PDA

View Full Version : Fourth and Long for Buffalo Bills?

Bill Brasky
04-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Take the Renegades out of Ottawa and what you have is a city without a professional football team, period. Even the die-hards among that city's fans realize the death of the Glieberman-run flea circus might actually be a good thing in the long run for the sport in Canada's capital.

Take the Bills out of Buffalo, though, and what you would have is a city, and area, with its heart torn out. Having an NFL franchise in Orchard Park is the No. 1 thing that puts Western New York on the map. Take the Bills out of the equation and it adds up to one big zero.

Ralph Wilson, the ancient owner of the Bills, the only one the franchise has had since he created it in 1960, has lately been warning ominously that the future of the operation is even more perilous than usual. Prompting this alarmist headline over a column in the Buffalo News: "It's inevitable the Bills will eventually go."

Death. Taxes. And, bye-bye Buffalo Bills.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1145137833885&call_pageid=968867503640

ICE74129
04-16-2006, 07:57 AM
I am to the point I dont care how it happens, we need a new owner. Then if they move they move.

I am sick of hearing about this fuggin subject. Enough already. I don't give a rats bippy what another writer says on the same old ass subject. Nor do I care what some politician says.

When something is actually DONE, then let us know. Until then people need to drop it.

BillyT92679
04-16-2006, 04:12 PM
The author is inaccurate. Ralph is the only ORIGINAL owner to keep his team in the original area.
Obviously, the Pats are still in the Boston metro area, though they moved to Foxborough.

There has been enough saber-rattling lately that I think the NFL would not want the black eye of having the Bills leave.

Bill Brasky
04-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I am to the point I dont care how it happens, we need a new owner. Then if they move they move.

I am sick of hearing about this fuggin subject. Enough already. I don't give a rats bippy what another writer says on the same old ass subject. Nor do I care what some politician says.

When something is actually DONE, then let us know. Until then people need to drop it.
i think you do care considering you make it a point to respond to every thread pertaining to the issue, then consequently ***** about it.

The author is inaccurate. Ralph is the only ORIGINAL owner to keep his team in the original area.
Obviously, the Pats are still in the Boston metro area, though they moved to Foxborough.

There has been enough saber-rattling lately that I think the NFL would not want the black eye of having the Bills leave.

if the Bills leaving = black eye on the NFL

what did the Browns leaving equate to?

Blue balls? Fractured skull? Broken spine?

The_Philster
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
A black eye that is still healing

Bill Brasky
04-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, they better get a bigger cut of meat over the wound then!

G. Host
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
I am to the point I dont care how it happens, we need a new owner.
I think we need new fans more than a new owner. Old fans are worn out and no longer supporting team.

The_Philster
04-16-2006, 05:42 PM
I think we need new fans more than a new owner. Old fans are worn out and no longer supporting team.
Yeah...some of them are in favor of the team moving :down: