PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams on Sirus

Tatonka
04-17-2006, 08:23 PM
he was on today while i was in the car..

i will say this.. he is a class act all the way.. and damn i wish he was still here.. but he said that buffalo was a great place to play and that he loved the area, fans, and team. he was thankful for buffalo giving him the opportunity to play.

they grilled him on the situation last season and he said he would not point fingers at anyone.

he said the team was clearly split between young guys and vets.. he basically said just what moulds did. he said that the vets were under the impression that they were going to be making a run for it, but then they cut drew and were playing for the future with jp.. then the flip floping started going on and it just divided the team even more.

he said that he does believe that jp has an incredible amount of talent, and then this stood out to me.. he said that jp needs to "listen to the advice of the veterans on the team" and he needs to learn from his mistakes and he will be a great qb.. the way he said it came across as jp was offered advice from some of the vets and didnt take it, but that is just an assumption.

he also said buffalo would have a better chance to win now with holcombe but jp is the future.

he then went on to say he would be in the next 2-3 probowls and that he is as dominant now as he has ever been. he said he will destroy anyone lined up in front of him next season. i still like the guy. well spoken.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 08:25 PM
well, let's hope JP has matured a little and will appease some vets by at least trying their advice every now and then.

Dozerdog
04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Good luck Sam!

:up:

ICE74129
04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
He may talk like a class act, but acted like a jackass. Holcomb to win now? In what arena league football?

We start that assclown we have already lost before playing a single down. I guess sam missed the part where holcomb was 3-4 this year. (yes 3-4 the KC game is JP's)

DraftBoy
04-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Guy is a class act! His comments though continue to scare me with JP as our only future QB.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I think... if the line in front of him has improved, and he learns to trust them and feel comfortable in the pocket, we will see a completely different JP/Bills Offense this year - one that will tire opposing Ds, and keep it's own D fresh.

TacklingDummy
04-18-2006, 06:01 AM
We start that assclown we have already lost before playing a single down. I guess sam missed the part where holcomb was 3-4 this year. (yes 3-4 the KC game is JP's)

If JP starts next year, the first game the announcers are gonna say JP was 1-7 as the Bills starter last year, mark my words.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Guy is a class act! His comments though continue to scare me with JP as our only future QB.

Why? he was a brash kid and acted like one. I doubt Jimbo took much heed from the 'Veterans' when he came here either. Most young studs dont. Elway was a total Tool in Denver, no one liked him.

JP has a stronger staff here and a guy that can actually compete with him (Nall) so either he gets it or he doesnt.

ryjam282
04-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Big Sam has always been a well spoken guy. He has never been one to call someone out or point fingers. He always comes across as a good guy. I always liked him, he may have acted like a jerk when we sucked but what do you expect from a pro bowl DT that hates to lose? I like Big Sam and wish him well in Cincy.

Tatonka
04-18-2006, 09:15 AM
i disagree that sam could not help this team. especially in a rotation.

OpIv37
04-18-2006, 09:41 AM
i disagree that sam could not help this team. especially in a rotation.

I agree- Adams and Triplett side by side would be a force. He's definitely better than any DT on our roster, with the possible exception of Triplett. It's true that he's getting old but he's still got 2-3 years of production left in him.

Unfortunately he burned too many bridges with his mouth/attitude last year.

buffalofan19
04-18-2006, 09:49 AM
If JP starts next year, the first game the announcers are gonna say JP was 1-7 as the Bills starter last year, mark my words.

He was. JP was the backup for the Kansas City game. That doesn't count for a win in a start. Even if you do count that game, 2-7 doesn't look that much more impressive.

HAMMER
04-18-2006, 10:20 AM
I agree- Adams and Triplett side by side would be a force. He's definitely better than any DT on our roster, with the possible exception of Triplett. It's true that he's getting old but he's still got 2-3 years of production left in him.

Well said, Sam could help our team on the field, but in the lockerroom? I have to disagree with Tonk's "class act" classification, and so do 3 or 4 other teams that have let him walk. Actions speak much louder than words.

justasportsfan
04-18-2006, 10:47 AM
he said that jp needs to "listen to the advice of the veterans on the team" and he needs to learn from his mistakes and he will be a great qb.. the way he said it came across as jp was offered advice from some of the vets and didnt take it, but that is just an assumption.

. Seems like JP needs to get rid of that attitude that his rb described him back in college. When JP started to take the advice of the vets saying to trust his wr's to make plays last year, he sure played better. Vets don't aren't always right but when you play with players who've had sb rings and probowl experience , you listen to them. They are the one's you play with on the field.

Sam would've been able to play well if he stayed on but would've been gone in a couple of years. Like I said before , I think Marv would rather get a young Dt to play as a unit for years to come.

ICE74129
04-18-2006, 10:52 AM

Exactly, more fans need to realise this. All involved with the 'mutany' are gone now.