PDA

View Full Version : Miami fans officially biggest homers

thejetfan
04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...d.php?t=137144

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...d.php?t=137143

They're trying to say that Ronnie Brown is a top 10 RB after he had one average season and that Brown is currently a better NFL RB then the Cadillac. They also think that Chambers is a better WR then Joe Horn and Issac Bruce even though Chambers had one good season and has shown no sign of being consistent, yet. Idiots... I guess if Jerricho Cotchery of the New York Jets has 60 catches at 8 TDs next year he's automatically a top 10 WR? They need to get a clue...

Devin
04-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Wow lol.

I wont argue that Brown isnt a great back or even that he has miles of potential.....but top 10? After 1 season? Caddy only played 14 games, had he played all 16 hed have likely broken 1300-1400 yards.

Regardless, Brown is a great player but top 10 in todays NFL....not hardly.

Bling
04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Better than Caddy? That's a matter of opinion. I think he is, and the only person outside of Tommy Tuberville that has the best opinion is Nick Saban. I trust that opinion.

Top 10? Not yet.

Bling
04-17-2006, 09:20 PM
But honestly, why are you posting that over here?

Devin
04-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Better than Caddy? That's a matter of opinion. I think he is, and the only person outside of Tommy Tuberville that has the best opinion is Nick Saban. I trust that opinion.

Top 10? Not yet.

Probably one of the few posts youve made i agree with.

Both backs posses qualities the other doesnt. I can truly see them being pretty balanced in coming years as far as production.

feelthepain
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Wow lol.

I wont argue that Brown isnt a great back or even that he has miles of potential.....but top 10? After 1 season? Caddy only played 14 games, had he played all 16 hed have likely broken 1300-1400 yards.

Regardless, Brown is a great player but top 10 in todays NFL....not hardly.

Ronnie didn't play a full season either and finished just shy of 1000 yrds rushing. Ricky finished the year strong he ran for 300 yrds the last two games combined and finished with 743 yrds with a 4.4 avg. ypc and 6 TD's between the two thats nearly 1800 yrds and 10 TD's, I'm not trying to make excuses because I don't have to, but compare that to Caddy's 1178 yrds and 4.1 ypc and Caddy had nearly 100 more touches then Brown, those numbers favor Brown.

Caddy also didn't split the carries with anyone and he didn't go into a system that was in it's first year. I think Caddy is a very good RB, but not better then Ronnie and obviously neither does Nick. Nick coached against both backs many times, he's seen more film on the two of them then anybody and he had the chance to choose either. According to Nick he chose the back that had more to offer in his opinion. I'd say that's a pretty knowledgeable opinion.

As for homers, every team site has their share. I could find a few ridiculous posts here, finheaven or at Jets nation that are like the ones posted above. Big deal, there just opinions it's not life or death and I'll bet most that post that way are in their teens and probably given the choice would rather spend a Sunday at the mall then watching a football game.

clumping platelets
04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Miami fans homers??? Please say it ain't so :roflmao:

Bill Brasky
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Joe Horn is a top 5 WR... Chambers is good, but he's not even a top 10 WR IMO.

Slim
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM

Chambers is not top 10.... Im pretty sure half of the yards he had last season was agianst us though.

Devin
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Chambers is a solid WR, a great #2 WR.

He had'nt had a 1K season yet in his career, and had he not had 238 yards against us he would have had yet another mediocre season as a #1 with 880 yards.

That being said the Fins havent had a QB since Marino and their other WR's have basically sucked major ASS.

Bill Brasky
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't see why we're bashing the Fins fans here...

They have talent in Brown and Chambers, it's justifiable for them to be excited.

The Bills have "unproven talent" in a lot of different positions.

Last year, they had "unproven talent" in Losman and a lot of people here thought we were going to the playoffs and winning 11-12 games.

Bling
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
No.

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Torry Holt
4. Chad Johnson
5. Steve Smith

You're telling me you'd take Horn over them? top 10, yes.

Bling
04-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Chambers is a solid WR, a great #2 WR.

He had'nt had a 1K season yet in his career, and had he not had 238 yards against us he would have had yet another mediocre season as a #1 with 880 yards.

That being said the Fins havent had a QB since Marino and their other WR's have basically sucked major ASS.

A great #2 implies that he's worse than 32 #1 WR's. You can't tell me 15 WR's better than him. He's a solid #1.

Devin
04-17-2006, 10:44 PM
No.

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Torry Holt
4. Chad Johnson
5. Steve Smith

Gotta agree again. Although Id throw either of the AZ duo (Boldin/Fitz in instead of Holt)

Devin
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
A great #2 implies that he's worse than 32 #1 WR's. You can't tell me 15 WR's better than him. He's a solid #1.

