Pro Bowl OLB to test FA and he could be cheap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Pro Bowl OLB to test FA and he could be cheap...

but there is a catch. He tore his achillies last year.

Browns | Miller Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    4:42 PT: Updating previous reports, the Akron Beacon Journal reports the Cleveland Browns are apparently willing to let LB Jamir Miller test the free agent waters before they try to re-sign him. Miller has a base salary of $3.975 million for next season, which might be too high for the Browns to pay, not to mention the $14 million roster bonus he’s due. Team president Carmen Policy did say the team would like to re-sign Miller, but it looks like that won’t happen before free agency begins.

This guy was amazing in 2001. 13 sacks. 14 passes defended. 86 tackles. He is going into his tenth year though. Would you take a risk on Miller?

Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Voltron
    • Jul 2002

I think this Team is trying to stay young. I think it may be worth taking a look at. I would not sign him to anything longer than a 4 year contract.
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

he was a beast, and much of clevelands expected dominant defense revolved around him, so when he went down with an injury, it hurt them bad.

it really depends on how well he has recovered.. he wont be cheap though.. dont kid yourself.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

"Miller and agent Leigh Steinberg feel Miller can find his true worth on the free agent market."

That quote from a January 17 website doesn't exactly sound like he'll come cheap. Another article mentions that Miller "would like to stay in Cleveland. I'm not saying he's an impossibility. but there are some hurdles there. BTW, the KFFL site has his NFL career starting in 1995. I'm guessing he's around 30-31.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• clumping platelets

He's coming off an Achilles injury.......no thanks

Comment

• Voltron
            • Jul 2002

Achilles injury

EEEEWWWWWW!!!!

I take back what I said. NO WAY we need an injury waiting to happen. I am still waitng for Cowert to go down again and the Jets to be screwed :)
            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

For a low salary sure, but from the sounds of it he still wants big money.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
                I am still waitng for Cowert to go down again and the Jets to be screwed :)
                Cowart and the Jets won the Division last year... He did pretty good...But i agree that its a bad idea to put all your Defensive eggs in a shakey basket.

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

I believe I mentioned that about a month ago, but I would love to see the Bills sign him.
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I would offer a low contract to him with lots of incentives just incase he doesn't fully recover from the injury.
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                    X