PDA

View Full Version : Moulds' interview on radio

ghz in pittsburgh
04-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I won't post the link, just the original message from a guy with a handle of jeep1999. At this point, I have no reason to doubt that he heard and I didn't see a whole lot of subjective opinion on it.

I was out driving around yesterday and heard a Moulds interview on satalite radio. He was asked if there were lockeroom issues with JP being the starter. He said their were (we all knew this), but he went on to say that it really was not all JP's fault. The problems started as soon as Bledsoe was released and MM and TD made him the starter. Apparently alot of the veterans did not like this move and that put JP behind the eight ball from that start with the veterans. He went on to say that he thought the Bills should have stuck with just 1 quaterback throughout the season (JP or KH). He prefered Holcomb because he thought he gave the Bills a better chance at winning. He did give props to JP but said he just wasn't ready to lead the team yet.

I thought it was a good interview and gave alittle insight into how much TD and MM had to do with making things worse than they should have been last year.

He also said he will miss the dedicated Bills fans but he won't miss the snow and cold.
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1916191--><!-- THE POST -->

I think last year me and a lot of others on this board questioned the wisdom of 1) releasing Bledsoe and 2) handing the job to Losman without a competition. Coming to think about it, those that would be upset the most had to be the vets, especially those in Moulds' situation - finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel as far as playoff was concerned but the management took it all away. Takeo would be another one who are in the same boat as Moulds. Had he not being hurt, I would wonder if he would ask for a trade because he's the type who would be willing to buy back his freedom.

I admit that I do see the management side of the picture: Bledsoe is not going to take us to the promising land. But there is no doubt in my mind that Bledsoe would win the QB battle against JP in camp hands down if he's allowed to compete in camp last year. Think about it. If you are a vet on that team last year, you knew JP was not nearly the level of Bledsoe's, and the management wouldn't even allow competition by releasing Bledsoe, handing over the most important position to a rookie. How does that make you feel?

It can get worse if the management's promise that Losman is another Roethlisberger does not materialize and it did.

As it turned out, the management didn't stuck with JP, biting the bullet for the purpose of giving everyone on the team the hope that JP was taking his lumps and getting better for next year.

Donahoe and Mularkay clearly struck out 1-2-3 on those decisions last year!

I don't know who - between Donahoe and Mularkay - made the final call on that one. But I can assure you that if Cowher were the HC, this stuff would never happen.

mybills
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm glad Bledsoe is gone. I never wanted him here. I never doubted EM, or called him a loser like other zoners did. But they're all gone now..especially Donhoe & Mularkey.
:bravo:

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Look here is the deal, the Vets took over the locker room and led a mutany. Most of them involved are gone now. Funny how that happened huh?

Given the job, not given the job, like it or not like it. Their jobs were to STFU and give 100% on the field and they didn't. Moulds just said it wasnt' JP's fault but he and the other vets sure threw his ass under the bus didnt' they?

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm glad Bledsoe is gone. I never wanted him here. I never doubted EM, or called him a loser like other zoners did. But they're all gone now..especially Donhoe & Mularkey.
:bravo:

don't be so gullible. Remember, EM said this himself, and he has a public image to maintain and a new team to impress. He's not going to sit there and go "yeah, it was all me- I undermined the coaches and called out the new QB."

And don't forget- he took less money than he could have gotten from Buffalo (even with a restructure) to go play for the team that's picking #1 in the draft. He's not about winning- he's about making a buck.

Michael82
04-17-2006, 02:14 PM
I love this quote! :rofl:

He went on to say that he thought the Bills should have stuck with just 1 quaterback throughout the season.

Bull****, Moulds! If you felt that way, you should have shut the **** up and quit your *****ing about JP Losman. If you felt that they should have stuck with one or the other, you should have choked on your pride and supported JP, instead of publicly lobbying for Holcomb! :mad:

justasportsfan
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
What? Does this mean he never had a personal vendetta against JP? Is he implying he just wanted to win? He's lying , I'd rather listen to Ice's source. They are more credible, whoever they are.

justasportsfan
04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
I love this quote! :rofl:

Bull****, Moulds! If you felt that way, you should have shut the **** up and quit your *****ing about JP Losman. If you felt that they should have stuck with one or the other, you should have choked on your pride and supported JP, instead of publicly lobbying for Holcomb! :mad: :up: Let's get rid of the locker room cancer Evans for wanting to stick with one qb too. Moulds should've taken Evans with him to Houston. Well said, Mikey.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Moulds is bold face liar. Period. Justa kisses his butt even after he's gone.

