PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kirwan's Mock Draft

patmoran2006
04-16-2006, 09:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9378806

1- Brod Bunkley, DT (FSU)
2- Ashton Youboty, CB (Ohio State)

What's interesing is he has AJ Hawk lasting all the way to 11, obviously meaning the Bills would pass on him at 8. NOw while I respect the hell out of Kirwan as a credible writer, I find it VERY hard to think we'd pass on a talent like AJ Hawk.. This dude is just a monster and makes plays all over the place. Levy would be NUTS to pass him up I dont care if its a "need" or not. Hawk, Fletch and a near-100% TKO = best LB unit in the league, period.

And Youboty in the second round? Good player from OSU, but I really dont see us taking a CB that high with Nate and McGee already there; unless we were trading Nate, which I really dont think will happen.

And also the more I think about it, I really think Defense is going to be dominant with our day one picks... I really think Bunkley will end up here, I just hope Davis goes before we pick so I have nothing to be angry over.

FlyingDutchman
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know if Vernon Davis has visited at all? I just dont like taking a DT at 8.

patmoran2006
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I dont know..

I really dont see him lasting til 8 unfortunately, SF has a hard-on for him and so does dEnver, with a pair of 1st rounders ammo to move up and get him.

Bmax
04-17-2006, 01:25 AM
AJ Hawk will be the saints pick at 2 or 4....

Bmax

Oaklandraider
04-17-2006, 01:37 AM
his mock sucks

Night Train
04-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Most every mock draft I've seen fails to see the Bills taking a Guard, which is one of our biggest needs.

!Papacrunk!
04-17-2006, 07:35 AM
With so many picks, this is the Bills 1st best chance to dramatically improve the team for the future. I will be curious to see how all the draft picks are utilized for the Bills and their impact for said future as well.

Dozerdog
04-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Most every mock draft I've seen fails to see the Bills taking a Guard, which is one of our biggest needs.Have you seen mocks that go 5-6 rounds deep?

The Bills may draft one, or possibly convert an OT in the draft- but they aren't going to get a guard in Rd 1- and it's slim that they are going to use a 2nd rounder on one as well.

Night Train
04-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Have you seen mocks that go 5-6 rounds deep?

The Bills may draft one, or possibly convert an OT in the draft- but they aren't going to get a guard in Rd 1- and it's slim that they are going to use a 2nd rounder on one as well.

I never thought they would draft a Guard in Round 1 to begin with.

I can only see 4 that could step in and start right away ( Joseph, Jean-Gilles, Spencer and Lutui ), which would be Round 2. I never pay much attention to the mocks, since it's usually a wild guess by outside media who don't have a grasp on all our needs.