PDA

View Full Version : The Draft that saves the Bills!

alohabillsfan
04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
We can draft all the defense in the world but if they are out there for 40 mins a game we still lose. This is not a 1 year fix it is at least 2, this year we need to fix the trenches it makes out RB, QB, WR, and LB's better! We need to draft for our philosophy I.E. Power running game, and Cover 2 so with that said; There are increasing possibilities in this months draft, see below

" From previous thread"

While on the clock deciding.....4 teams want a trade up Arizona, Vikings, Denver and Ravens.

Arizona is offering there 10 and 2 to move up 2 spots.

Vikings are offering 17, 48, 51 and 3rd

Denver thier 2 #1's.

Ravens 1, 2, and 3 and Kyle Boller or 4th rounder.

If I were Marv and had those choices here is what I would do,

Trade down with Minnesota we need more picks to start to fill all the holes, They must be targeting a QB that they believe will be avail? I would then draft the following if avail. based on the great work by Dozer! Thanks man!

1-(17) LT Marcus McNiell (you think those RB's from Auburn did it by themselves?
2-(42) G Davin Joseph- Oklahoma
2-(48) DT Orien Harris- Miami
2-(51) DT Wright - Texas
3-(70) TE Fasano - ND
3-(73) CB Manning Abilene
3-(83) SS Pollard - Purdue
4-(104) FS Watkins - FSU
5-(129) OG/C Spitz - Louisville
5-(138) RB Riggs - Tenn
6-(169) OT Butler - Virginia
7-(198) LB Schlegel - Ohio
7-(248) WR Marshall UCF

Don't Panic
04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I like the Minnesota option the best, but I don't see them (or anyone else on that list) giving up that much to trade up. I would guess that we could get #17 and #48 for #8, or maybe #17, #48 and #51 for #8 and our second 3rd, but nothing more. Say it's the 2nd option...

17. Chad Jackson, FLA or Chad Greenway, IOWA (assuming Justice and Bunkley are gone... if not, just cross one of the guys below off the list)
42. Whitner, OSU
48. Wroten, LSU
51. Joseph, OKL
70. Scott, TEX

That way, every glaring weakness and you go into day 2 focused on BPA. I would be THRILLED if all of those guys came to us on day 1.

DraftBoy
04-17-2006, 12:19 PM
1-(17) LT Marcus McNiell (you think those RB's from Auburn did it by themselves?
2-(51) DT Wright - Texas
3-(70) TE Fasano - ND
4-(104) FS Watkins - FSU
5-(138) RB Riggs - Tenn
7-(248) WR Marshall UCF

1. reach
2. good pick
2. good pick
3. bad pick
3. Horrible pick
3. good pick
4.Wont be there
5.good pick
5. good pick
6. good pick
7. wont be there
7. wont be there

Be a good draft if the wont be there's, were there but I dont see it. McNeil stock is falling give me Justice or Winston at 17.

Bmax
04-17-2006, 12:22 PM
We can draft all the defense in the world but if they are out there for 40 mins a game we still lose. This is not a 1 year fix it is at least 2, this year we need to fix the trenches it makes out RB, QB, WR, and LB's better! We need to draft for our philosophy I.E. Power running game, and Cover 2 so with that said; There are increasing possibilities in this months draft, see below

" From previous thread"

While on the clock deciding.....4 teams want a trade up Arizona, Vikings, Denver and Ravens.

Arizona is offering there 10 and 2 to move up 2 spots.

Vikings are offering 17, 48, 51 and 3rd

Denver thier 2 #1's.

Ravens 1, 2, and 3 and Kyle Boller or 4th rounder.

If I were Marv and had those choices here is what I would do,

Trade down with Minnesota we need more picks to start to fill all the holes, They must be targeting a QB that they believe will be avail? I would then draft the following if avail. based on the great work by Dozer! Thanks man!

2-(51) DT Wright - Texas
3-(70) TE Fasano - ND
4-(104) FS Watkins - FSU
5-(138) RB Riggs - Tenn
7-(248) WR Marshall UCF

Ok say we take the deal...

