PDA

View Full Version : CFL Football in Buffalo. Good idea?

blackonyx89
04-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Actually there was a guy who wrote an article in Sunday's paper about the Bills acquiring a Canadian football franchise if the Bills left. I think it's not a bad idea. It's football and the CFL has a longer history tha the NFL does and a number of great players has come out of that league and it's way cheaper to keep.

We need to channel our football fever into a new franchise,even if it is Canadian.

So what do you think?

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 12:58 PM
F the CFL.

blackonyx89
04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
But how do you really feel?LOL!

Typ0
04-17-2006, 01:02 PM
this whole situation stinks.

Jan Reimers
04-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Buffalo is a BILLS town. A CFL team would draw about as well as the Destroyers, who are now in Columbus.

Anyway, the Bills ARE NOT leaving. Let's not waste time planning for their replacement.

BAM
04-17-2006, 01:19 PM
WTF is the CFL?

hammerbillsfan
04-17-2006, 01:22 PM
F the CFL.

HEY! :mad:

http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2004/200411/images/HamiltonTiger-Cats_retro.jpg

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 01:34 PM
If the Bills leave, why not?

LtBillsFan66
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
No one wants to watch inferior football.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Buffalo is a BILLS town. A CFL team would draw about as well as the Destroyers, who are now in Columbus.

Anyway, the Bills ARE NOT leaving. Let's not waste time planning for their replacement.

if Buffalo is a BILLS town, then Fans need to quit *****ing about what it will take to keep them. Increased tickets, Naming rights etc.

Fans can't have it both ways

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't probably ever go to any games. Football would be ruined for me.

Jan Reimers
04-17-2006, 01:44 PM
if Buffalo is a BILLS town, then Fans need to quit *****ing about what it will take to keep them. Increased tickets, Naming rights etc.

Fans can't have it both ways
I agree. Ralph should sell the naming rights and increase ticket prices. I would be willing to pay substantially more for my seats, particularly if it helped guarantee that the Bills were staying.

NC-BILLS44
04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I agree. Ralph should sell the naming rights and increase ticket prices. I would be willing to pay substantially more for my seats, particularly if it helped guarantee that the Bills were staying.

As always, you are right on the money. No pun intended.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 02:01 PM

LMAO, you are the minority. I read guys on here screaming the economy can't afford it blah blah blah. Either they do or the bills move. It's that simple.

Ralph and Bills fans can't sit here and expect the rest of the NFL to bail them out. Either they can step up and do what is needed to keep the team or its
gone

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 02:07 PM
LMAO, you are the minority. I read guys on here screaming the economy can't afford it blah blah blah. Either they do or the bills move. It's that simple.

Ralph and Bills fans can't sit here and expect the rest of the NFL to bail them out. Either they can step up and do what is needed to keep the team or its
gone
I and all my friends(we have discussed this) would pay double if it meant keeping the team.

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 02:08 PM
I and all my friends(we have discussed this) would pay double if it meant keeping the team. As true Bills fans would.

And what gets me is these 'I won't pay anymore' Guys WILL be replaced by others that will. I read that the 70+K worth of seats wont be filled if we increase ticket prices by 160.00 per year or 20.00 per ticket. I am willing to bet that if this team shows improvement, and starts winning, it will be packed EVERY home game.

Jan Reimers
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I and all my friends(we have discussed this) would pay double if it meant keeping the team.
Me too, Thurm. Money is only money, but the Bills are a way of life, even if I do hate them at times.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Me too, Thurm. Money is only money, but the Bills are a way of life, even if I do hate them at times.
Exactly. They are currently like 400 bucks. That is like 4 nights out on the town.

Michael82
04-17-2006, 02:28 PM
If the Bills leave, why not?
Exactly! IF the Bills happened to leave, I could see a CFL team becoming pretty successful here. They can use the Ralph and it would help us NFL haters fill our football fix without going to the darkside.

OpIv37
04-17-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't think a CFL franchise would be as meaningful as the Bills, at least not for many years. But it would be football in Buffalo and it would get fans.

Jersey1031
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
No way...I'd way rather watch Major League Baseball than Minor League, or NBA to Streetball...Hell, I'd rather watch NFL Europe over CFL...

BAM
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
CFL?

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 03:11 PM
CFL?
Bammer the Canadian Football League.

BAM
04-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Since when do Canadians play football?

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Are you being serious Bammer?

