PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins looking at Vince?

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Another great Fanball.com snub. :chuckle:

The News
The Dolphins have had Vince Young in for a visit and, according to the Miami Herald, would not hesitate to pull the trigger if the quarterback slides all the way to the 16th overall pick in the first round. "To me, philosophically everyone needs to understand we'll try to do whatever is best and brings the most value to our team," head coach Nick Saban told the Herald.

Our View
Saban is also hoping to shore up his offensive line by selecting D'Brickashaw Ferguson in round two, hopes to grab Reggie Bush as a backup to Ronnie Brown in round three, and is targeting defensive end Mario Williams and quarterback Matt Leinart for depth on day two of the draft.

Bling
04-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Don't we all love Saban? I remember last year when people thought Braylon Edwards was bound for Miami... Miami, in theory, had a great chance to trade down because of it. Now he's using Young as trade bait. Sounds like the idiots at Fanball don't realize that inside the NFL Circle that Young is not a top 15 pick.

!Papacrunk!
04-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Don't we all love Saban? I remember last year when people thought Braylon Edwards was bound for Miami... Miami, in theory, had a great chance to trade down because of it. Now he's using Young as trade bait. Sounds like the idiots at Fanball don't realize that inside the NFL Circle that Young is not a top 15 pick.

I think Young is a top 10 QB, but I don't Miami is in position to confidentally use him as bait in any sense though. Can it happen? Sure. WIll it, probally not. Crazier things have happened though.

Aaron Rodgers is no Vince Young, who knows what he will amount to in GB in the future, but wasn't he projected at the very least a top 5 pick to then later be the 24th pick in the 1st round?? I really doubt that Young will last past pick 5, but one has to be prepared for a lot of scenarios, of any of the "super picks"--Leinart, Bush, Fergerson, Young has the ever so slight chance of dropping. Saban also has a history with the guy as well:

Miami Herald--
So if Young is available with the 16th pick of the NFL Draft, as some pundits have predicted, Miami likely would pick him.
''Everybody knows about Vince Young and his history,'' Saban said Thursday. ``He came to our camp all the time, and it's not hard for me to know that guy. I've known him since he was 14 or 15 years old.''
Saban recruited Young, and the player picked Texas over LSU in what sources close to Young say was a very difficult decision. The Dolphins are among the handful of teams Young has visited leading up to the April 29-30 draft.

Like I said, crazier things have happened in the NFL draft. I went to that Fanball site and they have Jay Cutler going at #17 in the draft and a lot of these "mock" drafts have Cutler going quite early. So like a lot of sites and their mock drafts, it's always fun to check them after the draft and see how way off they are. Who knows what will happen.