1..no on mcneil the spine injury scares me away....I'll take donte whittner who sky rocketing up the charts..ohio st ss

2.- good pick.. but i like spencer a little better...i would go with mcargo here if available

2. harris-pass on him under acheiver..how about whitworth..or college

2.pass on wright see harris. more of a 3-4 end then one gap dt

3. good pick..but do we really need another te....think olb alston stanford

3. great pick..probably have to take him in rd 2 or 1st 3rd pick... he is moving up boards .. some have him going in rd 2.

3. stiff big ss ..pass go with Boothe (cornell) at guard or de from indiana

All the rest are good except schlegel and marshall no way they last until rd 7 ...Marshall so go in rds 3-5...and schlegel in rd 4-6...

Bmax

alohabillsfan
04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
this is what I love about the draft
one says Manning is a horrible pick another says wont be there in the 3rd. I love this time of year it really passes the time at work! :handball:

Luisito23
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Why anyone would wanna trade down, and pick lesser talent is beyond me.

GO BILLS!!!!

alohabillsfan
04-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Why anyone would wanna trade down, and pick lesser talent is beyond me.

GO BILLS!!!!

because we have more holes than we do picks!

Unless you have an OT in mind that can play DT we need picks and there is not that much of a drop off in "talent" from 8 to 15.
P.S. history tells us the 1st rd is 50/50 at best, so increse your odds by incresing the nuber of players it really is simple mathematics!

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I like the Minnesota option the best, but I don't see them (or anyone else on that list) giving up that much to trade up. I would guess that we could get #17 and #48 for #8, or maybe #17, #48 and #51 for #8 and our second 3rd, but nothing more. Say it's the 2nd option...

17. Chad Jackson, FLA or Chad Greenway, IOWA (assuming Justice and Bunkley are gone... if not, just cross one of the guys below off the list)
42. Whitner, OSU
48. Wroten, LSU
51. Joseph, OKL
70. Scott, TEX

That way, every glaring weakness and you go into day 2 focused on BPA. I would be THRILLED if all of those guys came to us on day 1.
How many WRs do we need???

alohabillsfan
04-17-2006, 12:52 PM

It appears we are going with the 5 wide set with a rotation

look for us to also draft Marcus Vick to platoon with JP because they will get exausted running for there lives every down!

R. Rich
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
1. reach
2. good pick
2. good pick
3. bad pick
3. Horrible pick
3. good pick
4.Wont be there
5.good pick
5. good pick
6. good pick
7. wont be there
7. wont be there

Be a good draft if the wont be there's, were there but I dont see it. McNeil stock is falling give me Justice or Winston at 17.

I agree mostly. I really don't want McNeil: too much of a "dancing bear" OT like the bust we just got rid of. I'm tired of these big guys w/ good feet who eventually get exposed as out of shape guys who simply can't handle the speed of the pro game. I'd rather see guys who are big but not huge. Look @ guys like Walter Jones in Seattle or Levi Jones in Cincinnati: good technicians, long arms, excellent pass protectors. That's what I'd like to see @ LT for Buffalo, not another huge, slow reacting guy.

Don't Panic
04-17-2006, 04:18 PM

One more... seriously though, it would be nice to have 2 legit ones.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Not with our top pick that is for sure!

Don't Panic
04-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Not with our top pick that is for sure!

Not ideally, granted. But with 3 2nds and a 3rd, I would feel comfortable still addressing our weaknesses, which are DT, OT, OG and SS. Once again... if Bunkley or Justice slides, or for that matter we're high on Eric Winston, then go with it and take BPAs later. But if Bunkley, Winston and Justice are gone and you're picking #17, who do you take?

Mr. Pink
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I've said this once and I'll say it a thousand more times....When you're a team full of holes and one that so obviously isn't going to be in playoff contention for 2-3 seasons you draft BPA to help you down the road. I think almost everyone here will agree this team isn't 1 or 2 players away from being a contender. If BPA means Huff, Davis, Holmes, Bunkley, Justice, whomever, that should be who is taken. Not someone just because he fills a need.

patmoran2006
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I've said this once and I'll say it a thousand more times....When you're a team full of holes and one that so obviously isn't going to be in playoff contention for 2-3 seasons you draft BPA to help you down the road. I think almost everyone here will agree this team isn't 1 or 2 players away from being a contender. If BPA means Huff, Davis, Holmes, Bunkley, Justice, whomever, that should be who is taken. Not someone just because he fills a need.

agreed..

BPA, and if its a "need" as well.. bonus