PDA

View Full Version : Question for Phin fans

McBFLO
04-17-2006, 07:44 AM
What is your take on the whole situation with Buffalo, and them possibly moving. Obviously, you don't like them, but that's part of the fun. You love to hate them. So, I would assume you want them to remain in Buffalo to keep the rivalry alive, right?

!Papacrunk!
04-17-2006, 08:01 AM
They should stay in Buffalo. I don't know how to run a stadium/football franchise, but it seems like Wilson needs to get savvier--the Patriots were one of those those small market teams until Kraft started making shrewd decisions to elevate the Patriots franchise. He just can't sit around, not saying he is, but he needs to do more to elevate the Bills franchise into the current century, the fans deserve at least that. Don't the fans usually pack Ralph Wilson each home game?? If so, it's not like they're losing money through ticket sales. Like I said, I don't know what it takes to run a franchise, but one can't be complacent and wait for others to help them out.

To go back to the main part of this thread, the Buffalo Bills need to remain in Buffalo. It just wouldn't be the same if we start beating the Bills in December if it's 65+ degrees in LA. Got to earn it when it's snowing lol.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2006, 09:02 AM
They need to stay in Buffalo! Snow and cold games are a must!! That is all

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Even though Snow and Cold games = Miami meltdown?

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 10:27 AM
at least the snow and cold games are fun to watch. When the Bills have to play in the FL humidity early in the year, it's an advantage for Miami but it doesn't make the play on the field any more interesting.

casdhf
04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Boston > Buffalo ... touch to compare us to a city that size.

dolphan117
04-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I think Ralph needs to sell the team to someone much younger who has the energy to market the team effectivly with the understanding that the Bills stay in Buffalo. I have nothing aginst Ralph but the current financial situation developed under him and if he hade the energy, abilitiy, or some ideas of how to change it I think he would have acted by now. I really think the only hope the Bills have of staying where they are for more then the next 3 years is to get a new owner that has the energy to push for a new stadium that can be used as a centerpeice for hotels restraunts etc as well as selling naming rights to the stadium and marketing the team in any way that he can. We are talking about a heck of a lot of work, planing, and political menuvering to make all that happen and I just dont think Ralph has that kind of energy at his age. As a Dolphin fan I really hope this happens since it just woudnt be the same to play December Bills Fins games in LA.

Bling
04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Can't say that I care. I like this website, but the Bills are probably the rivals I hate the least. However, with that said, we beat you the most of the 3, so I would love to keep you here.

Nublar7
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
One part of me says that I hope they stay. But I have to admit that I would be laughing my ass off at you people. If it hurts the morale here(can't get much lower then it already is), then I am in favor of seeing them move.

However, I have no real say in this, but the writing is on the wall that the Bills will move. I will actually be very suprised if they don't bolt for the west coast in the next few years.