Michael82
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
:up: Let's get rid of the locker room cancer Evans for wanting to stick with one qb too. Moulds should've taken Evans with him to Houston. Well said, Mikey.
Evans did NOT publicly come out and beg for Holcomb to start and did not lobby for Holcomb to take over. As a matter of fact, Lee Evans was happy with Losman...he had some very good games when JP was throwing him the ball. :::

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Mikey, Just is a MOULDS fan. he has proven that time and again with his posts. Hell he is defending him now even though the woman beater is gone.

Jersey1031
04-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I understand the wanting to win part, but being part of a split locker room can be an even bigger problem than the reason they were originally split on, in this case the qb situation...He made the problem worse.

justasportsfan
04-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Moulds is bold face liar. Period. Justa kisses his butt even after he's gone.
Haha! I'm not even a MOulds fan. I would say your sources are liars.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Like it or not, this kind of stuff happens and a seasoned HC may handle it better. I strongly believe Mularkay's inexperience at HC made matters worse. Remember he did not have college HC experience and was at OC position for about 3 years only! Yes he did have an experienced assistant coaches, but ultimately players look tp to the HC.

Regardless Moulds' role in the fiasco, his words simple related what the players thought. Handling players is an art, not just Xs and Os. Levy was successful not because of his technical excellance, but the ability to manage people - the players. Belichick was successful in NE because he finally got better at handling players, not just a defensive guru.

I want to call out ICE here. If you believe the players just STFU and give the best in the field, you are wrong. Otherwise life would be so simple and it would be so easy to build good teams. Getting good, willing players is one step; managing them is another. Last year's experience shows TD and MM team failed badly on the second part.

justasportsfan
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Evans did NOT publicly come out and beg for Holcomb to start and did not lobby for Holcomb to take over. As a matter of fact, Lee Evans was happy with Losman...he had some very good games when JP was throwing him the ball. :::He did publicly say that they should stick to one qb though.

Their jobs were to STFU
Maybe Troy Vincent should just STFU when it comes to being the head of the players union. That what leaders do, they STFU. NOT!

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Maybe Troy Vincent should just STFU when it comes to being the head of the players union. That what leaders do, they STFU. NOT!

actually I wish Vincent would STFU with the players union. Millionaires don't need a union, and the fact that the players demanded such a high percentage of revenue is what started all this talk about the Bills moving (and hopefully it's only talk).

justasportsfan
04-17-2006, 02:43 PM
actually I wish Vincent would STFU with the players union. Millionaires don't need a union, and the fact that the players demanded such a high percentage of revenue is what started all this talk about the Bills moving (and hopefully it's only talk).
Point is, leaders don't STFU! I doubt Kelly kept his mouth shut. Sam Adams was a problem and wasn't even a proven bill all these years. Moulds was. After everything he's done for this team, he deserved the title and was tired of all the sucking this team did. Are the fans happy with everytihng that's happened since TD was hired? NO. So if fans can b!tch why can't players? Don't tell me they make millions so they just need to zip it. It doesn't work that way when you are a competitor.

I don't blame him but his not wanting to stay ruined all that he did, but that was after the fact.

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Point is, leaders don't STFU! I doubt Kelly kept his mouth shut. Sam Adams was a problem and wasn't even a proven bill all these years. Moulds was. After everything he's done for this team, he deserved the title and was tired of all the sucking this team did. Are the fans happy with everytihng that's happened since TD was hired? NO. So if fans can b!tch why can't players? Don't tell me they make millions so they just need to zip it. It doesn't work that way when you are a competitor.

I don't blame him but his not wanting to stay ruined all that he did, but that was after the fact.

true, but there are good ways and bad ways to lead. Now, I wasn't in the locker room so I don't know what happened, but on the surface it appeared that Moulds destroyed JP's confidence and helped create a divide amongst the Holcomb supporters and JP supporters (or at least players who were not willing to challenge the coach).