To some degree your right. Ill give you that, I dont know if id agree that hes a solid #1, but like E-Mo to some degree hes a victim of circumstance to poor players at QB/WR.

Bill Brasky
04-17-2006, 10:48 PM
No.

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Torry Holt
4. Chad Johnson
5. Steve Smith

I would take Horn over Holt.

Bling
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
To some degree your right. Ill give you that, I dont know if id agree that hes a solid #1, but like E-Mo to some degree hes a victim of circumstance to poor players at QB/WR.

He's not an elite WR. He's a good one. Even with Culpepper, I doubt he ever really solidifies being better than a top 10 WR. He doesn't seem to have that spunk to him... maybe because he has no endzone dances, I guess. The only time I've ever really seen him take over is the Bills game and that Thanksgiving game vs. Dallas.

Bill Brasky
04-17-2006, 10:50 PM
and just for the record, I love Randy Moss. He is probably my fav player in the NFL, but you guys should keep in mind that he does not catch a lot of passes. He is primarily a deep threat who puts up a lot of TD's.

He's pretty similar to Lee Evans...

Devin
04-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Hed have probably had a great game regardless, but man did Clements just go to sleep that game. Chambers made Clements his ***** the entire game.

Bill Brasky
04-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Hed have probably had a great game regardless, but man did Clements just go to sleep that game. Chambers made Clements his ***** the entire game.

It was also a product of poor coaching.

I remember watching several plays where they had Chambers mis-matched with other guys.

I don't even think they had Clements on Chambers for the last play of the game.

I'm not a big Nate Clements fan, but that game wasn't all his fault.

Just like every other game last year, the coaching screwed us.

Bling
04-17-2006, 10:52 PM
I would take Horn over Holt.

Holt has gone, get this, 6 straight seasons over 1300 yards. Best season was 1696. Horn has 3 1300 seasons. Best season was 1399. I don't know. There definitely is an arguement with the whole QB situation between the two. One has the greatest show on turf, and the other just sits in the one of the worst NFL Franchise. I would not deny that Horn is a great WR.

Bill Brasky
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Holt has gone, get this, 6 straight seasons over 1300 yards. Best season was 1696. Horn has 3 1300 seasons. Best season was 1399. I don't know. There definitely is an arguement with the whole QB situation between the two. One has the greatest show on turf, and the other just sits in the one of the worst NFL Franchise. I would not deny that Horn is a great WR.
Well, that is the basic argument between the two.

Aaron Brooks is a decent QB, but he is def not on par with Bulger or even Warner in his prime. And to Horn's credit, he's put up big numbers w/o the aid of a solid #2 WR, TE, or steady running-game as McAllister is often injured.

Also, keep in mind that Holt played along Bruce, who in his prime was a bonafied #1 WR, and Marshall Faulk in the backfield, who was the best RB in football for a long time. I think it's safe to say that any of these guys in your list could have put up the same numbers as Holt.

If it were up to me and I was picking a fantasy team, I would probably take Holt just because of the situation he is in... but talent-wise I think Horn is a better WR.

I think it goes w/o question that Moss, Johnson, and Smith are the 3 best WR's in the NFL.

feelthepain
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM

When has Chambers ever had a good QB throwing him the ball?? I think until he gets that, he can't be judged fairly.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM

I bet I could name you 15 that are better...

And Lee Evans will be one of them after this year.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2006, 11:23 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...d.php?t=137144

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...d.php?t=137143

They're trying to say that Ronnie Brown is a top 10 RB after he had one average season and that Brown is currently a better NFL RB then the Cadillac. They also think that Chambers is a better WR then Joe Horn and Issac Bruce even though Chambers had one good season and has shown no sign of being consistent, yet. Idiots... I guess if Jerricho Cotchery of the New York Jets has 60 catches at 8 TDs next year he's automatically a top 10 WR? They need to get a clue...We don't all say that! He definitely has the potential to be top 5-10. Just not yet!

LtFinFan66
04-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't see why we're bashing the Fins fans here...

They have talent in Brown and Chambers, it's justifiable for them to be excited.

The Bills have "unproven talent" in a lot of different positions.

Last year, they had "unproven talent" in Losman and a lot of people here thought we were going to the playoffs and winning 11-12 games.:goodpost: To sit here and bash homers is nuts. There are plenty of homers here as with any team out there.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM

And Lee Evans will be one of them after this year.Uh...no!

Nublar7
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM

And Lee Evans will be one of them after this year.

