PDA

View Full Version : Since the Bills moving garbage is OWNING this board

X-Era
04-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Can Ralph sell the team to the public?

Could Western New York simply pick up the tab like Green Bay? It would seem thats a way to ensure the Bills stay.

If its up for public purchase, cities such as Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, maybe even Toronto can share in keeping the team here.

Nice part is, when the fans have something tangible invested other than tickets, they care even MORE about the team and are even MORE likely to go to the games. That could mean even higher revenue.

Dozerdog
04-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Nope.

Only Green Bay is owned through shareholders- and that's because it went into effect before league rules prohibited it.

One person needs to own at least 35%

Dozerdog
04-16-2006, 10:25 AM
The Boston Celtics and a cople other pro franchises have public stock offerings- but it's more of a novelty item than real stock. It has no voting power and is somewhat worthless as an investment.

It was set up as a novelty gift idea. "Buy your loved one a share in the Celtics"

G. Host
04-16-2006, 10:25 AM
No the Bills can not. The NFL changed the rules to prevent another Green Bay.

Ralph and Erie County could renegotiate the lease to make it very, very expensive to move though. Put a 'poison pill' into contract.

Billscusey
04-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm not all that knowledgeable about the Green Bay situation. Why did the NFL prevent this type of situation from happening again? I guess it would be difficult to host 1000+ "owners" from Green Bay for owners' meetings.

I'm not sure if the City of Toronto would be in support of this, but I know many of us citizens would! I would love this idea; "Own a piece of the Bills"

Bill Brasky
04-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Hasn't this been discussed 700 times already?

No community, other than GB, can own an NFL team.

There has to be at least one owner with 35% stake in the team.

dolphan117
04-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Regardless of the 35 percent rule you would have to come up with over 600 million dollars.

The_Philster
04-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Hasn't this been discussed 700 times already?.at least