One thing's for sure, though- this confirmed what many of us thought all along: the vets were unhappy that JP didn't have to earn his job. Mularkey and TD COMPLETELY blew that.

justasportsfan
04-17-2006, 02:56 PM
true, but there are good ways and bad ways to lead. Now, I wasn't in the locker room so I don't know what happened, but on the surface it appeared that Moulds destroyed JP's confidence and helped create a divide amongst the Holcomb supporters and JP supporters (or at least players who were not willing to challenge the coach).

One thing's for sure, though- this confirmed what many of us thought all along: the vets were unhappy that JP didn't have to earn his job. Mularkey and TD COMPLETELY blew that.JP was a victim. He just happened to be in the middle of the vets and the coaches decision to get rid of Drew. The coaches set the team to fail and the vets didn't like that. they weren't wrong in thinking that Holcomb gave us the better chance and that JP wasn't ready. These vets didn't have a lot of time left in their career. They wanted to win. That was what TD implied when they were brought in. Instead they set them back by going with a rookie.

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah I agree that JP was just in the wrong place at the wrong time- it wasn't his fault that MM and TD have their heads up their asses.

The vets were promised wins, but if you remember the line going into 05 was that the D and ST carried the team the previous year, so all JP had to do was be mediocre and the team would win. Well, JP wasn't mediocre (maybe not his fault, the whole O was terrible and the coaching made it worse) and the D fell apart, and ST can only get you so far. When the wins didn't come, that's when Moulds and the other vets got all pissy.

Now, IMO a better thing to do from Moulds' perspective would be to call for a QB competition in camp, when it still mattered. The flipside of this is that Moulds didn't know we'd be 1-3 after a month during camp.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-17-2006, 03:05 PM
And watch what Jauron/Levy has been saying since came on board: every position is open for grabs thru COMPETITION.

I think the problem was so obvious that it is easy for them to find a direct theme for it, sometime maybe to an extreme.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Haha! I'm not even a MOulds fan. I would say your sources are liars.

My sources didn't say you were a moulds lover, I did. And your posts back it up.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Like it or not, this kind of stuff happens and a seasoned HC may handle it better. I strongly believe Mularkay's inexperience at HC made matters worse. Remember he did not have college HC experience and was at OC position for about 3 years only! Yes he did have an experienced assistant coaches, but ultimately players look tp to the HC.

Regardless Moulds' role in the fiasco, his words simple related what the players thought. Handling players is an art, not just Xs and Os. Levy was successful not because of his technical excellance, but the ability to manage people - the players. Belichick was successful in NE because he finally got better at handling players, not just a defensive guru.

I want to call out ICE here. If you believe the players just STFU and give the best in the field, you are wrong. Otherwise life would be so simple and it would be so easy to build good teams. Getting good, willing players is one step; managing them is another. Last year's experience shows TD and MM team failed badly on the second part.

Yes players should STFU and do their jobs. Deal with the S@!# in the proper way. Throwing your QB under the bus and having a mutany is NOT the way to do things. ALL of those 'rumored' to be part of it are now off of this team. The rest of the Veterans 'Fit the system' but just those guys didn't? Right...

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 03:12 PM

Leaders DO STFU and DO THEIR JOBS. Kelly did his job, Moulds didn't.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes players should STFU and do their jobs. Deal with the S@!# in the proper way. Throwing your QB under the bus and having a mutany is NOT the way to do things. ALL of those 'rumored' to be part of it are now off of this team. The rest of the Veterans 'Fit the system' but just those guys didn't? Right...

I can't believe a team with STFU players can win. There is professionism of doing the best you can because you are paid to do so and there is passion, belief that you can win with your teamates. At this highest level, professionism is not going to win you anything.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 03:41 PM
I can't believe a team with STFU players can win. There is professionism of doing the best you can because you are paid to do so and there is passion, belief that you can win with your teamates. At this highest level, professionism is not going to win you anything.

It's not? So acting with class and being a professional isn't going to get you anywhere?

How about they do their damn jobs? I would rather Moulds and co go out and give 100% then run thier mouths, stab a fellow player in the back to serve their own needs.

God forbid they have to do their jobs, and their jobs is to go out and play, not ***** and moan.

I will say again, funny how those guys involved are not on this team anymore but the rest of the vets 'fit in the system'.