• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Huff talks about visit to Buffalo & elsewhere

I had the chance last week to go and visit the
    Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills at their training sites for some interviews and meetings before seeing the Rams earlier this week.

Every team really made me feel at home with the way they treated me. I wasn't really nervous about the meetings because most of these teams had already talked to me at the NFL Combine and during the pro day at Texas.

I had the chance to meet each team's general manager, head coach and defensive coordinator during the visits. It wasn't like most team interviews in the past where they ran you through agility drills and psychological testing. The teams were more interested in knowing how I could help their team in the long run, how I felt about the chance of living in their city, and if I minded the city lifestyle. Since I grew up in the city and went to school in Austin, I don't think I would ever have issues making the move somewhere else to play professional football.

The teams also had me sit down and look at some of their game film. They basically wanted me to see what types of formations they ran with their defensive backs, as well as wanting to see how far along I was at breaking down offenses by looking at what their defensive backs did.

During the trips, I had a huge shock when I visited the Dolphins in Miami and then made the trip to Buffalo to see the Bills. In Miami, the weather was beautiful and sunny with palm trees everywhere. I was surrounded by snow and icy weather in Buffalo the next day. I couldn't believe the difference in weather changes between the two places! I know I can handle the snow if I end up in Buffalo or Detroit, but I do have to say, the warm and sunny weather in Miami was a welcome sight.

Not a lot to say about visit to Buffalo unfortunately.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Huff talks about visit to Buffalo & elsewhere

What did you expect him to say? The truth? There isn't much to do other than shovel snow and attend the 'Ballet' in Canada? He will most likely be taxed more as a player in Erie Co than anywhere else. He would be drafted to a team where the owner looks like a fool in the press and has stated he doesn't know if he can keep the team in Buffalo?

Then add to that we are on our 2nd GM, 3rd HC in 6 years? Yeah...I'd rather he not say too much.

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

I'd expect him to say "I'd be glad to play football as a living rather than working for a living of a dungheap of a state like Oklahoma." Enough with bringing this into every topic.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Did I miss something? He sounds like an a-hole to me! When in the past month did we have icy & snowy weather? What an idiot...great way to feed to perception of Buffalo. What a jerk!

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          Did I miss something? He sounds like an a-hole to me! When in the past month did we have icy & snowy weather? What an idiot...great way to feed to perception of Buffalo. What a jerk!
          A 1/16 inch of snow is probably a snowstorm to him.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Wasn't it cold and snowy a week to week and a half ago? Maybe it was only like that when he was here.

This is Buffalo, it is usually cold in the winter and it snows a LOT. I would rather him get the proper perception of this area, and that is it.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              A 1/16 inch of snow is probably a snowstorm to him.
              Probably!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                What did you expect him to say? The truth? There isn't much to do other than shovel snow and attend the 'Ballet' in Canada? He will most likely be taxed more as a player in Erie Co than anywhere else. He would be drafted to a team where the owner looks like a fool in the press and has stated he doesn't know if he can keep the team in Buffalo?

Then add to that we are on our 2nd GM, 3rd HC in 6 years? Yeah...I'd rather he not say too much.
                Man are you a big f'in pill with these kinds of posts. Save it for once. We don't need to read this kind of crap in every thread.

Did I miss something? He sounds like an a-hole to me! When in the past month did we have icy & snowy weather? What an idiot...great way to feed (the) perception of Buffalo. What a jerk!
                Yeah...how dare he actually notice that the weather in Buffalo sucks compared to the weather in Miami in the Spring. Maybe he should visit Miami during a hurricane.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                  I'd expect him to say "I'd be glad to play football as a living rather than working for a living of a dungheap of a state like Oklahoma." Enough with bringing this into every topic.
                  Dung heap like Oklahoma? Is that why Buffalonians are moving here? LMAO that was a mature retort BTW.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

[quote=andyxc71]Man are you a big f'in pill with these kinds of posts. Save it for once. We don't need to read this kind of crap in every thread.

Awww does the truth hurt?

Comment

Working...
                    X