H
O
M
E
R

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:37 PM

1. Steve Smith
2. T.O.
3. Randy Moss
4. Torry Holt
5. Hines Ward
6. Marvin Harrison
7. Chad Johnson
8. Santana Moss
9. Joe Horn
10. Plaxico Burress
11. Steven Jackson
13. Anquan Boldin
14. Roy Williams
15. The one rookie wide reciever that did better than Lee Evans his rookie year that plays for Tampa Bay...
16. I could go on - I really could... Wanna See?!? :snicker:

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... ERIC MOULDS - Yes, that's right, Eric Moulds is still better than Chris Chambers.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:39 PM
H
O
M
E
R

Um yeah, I think we all saw what Lee Evans is capable of against you guys in the comeback we surrendered - with Losman starting (and hopefully maturing), you can expect a HELL of a lot more of that - 3 touchdowns in one quarter... I can't wait to see what Lee Evans pulls out this year.

!Papacrunk!
04-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Well except for 3 teams from the above list, all had exceptional QBs. Take that as an excuse, but I think Marvin Harrison will be a great WR where ever he is, but I think he's a bit thankful that he has Peyton Manning to throw him the ball. Call it either the Popular Bowl or the Pro Bowl, but Chambers made it with Gus Frerrotte throwing him the ball. If Culpepper can come back and be solid, then I guess then we will see if Chambers has been a survivor of subpar QBs or he's forever that great #2 that some think he is. Other than that this is all just a pissing contest really.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Well, that is the basic argument between the two.

Aaron Brooks is a decent QB, but he is def not on par with Bulger or even Warner in his prime. And to Horn's credit, he's put up big numbers w/o the aid of a solid #2 WR, TE, or steady running-game as McAllister is often injured.

Also, keep in mind that Holt played along Bruce, who in his prime was a bonafied #1 WR, and Marshall Faulk in the backfield, who was the best RB in football for a long time. I think it's safe to say that any of these guys in your list could have put up the same numbers as Holt.

If it were up to me and I was picking a fantasy team, I would probably take Holt just because of the situation he is in... but talent-wise I think Horn is a better WR.

I think it goes w/o question that Moss, Johnson, and Smith are the 3 best WR's in the NFL.

My top three goes...

1. Steve Smith
2. T.O.
3. Randy Moss

dolfan25
04-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Um yeah, I think we all saw what Lee Evans is capable of against you guys in the comeback we surrendered - with Losman starting (and hopefully maturing), you can expect a HELL of a lot more of that - 3 touchdowns in one quarter... I can't wait to see what Lee Evans pulls out this year.

Weird game to chose to show how average Chris Chambers is

Bling
04-17-2006, 11:53 PM
1. Steve Smith
2. T.O.
3. Randy Moss
4. Torry Holt
5. Hines Ward
6. Marvin Harrison
7. Chad Johnson
8. Santana Moss
9. Joe Horn
10. Plaxico Burress
11. Steven Jackson
13. Anquan Boldin
14. Roy Williams
15. The one rookie wide reciever that did better than Lee Evans his rookie year that plays for Tampa Bay...
16. I could go on - I really could... Wanna See?!? :snicker:

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... ERIC MOULDS - Yes, that's right, Eric Moulds is still better than Chris Chambers.

Steven Jackson is a RB, Roy Williams has yet to go over 1000, say EMo and you're an idiot. Based on pure talent, I will only agree that 13 of the players you listed are better than Chambers. Then you factor in who their QB is, what the other team is ranked, and 15 is about right for Chambers.

Didn't know a Bills fan would be so passionate about hating on Chambers... ROFL

!Papacrunk!
04-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Um yeah, I think we all saw what Lee Evans is capable of against you guys in the comeback we surrendered:rolleyes:. Surrendering means the team gave up, correct? I guess we used Wanny as our scapegoats, I guess everyone needs some at some point, even though I'd say Wanny did a lot more damage than the previous Bills regime, despite Wanny having a better record. (That's what you call riding the talent estabished before him.) I'd still say that no matter where Mularkey ended up.

with Losman starting (and hopefully maturing), you can expect a HELL of a lot more of that - 3 touchdowns in one quarter... I can't wait to see what Lee Evans pulls out this year.
So what you're saying is that Lee Evans will score AT LEAST 3 touchdowns a quarter for most of the 16 games this season, correct? Of course depending on the maturity of Losman. What's the line on that bet?

None the less, this thread will probably get moved to the Smack forum since it should've started there in the 1st place.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Weird game to chose to show how average Chris Chambers is

Blame Jerry Gray - the idiot went into prevent mode way, WAY too early in that game - you notice we stopped blitzing in the 2nd half when it was WORKING?

That wasn't Chris Chambers being awesome, that was us making him look way better than what he really is.

