X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

NEWS: Bills may tag peerless!

Bills | Could Price Be Tagged? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    8:05 PT: Pete Prisco reports for SportsLine.com the Buffalo Bills may franchise tag WR Peerless Price. The Bills apparently don't think second-year WR Josh Reed is ready for a No. 2 role behind WR Eric Moulds. If that happens, they will hope to sign Price to a long-term deal before the 2003 season begins. If Price plays for the franchise number, the Bills could then decide Reed is ready to take over the No. 2 role in 2004 and let Price walk.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

It only means a killer LB, DT, or DE that we won't have.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

where's our bird at OBD ?
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-06-2003, 10:23 AM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

man i hope this isnt true... this is gonna throw a big kink in my defensive free agency plan, if we waste another 5 million on price.. ARGGGG!
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• clumping platelets

I believe this scenario is very likely. Bills can keep him another year and allow Reed to develop further. Maybe they agree not to "tag" Peerless after 2003. It also opens the door to trading him (like the Rams did with DE Kevin Carter). No bonus amortization to worry about, thus trading him opens up the $5.01 million from the cap. This years' FA class Sucks!! most of the best players that can help us will be tagged and all that does is increase the negotiating position of the remaining quality FAs.

I've been thinking...........Bills "tag" Peerless. Falcons call and want to trade for him. Bills say your #1 looks good to us. After negotiating, Bills sign Peerless to the 1 yr tender as required by the CBA, trade him and our #2 to Atlanta for their #1, #2, and conditional 2004. We get a #1, Falcons move up in rd 2, and we get a pick in 2004. Bills get something for him. :)

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Here's thee article:

I don't think Prisco is reporting anything...it seems like it's all speculation to me. A bunch of 'what if's'...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

More made up crap on the web.

I still don't think the transition tag is out of the question. 1 year at $4.5 mil???

Comment

• clumping platelets

I still doubt the Bills have a transition tag

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  I've been thinking...........Bills "tag" Peerless. Falcons call and want to trade for him. Bills say your #1 looks good to us. After negotiating, Bills sign Peerless to the 1 yr tender as required by the CBA, trade him and our #2 to Atlanta for their #1, #2, and conditional 2004. We get a #1, Falcons move up in rd 2, and we get a pick in 2004. Bills get something for him. :)
                  That would be really nice.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Nice analysis clump.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Atlanta Falcons
                      Player they'd love to have: Peerless Price, WR, Bills. The Falcons have to upgrade their receiver position, and Price is clearly the best on the market. He can run and he has improved his route running.

Chances they will get him: Very good. They have money to spend and they have the lure of offering Price a chance to play with Michael Vick. Plus, Price lives in Atlanta.

Cheaper alternative: Kevin Dyson of the Titans has been injury-plagued, but when healthy, he can stretch a defense.

Comment

• clumping platelets

The I would trade the #1 and the #2 to move up and draft DT Kevin Williams, Oklahoma St

I've got it all planned!!!!!!!!!

:)

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I still doubt the Bills have a transition tag
                          Hey, I don't claim to be an expert!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

I believe this scenario is very likely. Bills can keep him another year and allow Reed to develop further. Maybe they agree not to "tag" Peerless after 2003. It also opens the door to trading him (like the Rams did with DE Kevin Carter). No bonus amortization to worry about, thus trading him opens up the $5.01 million from the cap. This years' FA class Sucks!! most of the best players that can help us will be tagged and all that does is increase the negotiating position of the remaining quality FAs.

ok.. so clump says this.. and he is the smart guy.. but tatonka puts this SAME exact senario into his offseason review thread.. and everyone tells him it isnt gonna happen.. and throw rocks at him, and tell him to go to phinzone, that he is not wanted here? ok ok.. you all just said that it will never happen, not the other stuff.

what makes clump right and me wrong?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

With the way the league has been , you can win with an average QB. If Drew gets injured, AVP (or maybe eveb TB) will do if we had an awsome D. Having PP on the team won't do us any good if Drew ever got injured (knock on wood). I say get us that D. Then again TD would know better if Reed isn't ready yet to step up at no. 2.

Price could be screwed by this situation too. If the Bills tag him , I see his numbers going down because I'm sure they will use Reed more to get him ready for Price's departure the year after w/c could diminish his value. It's kinda far fetched but a possibilty.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X