PDA

View Full Version : Agree with sentiment but not all of the facts

G. Host
04-16-2006, 12:33 PM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1145137833885
The Bills are the lone original AFL team that has remained in the same location.
No for Bronocs remain in Denver and while New England Patriots moved to Foxboro it is not much different than Bills moving to Orchard Park.
This is true: Kansas City was originally in Dallas, SD in LA, Raiders are wandering fruit, NY Jets are in New Jersey and Colts moved to Indianapolis.

What's more, at his age Wilson is concerned what will happen to his team when he is dead and gone. The new CBA would cut new owners out of the revenue-sharing collective. Wilson has hinted he'll now try to keep the team in his family but inheritance taxes are another consideration for a franchise that has been valued at $600 million-plus. (Interesting, isn't it, that Wilson says his team might become a perennial money-loser, yet it still carries that price tag?)
Yes it does for it can be moved or rules changed to maintain value. However part of that value according Forbes is stadium and how much value does that stadium actually provide really? It can not be sold and of Bills move it probably will be torn down.

Since soon-to-be-retired Paul Tagliabue took over as commissioner, 19 new NFL stadiums have been built, 14 of them since 1999. Taxpayers in every community of any size have been through the pro sports hustle and shakedown.
Plus a number have been remodelled with tax-payer support under threat of being moved.

Los Angeles could use a franchise.
Los Angeles could not use franchise - league could use franchise in LA but that is different.

Toronto, too, although that's not going to happen any time soon.
Toronto will not be getting a franchise until dollar relationship changes and doesn't need one anyways.

The_Philster
04-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Colts moved to Indianapolis.Colts weren't an AFL team
The Houston Oilers, however, moved to Tennesee

G. Host
04-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Colts weren't an AFL team
The Houston Oilers, however, moved to Tennesee
Oilers right. I forget that since Colts were in AFC East once.

socalfan
04-16-2006, 03:01 PM
You agree with sentiment but not facts.

Sort of like you don't agree the sun rises in the east....but you agree it is pretty.

Sort of like you don't agree the Bills play in Buffalo .... but you do agree that they will suck this year.

This does however explain your threads.

Are you for real???

G. Host
04-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I didn't say it was completely incorrect just had some facts wrong.

Bills are one of the few teams which remained in original city but not the last; he is Canadian so is expected to get some geographical mistakes but be aware that Orchard Park is in Buffalo area.
New NFL will decrease value of Bills to stay but increase the value if it can be moved to a city where undenied greed rules yes it has value; if you think that teams ought to be uprooted despite fans objections than you
Lost of people think Southern Californians will embrass a new team but I think many of the sports fans are too flakey
I made some clarifications on stadiums to show it has not just been new stadiums forced by Tag but investments to raise more money as well.

Does sun baking on your head from Calfornia explain your post or did you fall in an eartquake get a concussion? Are you real or are you acting like a bafoon? Reading comprehension does not appear to be a strong skill for you.

Mr. Pink
04-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Oilers right. I forget that since Colts were in AFC East once.

The Colts were an AAFC team originally with the Browns and 49ers and various other defunk franchises, including a franchise in Buffalo. When the AAFC folded after 4 seasons, in 1950, the Browns, Colts and 49ers became part of the NFL.

G. Host
04-16-2006, 04:57 PM
The Colts were an AAFC team originally with the Browns and 49ers and various other defunk franchises, including a franchise in Buffalo. When the AAFC folded after 4 seasons, in 1950, the Browns, Colts and 49ers became part of the NFL.
Yeah I remembered but I just got mixed up forgetting Oilers were an original team.
Should have checked my history pages:
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/history/
Should update it too

Bill Brasky
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey! Thanks for jacking my thread G Host!! :up:

ICE74129
04-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I didn't say it was completely incorrect just had some facts wrong.

Bills are one of the few teams which remained in original city but not the last; he is Canadian so is expected to get some geographical mistakes but be aware that Orchard Park is in Buffalo area.
New NFL will decrease value of Bills to stay but increase the value if it can be moved to a city where undenied greed rules yes it has value; if you think that teams ought to be uprooted despite fans objections than you
Lost of people think Southern Californians will embrass a new team but I think many of the sports fans are too flakey
I made some clarifications on stadiums to show it has not just been new stadiums forced by Tag but investments to raise more money as well.
Does sun baking on your head from Calfornia explain your post or did you fall in an eartquake get a concussion? Are you real or are you acting like a bafoon? Reading comprehension does not appear to be a strong skill for you.

Wow, A mod violating the TOS with 3 personal attacks in one paragraph. outstanding!

socalfan
04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Wow, A mod violating the TOS with 3 personal attacks in one paragraph. outstanding!

:rofl:

And all of this because the mod can't speak english. Maybe for his birthday, someone can provide him with a dictionary so that he can look up the word FACT. Afterwards he can tell us what "bufoon" is.