You guys had absolutely no answer for our blitzing, and for some reason that only god knows why, Gray put an end to it.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Um yeah, I think we all saw what Lee Evans is capable of against you guys in the comeback we surrendered - with Losman starting (and hopefully maturing), you can expect a HELL of a lot more of that - 3 touchdowns in one quarter... I can't wait to see what Lee Evans pulls out this year.Ok, so because of what he did against us, he is gonna be great. But because of what Chambers did against you, he is so-so and would not have had a great year and made the pro-bowl. :idunno:True Homerism right there!! A season is 16 games last time I checked and stats are counted for 16 games!

ublinkwescore
04-17-2006, 11:59 PM
:rolleyes:. Surrendering means the team gave up, correct? I guess we used Wanny as our scapegoats, I guess everyone needs some at some point, even though I'd say Wanny did a lot more damage than the previous Bills regime, despite Wanny having a better record. (That's what you call riding the talent estabished before him.) I'd still stay that no matter where Mularkey ended up.

So what you're saying is that Lee Evans will score AT LEAST 3 touchdowns a quarter for most of the 16 games this season, correct? Of course depending on the maturity of Losman. What's the line on that bet?

None the less, this thread will probably get moved to the Smack forum since it should've started there in the 1st place.

Ha ha... way to take things out of context.

I guess I could have clarified it a little more.

With Losman starting (and loving to throw to Evans), I think we will see the emergence of Lee Evans as the unquestioned #1 on this team, and possibly his first probowl appearance. The guy was the victim of what Moulds has kinda been a victim to for a good portion of his career - unsteady QBing behind the OL. I'm glad to hear that Jauron is gonna hold a competition this offseason - I don't care if Nall is starter either - as long as our starter has the arm, and the smarts to play QB (Holcombe doesn't have the arm - only the smarts).

!Papacrunk!
04-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Ok, so because of what he did against us, he is gonna be great. But because of what Chambers did against you, he is so-so and would not have had a great year and made the pro-bowl. :idunno:True Homerism right there!! A season is 16 games last time I checked and stats are counted for 16 games!
Didn't you know getting 15 receptions, 238 yards and a TD is the new average, no the below average anymore??

ublinkwescore
04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
When we were blitzing you guys in that game, your QB couldn't get rid of the ball - he either got sacked, threw an INT, or an incomplete pass (I think there was an Intentional Grounding call or two as well if I remember correctly).

ublinkwescore
04-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Didn't you know getting 15 receptions, 238 yards and a TD is the new average, no the below average anymore??

I'm not taking anything away from Chris Chambers in that game, but what about consistency?

Yeah, great for him, he had a great year playing against a team that was divided in the locker room, who had a coach with no balls, and a defensive coordinator that quits doing something when it's WORKING.

!Papacrunk!
04-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Ha ha... way to take things out of context.

I guess I could have clarified it a little more.

With Losman starting (and loving to throw to Evans), I think we will see the emergence of Lee Evans as the unquestioned #1 on this team, and possibly his first probowl appearance. The guy was the victim of what Moulds has kinda been a victim to for a good portion of his career - unsteady QBing behind the OL. I'm glad to hear that Jauron is gonna hold a competition this offseason - I don't care if Nall is starter either - as long as our starter has the arm, and the smarts to play QB (Holcombe doesn't have the arm - only the smarts).

Lol, my bad. Hopefully now that Evans will be the #1 he won't pull a Price. You know, the experience of no longer benefitting from playing on the other side of an established #1.

!Papacrunk!
04-18-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm not taking anything away from Chris Chambers in that game, but what about consistency?

Yeah, great for him, he had a great year playing against a team that was divided in the locker room, who had a coach with no balls, and a defensive coordinator that quits doing something when it's WORKING.
I will agree, consistency has been his biggest enemy. From the press conferences I've watched, he won't make excuses, but since I have some left in my bag I will--consistancy would be hard when he's had to learn a new offensive system every year he's been a pro.
Some have talked about your coaching problems last year, you guys have nothing on us during our 4-12 campaign. I welcome all challengers on that one, lol.

LtFinFan66
04-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Didn't you know getting 15 receptions, 238 yards and a TD is the new average, no the below average anymore??My bad!

BillsFever21
04-18-2006, 12:53 AM
It' not as bad as when some Bills fans thought Travis Henry was a Top 5-10 RB a couple years ago and he was gonna easily net us a high 1st round pick in a trade.

Buffalogic
04-18-2006, 03:36 AM
I try to regulate over there a little bit. These Miami Fans can get oout of control with their homerism. And they don't even know it.

LtFinFan66
04-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah there are no homers :homer: on here at all :snicker:

feelthepain
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
I try to regulate over there a little bit. These Miami Fans can get oout of control with their homerism. And they don't even know it.

Yeah, and that kinda stuff doesn't happen here.....whatever.