• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Should the Bills shop Clements?

The best route the Bills could take as of this moment is to shop their No. 1 cornerback around to see if any team is interested in giving up a late first-round draft choice for him. Teams such as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at No. 23 overall, the New York Jets at No. 29 overall and the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 32nd choice all may have interest in talking with the Bills.
    link

Thoughts?

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Should the Bills shop Clements?

I agree 100%
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

The cover two system doesnt need a shut down corner to work. We could pick up a DT or OT late, allowing us to take the best player at 8
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Wouldnt mind a fishing expedition
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

No..while he had a bad year last year, that can be attributed in part to the system. He played off the LOS a good portion of the time, a method which allowed the WRs to get a free release and enabled them a better opportunity to beat the coverage.
          They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. While Antoine Winfield wasn't a Pro Bowler in 2005 for the Vikes, he did bounce back from his poor performance his final season in Buffalo. That final season in Buffalo saw him playing off the LOS almost all the time. Ohio State, as much as it pains me to say this as a Penn State fan, has a history of producing solid CBs for the NFL. While Winfield didn't deserve the money he got in Minnesota, he was certainly good enough for us to attempt to keep. Letting another Ohio State CB go wouldn't be a good move, IMO
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

The Bills are worried about the current CBA and some expect Nate to get a satisfactory long term contract with a 12-18 Mil signing bonus ? Riiiiiiiight.

I'm a huge Ohio St. fan and I'd trade him for seeking a contract far above his true value. He's good but NOT THAT GOOD ! This is a draft loaded with talented CB depth.

Pick up a first or second round pick and turn the page if you believe he won't sign long term and will be a distraction.
            Last edited by Night Train; 04-15-2006, 07:46 PM.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              No..while he had a bad year last year, that can be attributed in part to the system. He played off the LOS a good portion of the time, a method which allowed the WRs to get a free release and enabled them a better opportunity to beat the coverage.
              They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. While Antoine Winfield wasn't a Pro Bowler in 2005 for the Vikes, he did bounce back from his poor performance his final season in Buffalo. That final season in Buffalo saw him playing off the LOS almost all the time. Ohio State, as much as it pains me to say this as a Penn State fan, has a history of producing solid CBs for the NFL. While Winfield didn't deserve the money he got in Minnesota, he was certainly good enough for us to attempt to keep. Letting another Ohio State CB go wouldn't be a good move, IMO
              I dont agree with this at all, bc we are again using the coaches as a scape goat but to each his own. Im prepared to let him go strictly based on his attitude. Especially if he plans to hold out.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Sometimes, the schemes really are at fault primarily, though
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

He didn't show me anything to indicate he's worth 7.2 million a year last year, or the year before for that matter, let alone a 15+ million dollar signing bonus. No way.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

I don't think shopping Nate is out of the question here. Maybe they move him on draft day for a guy that is drafted in the low 1st (which would be a stretch) or 2nd/3rd round.

He is, IMO, very overrated, yet highly regarded around the league. That being said, the Bills should be able to get something of high value for him. Though the way the FO has operated lately, that might be in question.

If they want to shop him, the time is now... not 2 or 3 seasons from now. They're already in rebuilding mode, they've cut all ties with a lot of the dead cap-eating wieght on the team, I could see them trying to move him.

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

I do not think Bills should trade Clements to Jets and a lower third pick is too low.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Sometimes, the schemes really are at fault primarily, though
                        Like I said to each his own but I didnt see Nate getting burnt underneath but he did get burnt deep. Also there is still no excuse for his attitude.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

If he had jammed the WRs at the LOS, they wouldn't have gotten as clean a release and the timing might have been off enough that Clements could've made some kind of play..that's all I'm saying
                          Agreed 100% on the attitude, though

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

If we can get a first rounder, ship him.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

If he had jammed the WRs at the LOS, they wouldn't have gotten as clean a release and the timing might have been off enough that Clements could've made some kind of play..that's all I'm saying
                              Agreed 100% on the attitude, though

To each his own, I dont think he should of gotten burned deep with his speed and his cushion but the WR's do get a head start.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X