BAM
04-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Yah I thought they were only allowed to play hockey and curling....

ticatfan
04-17-2006, 03:44 PM
If you guys lost your team and a CFL team was to arrive in buffalo,the football fans would love the CFL after they understaqnd the game and realize that is is not the same as the NFL. Apple and oranges. Now the bills fans would whine and never go to a game ,it would be your loss. Baltimore was putting 35000 in to the seats before the NFL moved back.Just think ,it starts early (july1) lot nicer weather for the tailgaters. And more scantly dressed women in july and thru then is in dec.lol

Michael82
04-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Since when do Canadians play football?
http://www.wendellphillips.com/images/sports/09-CFL.jpg

http://pointme.to/football/images/cfl-snow.jpg

http://www.canoe.ca/Argos/Gallery/2005/1027/2005/10/28/1027_18.jpg

http://www.esks.com/media/images/photogallery2005/july30hamatedm/050730Montford033.JPG

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics25/400/CZ/CZJJKDLBVXAGWOG.20050623051701.jpg

And yes Phil, there is cheerleaders.... :up:
http://www.canoe.ca/Argos/Gallery/2005/0910/2005/09/11/050910_5.jpg

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics5/400/OJ/OJFLPSEUSDOQGKD.20050623052344.jpg

The_Philster
04-17-2006, 03:51 PM
And yes Phil, there is cheerleaders.... :up:
http://www.canoe.ca/Argos/Gallery/2005/0910/2005/09/11/050910_5.jpgI know that...Elizabeth who was on the Jills the past few years is a former cheerleader for the Argos and the TiCats...and she choreographed the routine for the Argos cheerleaders tryouts last week

hammerbillsfan
04-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Ahhhhhhh french girls. :up: :drool:

Michael82
04-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I know that...Elizabeth who was on the Jills the past few years is a former cheerleader for the Argos and the TiCats...and she choreographed the routine for the Argos cheerleaders tryouts last week
Here ya go.... http://www.stampeders.com/mediagallery/out_05week11/09.jpg

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
HECK NO!!! the NFL is alot better they have better rules, better players than the CFL besides we don't want any of those Cunucks here.

Billscusey
04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
HECK NO!!! the NFL is alot better they have better rules, better players than the CFL besides we don't want any of those Cunucks here.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch it there LOSman, Canucks are one of the reasons why the Bills are STILL in Buffalo! The Western New York area may be "poor" as RW says, but we are doing just fine up here in Canada, and if the ticket prices jump up, you can be sure that us Canucks aren't going to have a problem paying the escalated prices! Face it, like it or not, the Bills need Canadians to survive! (P.S. I hate the CFL, by the way!)

PromoTheRobot
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
You forget that a CFL field is 40 yards longer than an NFL field (30yd end zones), so you couldn't play a regulation CFL game in RWS. It wouldn't fit, and there's no money to spend on tearing seats out just to make room.

Frankly, if the UB Bulls improve under new coach Turner Gill, I could see college football filling the void if the Bills leave. Have you seen the Bulls schedule this year? Auburn, BC, Temple, West Virginia! They are playing the cream of the college crop. Just imagine a UB/Syracuse game at RWS!

PTR

Nighthawk
04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch it there LOSman, Canucks are one of the reasons why the Bills are STILL in Buffalo! The Western New York area may be "poor" as RW says, but we are doing just fine up here in Canada, and if the ticket prices jump up, you can be sure that us Canucks aren't going to have a problem paying the escalated prices! Face it, like it or not, the Bills need Canadians to survive! (P.S. I hate the CFL, by the way!)

Excellent point. The Bills are a regional franchise and that region includes Canada. Oh and yes, the CFL does suck.

hammerbillsfan
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
:wtf: is with this Canada & CFL bashing???????????

:rage:

BillsFever21
04-18-2006, 06:34 AM
I would never have the urge to pay for a CFL game.

Turf
04-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Actually there was a guy who wrote an article in Sunday's paper about the Bills acquiring a Canadian football franchise if the Bills left. I think it's not a bad idea. It's football and the CFL has a longer history tha the NFL does and a number of great players has come out of that league and it's way cheaper to keep.

We need to channel our football fever into a new franchise,even if it is Canadian.

So what do you think?

Blasphemy. Horrible idea. No way. God that is so stupid it goes off the scale.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2006, 08:36 AM
I will say that it would be cool to have a CFL team in conjuction with the Bills. Then I wouldn't have a negative feeling towards football and would probably like the CFL team also. I do joke with Ticat now and again but the CFL is fun to watch when there is no NFL on.

ticatfan
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
:wtf: is with this Canada & CFL bashing???????????

