• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

The world must be ending in Erie County

In a unanimous show of support, all 12 Democrats on the Erie County Legislature are sponsoring a resolution to make sure the Buffalo Bills stay in town.

The lawmakers are asking the NFL to reconsider the proposed new collective bargaining agreement so small-city franchises, like the Bills, are not at an unfair financial disadvantage. They are also asking the league to appoint the Bills' owner, Ralph Wilson, as a member of the NFL Qualifying Committee to ensure small-market teams' interests and concerns will be represented.

"You cannot underestimate the value of the Buffalo Bills to Western New York, not only as a boost to Erie County's economy, but as a community asset that brings people together for enjoyment and increases the esteem and pride we have in Western New York," said Legislator George Holt.

The full Legislature is expected to act on this resolution at their April 27th session.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: The world must be ending in Erie County

political grandstanding.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Nothing but positive news. I'm glad they are all on board, we have no shot without political pressure, and they are providing it.

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
        Nothing but positive news. I'm glad they are all on board, we have no shot without political pressure, and they are providing it.
        I am not sure that "political pressure" is going to keep the franchise in Buffalo. You would have to be a very rich man to have a competetive NFL team in Buffalo after the CBA goes into effect. One who really loves football in western NY. I just think that the NFL is trying to drive at least one team to LA and I don't think they care who.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Won't change the NFL's CBA stance I am afraid.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

I think Ralph wants to make sure of a couple of things. 1) if he sells to say Mr. G then the Bills will still get their share of the revenue pie. 2) The Bills regardless can get revenue sharing without being penalised for selling naming rights etc

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
              The world must be ending in Erie County
              i dont get it
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
              X