PDA

View Full Version : Boston or Price?

lordofgun
02-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Say we could sign David Boston for around the same money as we could re-sign Price. Also assume that the Bills ARE planning on spending the money it takes to re-sign Price.

Who would you rather have? I'd take Boston in a heartbeat! Imagine Moulds, Boston, and Reed catching passes from Bledsoe. :drool:

Tatonka
02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
boston - without the cocaine and steriods and criminal record and injured knee

price - as things really are with boston.

i think boston is gonna end up in serious trouble with the league, one way or another, very soon.

Jeff 311
02-06-2003, 11:33 AM
we shouldnt go after bostn, the guy will probably be suspended for the substance abuse problem. Plus he is coming off an injury, and would be a cancer in the lockerroom. I say Tag Price it will only cost 5 million dollars against the cap and gives Reed another year to develop and play the # 2 reciever role in 2004

venis2k1
02-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Boston is a legit NFL #1 WR, Price isnt.

Tatonka
02-06-2003, 12:11 PM
boston has too much baggage that price doesnt.. the threat of being suspended at any moment for drugs or crimes doesnt scream #1 to me.

The Natrix
02-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Price isnt.

That's cooky talk. Name the 30 WRs who are better than him.

I would rather have Price. It is all about chemistry and Moulds, Price and Reed have it. If we were to resign Price, the bills would have the best WR trio in the NFL, hands down. All three bring different characteristics. Boston is a Moulds clone and brings a lot of baggage and is always hurt. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

That being said, I think Buffalo should let Price walk unless it is for 3 million or less and Moulds takes a .5 million paycut.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Am I missing something? I don't recall Boston ever being suspended for anything. Yes he is in great shape which leads people to say he must be roiding but there is no proof of that. Now the injury problems are definitely a concern.

JefftheBillsfan
02-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I like how Price and Moulds complement each other...

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2003, 01:53 PM
I do too but not for the type of money price is making.

venis2k1
02-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
That's cooky talk. Name the 30 WRs who are better than him.

I know that Price could be the #1 WR on alot of teams, but that dosn't make him a legit #1 WR in my book. When i say #1, I mean guys you could build an offense around. Moulds, Harrison, Owens, K. Johnson, Boston, Moss, Jimmy Smith, etc...

The Natrix
02-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

I know that Price could be the #1 WR on alot of teams, but that dosn't make him a legit #1 WR in my book. When i say #1, I mean guys you could build an offense around. Moulds, Harrison, Owens, K. Johnson, Boston, Moss, Jimmy Smith, etc...

I agree that Boston would be a better player to build an offense around, but we already have Moulds. For example, if I am the Bengals, I want Boston, however I think Price would be better suited for the Bills. Moulds and Price seem to get along and they have put up some great numbers.

Since Moulds is the better receiver (than Price) right now, if Peerless wants to stay, he can not expect to get paid like a #1 even though he could be one on several teams.

BTW, who is the highest paid #2 in the league? Torry Holt?

Cntrygal
02-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Am I missing something? I don't recall Boston ever being suspended for anything. Yes he is in great shape which leads people to say he must be roiding but there is no proof of that. Now the injury problems are definitely a concern.

You should visit the nfl zone every once in awhile. :D

League might take further action against Boston (http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9464&highlight=boston)

Ebenezer
02-06-2003, 05:29 PM
For the same price??? The devil you know is better than the devil you don't...keep PP.

Bert102176
02-06-2003, 06:18 PM
The Natrix that's what I have been saying right along CHEMISTRY the way Price knows the system and compliments Eric and Josh.

The_Philster
02-06-2003, 06:51 PM
We know Peerless and he knows the system and the team. There is no choice to be made.

Bert102176
02-06-2003, 06:56 PM
darn right Philster