keep this in mind, If Detroit thinks Dallas is talking with Buffalo on Draft day to get Huff (who detroit is high on) don't be shocked if they offer up thier 2nd to move up one spot to secure the guy they want. Lots of possibilities.

At this time (two weeks out) would like to trade down with say Dallas. Pick up their 1st, 2nd and 5th or a next year 4th or so. Then Trade Clements for a low first to someone. Take a top CB with the first pick, Then go from there filling in LG, DT, OT, TE Etc. My scenario has us with 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 3 Thirds and 2 5ths (Moulds trade) With the immediate depth in the first 3 rounds of this draft I sure as hell would like to have 6 picks.

We do that and by 07 we will be glad we did.

Thoughts?

Don't Panic
04-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Two firsts, two seconds and three thirds would be ideal, but I think that's a bit of an overreach. I agree about trading down, but not until the pick is called (don't want to miss out on Brick if he slides).

ICE74129
04-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Here is my 'Madden' Trade plan ...

The Cowboys want Huff right? Offer them Clements instead for #18. Then some team, maybe even Detroit right behind us who loves Huff, calls up to try and trade into our spot. We say Ok for another 2nd rounder.

We now have 7+ mill freed up immediately by getting his franchise offer off of the table. We draft a little lower and take Jimmy Hill. That replaces Clements, We still have #18, Two 2nds, Two 3rds etc.

We can always call up Ty Law, offer him a 1 year 4 mill deal with 2 mill guarenteed. ( I know it might be different, just an idea). Now we have upgraded our DB's, Saved cap room, Avoided a headache, and STILL...have 5 first day picks to address different needs.

acehole
04-15-2006, 07:42 AM
I can't wait for it to get here. It is like 'Man Christmas' at my house LOL!

That said, Right now I see us trading down. Too many teams looking to move up to either take a QB or someone like Huff ( see the two dallas theads). We are at a time where more pics benifits us more than picking 8th unless a franchise DE or LT is there. Williams will be gone in the top 4 picks and Dbrick might fall.

Even then I am tempted to trade down. I know some want Vernon Davis and I sure as hell would like to see him here...IF we didn't have so many needs.

Our #8 for both of Denvers picks? #8 for Dallas' first rounder, 2nd and 5th? Who knows. Trade Clements and pick up a low first or High 2nd? And keep this in mind, If Detroit thinks Dallas is talking with Buffalo on Draft day to get Huff (who detroit is high on) don't be shocked if they offer up thier 2nd to move up one spot to secure the guy they want. Lots of possibilities.

At this time (two weeks out) would like to trade down with say Dallas. Pick up their 1st, 2nd and 5th or a next year 4th or so. Then Trade Clements for a low first to someone. Take a top CB with the first pick, Then go from there filling in LG, DT, OT, TE Etc. My scenario has us with 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 3 Thirds and 2 5ths (Moulds trade) With the immediate depth in the first 3 rounds of this draft I sure as hell would like to have 7 picks.

We do that and by 07 we will be glad we did.

Thoughts?

This might sound crazy but I usually take those 2 days off. Eat junk food and read about our newly aquired trophies. With all the opitons this year it will be excititing. I hope we trade down with denver, philly, Dallas or Vikings I dont care...pick.... Eric Winston in 6 months time will be as good as d brick. We need the player and the extra picks. Claud Wroten in the second....with charles spencer with the traded pick. Whoever else dosnt matter that would be a killer draft. There may be some suprises with us and thats allway cool.
there is no doubt this draft will be taked about for a few years for us.....I hope it is the one we cleaned up.