:rage:It is called jealously. We have a more faster quicker game and better rules. The lad that said the NFL has better rules. Well how are your rules better when they make the game so slow. The CFLer's are better community players, not like the overpaid spoiled gansters playing in the NFL. The CFL scares the NFL, Why do you think they put a team back in baltimore so fast after the stallions were doing well. The CFL expansion into the states failed because of how it was set up, not because of the game it self.If a player had a choice to play either american or the canadian game for the same money,say goodbye to the NFL, the CFL is alot more fun style of football to play. And the american tv audiance is growing leaps and bounds. And the fact that the CFL is more about the game then all the hype. That is the big selling point of the NFL,it is all hype and people get caught up in it, so are you really football fans or just NFL tv fans. There is a big difference. And the players are getting alot better, like cokehead carter ,if he is clean, he will do well up here and we have another good QB to watch. And of cousre the games are so different, players are smaller and faster because of the big field, really players have to be in a lot better shape to play here then down there. 3 DOWN FOOTBALL RULES.

BAM
04-18-2006, 11:15 AM
3 DOWN FOOTBALL RULES.
Yah... I enjoy watching punt after punt myself.

CFL is boring to watch. Where you got that "excitement" part I don't know.

hammerbillsfan
04-18-2006, 11:18 AM

CFL is boring to watch. Where you got that "excitement" part I don't know.

This is funny. :rolleyes:

WAY more scoring in the CFL than the NFL.

BAM
04-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I do like the fact that there are no fair catches allowed though!

BAM
04-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I dunno I just can't get into it for some reason. Apparently I am not alone per CFL's attendance figures and their failure in several US cities...

hammerbillsfan
04-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I dunno I just can't get into it for some reason. Apparently I am not alone per CFL's attendance figures...

Who's figures? Don't go by Toronto's numbers... they suck.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Bam They do Pass all the time and that can be seen as exciting.

blackonyx89
04-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I not against bringing in a CFL franchise.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2006, 11:27 AM
It is called jealously. We have a more faster quicker game and better rules. The lad that said the NFL has better rules. Well how are your rules better when they make the game so slow. The CFLer's are better community players, not like the overpaid spoiled gansters playing in the NFL. The CFL scares the NFL, Why do you think they put a team back in baltimore so fast after the stallions were doing well. The CFL expansion into the states failed because of how it was set up, not because of the game it self.If a player had a choice to play either american or the canadian game for the same money,say goodbye to the NFL, the CFL is alot more fun style of football to play. And the american tv audiance is growing leaps and bounds. And the fact that the CFL is more about the game then all the hype. That is the big selling point of the NFL,it is all hype and people get caught up in it, so are you really football fans or just NFL tv fans. There is a big difference. And the players are getting alot better, like cokehead carter ,if he is clean, he will do well up here and we have another good QB to watch. And of cousre the games are so different, players are smaller and faster because of the big field, really players have to be in a lot better shape to play here then down there. 3 DOWN FOOTBALL RULES.
Lets not get into this argument. CFL rules will never be used in the NFL. The NFL is a better league.

Not hating on the CFL. Seems like you guys have a good time up there!

ticatfan
04-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I dunno I just can't get into it for some reason. Apparently I am not alone per CFL's attendance figures and their failure in several US cities...Attendance is waaaay up in the CFL,that is why they are now making money offf of tv rights. The cities that the CFL tried to get in was the problem, playing in las vegas in july. And to the canadian anti CFL'ers,the cfl draws more then the NFl and the grey cup is the biggest draw in canada,even more then the stanley cup.

ticatfan
04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Lets not get into this argument. CFL rules will never be used in the NFL. The NFL is a better league.

Not hating on the CFL. Seems like you guys have a good time up there!Take a look at your rule changes in the last 10 years. You have the better players because of the money. But there still is alot of great players out there, not enough room in the NFL for them all.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Not debating you on that Ticat.

ticatfan
04-18-2006, 12:43 PM

CFL is boring to watch. Where you got that "excitement" part I don't know.Lets run the ball for 3 1/4 yards every play. Lets end the game at 58 minutes,and the fair catch,nice *** rule,and the what 40 -45 sec huddles,what are they doing ordering pizza in there.lol

ticatfan
04-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Bam They do Pass all the time and that can be seen as exciting.Our top 10 rushers combined for 10,914 yards, one of them is a QB,any QB's rush for more then 1000 yrds down there?

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Our top 10 rushers combined for 10,914 yards, one of them is a QB,any QB's rush for more then 1000 yrds down there?
So now they rush for more yards too. Dang what can't they do up there?(I guess play defense)

ticatfan
04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
So now they rush for more yards too. Dang what can't they do up there?(I guess play defense)Defence is harder to do with the big field.